Spacers for vRS estate

For gods sake make sure you buy HubCentric spacers which will centre on the hubs and wheels, buying universal spacers is a route to seriously wobbly wheels.  They may cost a little more but will save a lot of grief.

• 2 weeks later...

I can imagine any spacers would reduce the life of the wheel bearings, and the larger the worse it will be.

Anyone been running them for significant mileage on a mk2?

Yes thats my concern at the minute, going to lower then see what it looks like

I wasnt sure it would need as much as 30mm but good to see an example.

Where did you find the photo?

When i measured from the wheel face to the arch it was 30mm.

If you search H&R 28833-2 (part number), it will come up with the H&R website

I can imagine any spacers would reduce the life of the wheel bearings, and the larger the worse it will be.

Anyone been running them for significant mileage on a mk2?

Had spacers on mk2 for about 35k, car has done 65k total did have a wheel bearing go about 15,000 miles ago. But my previous mk 1 without spacers also had a wheel bearing go similar age and mileage. So I believe it makes no difference. Mine are 16mm and 11mm front 30mm sounds big, most mk2 run what I have, many only space the rear. FYI I have Never had a rubbing issue even when extremely fully loaded.

Edited by firestormwest
  • Like 1

Had spacers on mk2 for about 35k, car has done 65k total did have a wheel bearing go about 15,000 miles ago. But my previous mk 1 without spacers also had a wheel bearing go similar age and mileage. So I believe it makes no difference. Mine are 16mm and 11mm front 30mm sounds big, most mk2 run what I have, many only space the rear. FYI I have Never had a rubbing issue even when extremely fully loaded.

Dont suppose you have any pics ? trying to decide if its going to be noticable.