Who's orderd what and when are you "supposed" to get it?

Maybe I just got lucky with this order and that's all there is to it. Either that or I'm in for some nasty surprise  :wonder:

I was given 30 weeks for delivery on my contract and the car arrived after 10! And it was a complete surprise to the dealer as well. Anything is possible.

So, finally got an update (of sorts) on my order placed 25th October. Still no build date, but the dealer confirmed that there are delays (length unspecified) to deliveries for both vRS hatches and estates. Apparently this is not due to any problems in the factory or with parts supply but due to the level of demand for these models globally being far higher than expected and them having to review their production schedule accordingly. So, a slightly different story to that given elsewhere.

He stated that he did not expect the delay to be substantial, "hopefully" only a couple of weeks past the mid-January date he first gave, but would understandably would not commit any more than this. He also stated that it was the dealer's policy to only provide a build date once they were confirmed as anything before that was so subject to change.

So some news, not good news, no certainty and the wait goes on... :wall:

So, finally got an update (of sorts) on my order placed 25th October. Still no build date, but the dealer confirmed that there are delays (length unspecified) to deliveries for both vRS hatches and estates. Apparently this is not due to any problems in the factory or with parts supply but due to the level of demand for these models globally being far higher than expected and them having to review their production schedule accordingly. So, a slightly different story to that given elsewhere.

He stated that he did not expect the delay to be substantial, "hopefully" only a couple of weeks past the mid-January date he first gave, but would understandably would not commit any more than this. He also stated that it was the dealer's policy to only provide a build date once they were confirmed as anything before that was so subject to change.

I've been told the same, it was also mentioned that they wanted to keep the factory open 24hrs a day 7 days a week to clear the back log...... Weather that's true or not they need to do something!

You only ordered a month ago! I ordered 5th August and only got a confirmed build date about 3 weeks ago.

Jeez..... What's your build date?

Week 47. Just letting you know that there's nothing unusual or worthy of escalating (not saying you are escalating) based on an order only placed a calendar month ago.

Week 47. Just letting you know that there's nothing unusual or worthy of escalating (not saying you are escalating) based on an order only placed a calendar month ago.

I orderd 20th September and initially told I'd have it before Christmas but due to all the delays with various options it's now looking like February. I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Oh, I know there's people who have been waiting far longer than me, and you all have my admiration for your patience. I admit I hate waiting for shiny new toys, but I'm know things could be worse. If I'd been waiting since August I'd be in an asylum by now.  :rofl:

I only chased the dealer because he was adamant that he would be giving me a build date after 4 weeks and the car would be with them before Christmas (but suggested I wait until January to have it registered, to "get the extra year"). I didn't believe him at the time having read all the posts on here, but he remained adamant. I guess I had a slightly twisted desire to prove him wrong! Of course, had he been right, I wouldn't have complained!

Anyway, I hope all those waiting longest get their cars soon - I know it will be worth the wait, and that the info is useful for those recently ordered. I'll just be in the corner fighting my impatience!  :wall:

SUK called Tuesday and said my build week is back on the system at wk3 and then my dealer called Wednesday and said it was back on the system showing at wk6........ Anyway better having something showing rather than nothing. * SIGH *

• 2 weeks later...

Škoda Octavia Elegance Combi 1,8 TSI 180 hk DSG 4x4 (1Z1Z) & (KA)

Ilias 6.5J x 16" with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 (with studs).

Order: 2013-06-25

Built: 2013-11-15

Delivery: week 50-51 2013

I'm going to pick up the car on friday, 2013-12-20.

Close to six months after order!

:)

• Like 1

My car has been confirmed build week 2, and definitely have it by the end of January ( says SUK ) apparently vRS build weeks are moving forward slightly...or as the man says on the phone not many people want new cars close to new registration change!

Ordered a 1.4TSI Octavia estate on Nov 28th, the dealer said to expect 2-3 months to delivery, i.e. some point in February.

Just now got the info that I'm assigned build week 3. And with 2 weeks for transportation and dealer preparation, it looks like I might actually get to drive it on the last days of January.  :thumbup:

Well,

Ordered 09/09/13 and was informed a couple of weeks ago build week hopefully 50 and delivery end of Jan.....

Random phone call today from the dealer... Err Ben, your car is in the car park and you can have it christmas eve if you want...

My reply is probably quite predictable!!

Octavia VRS Hatch - Race Blue.

Options: Black pack, Columbus, Cruise, Keyless, Sun Set.

Edited by Boycie999
  • Like 2

Guys I'm ordering 31st December, anybody know any delay issues with any of the following:-

1.4 TSI SE DSG, Race Blue, Towbar prep, Cruise, 18" rims, Crew Protect, floor mats, space saver spare

Its not flash, can't be too hard to build a car FFS

Regards

T

I placed my order on 22 Nov. The contract estimate was 4-5 months for delivery. After an initial scheduled production date for July 2014 the car was marked as entering production a few days ago. It will be built at the beginning of January and the scheduled delivery week is 06/2014.

I've ordered 1.2 TSI Estate in Elegance trim with lots of extras, amongst which were some that caused delays like Front Assistant, Kessy, the back power outlet.

2 weeks after I placed my order the dealer told me I could get my car 2 months quicker if I cancel the Front Assistant and the power outlet. I said no and waited for a scheduled production date. Probably they just got new parts :)

Edited by florino

Ordered VRs Tsi Estate on 22nd Sep and was initially told mid to late Jan. I was then given a build week of week 16, so looking like a May delivery !!!! WTF

This has now been revised to week 12, but that still puts the car in my hands in April.

Meanwhile the dealer has my deposit for 7 months and I am expected to be patient.

I ordered a vRS TDi hatch back at the beginning of August and have been told it is ready to be collected in January when we get back into work after the break :happy:

It is a race blue (obviously!) manual with black pack, kessy, Columbus, ACC, spare wheel, kitchen sink...