I am disapointed

Been to have a look at my new Octavia this morning and agreed to collect the car on Wednesday.

Whent to have a look at the car and every thing looks great, then the power boot refuses to open on first try just pops and needs a bit of help. The next couple of attempts the boot works as expected.

Then the problem looking into the boot and my Elegance has no rear seat release leavers as per the specification - it's a no cost option that has to be added by the dealer.

I have informed the salesman that I am very disappointed that it is not there and am in two minds to refuse the car and it places me in a very awkward position. 

If I refuse and place a new order I do not get ACC. I have said I do not have a problem with them being retro fitted, the salesman reply was it would be expensive he would need to speak to Skoda.

If the rear seat release leavers are a no cost option that have to be added by the dealer, I don't see where the dealer has a problem ?  I would certainly request the levers if it was in the original spec :)

If the rear seat release leavers are a no cost option that have to be added by the dealer, I don't see where the dealer has a problem ?  I would certainly request the levers if it was in the original spec :)

I agree and I will be stressing that Monday.

If the rear seat release leavers are a no cost option that have to be added by the dealer, I don't see where the dealer has a problem ? I would certainly request the levers if it was in the original spec :)

Because it will cost them to retro fit them...

The ‘no cost option that has to be added by the dealer.’ will refer to the dealer having to tick a box at time of ordering the car, rather than the dealer fitting the required items... which may well be costly.

If they are items you really require then walk away from the deal.

Salesmen tend to be masters at offering things that are not possible, then they leave others to sort it out, I bought a demo car and asked if a dividing net could be fitted retro as this was important for us and a deciding factor to take this actual car, it was not possible when we went to pick it up, other retro fixtures which were possible were still not fitted either. Dont give them sympathy screw them cause thats what they are trying to do to you, if it costs them money then more the better cause that then goes up the chain of command and **** flys.

Are they supposed to be standard on the Elegance? I thought that was only on the VRS (though quite why is a mystery) according to the brochure.

The equipment list on the website shows them as an £80 option on Elegance but they aren't mentioned at all on the configurator.

For the SE estate and above the release levels are standard fitment.

At the time I made it clear I was very disappointed when I thought it was not a major issue. Now I have had time to think about it it's really annoyed me.

I feel like I have an SE with options not an Elegance, just shove the cars through any spec will do.

The handles were missing on my Octavia estate as well. I was told they can not now be fitted and that it was a factory mistake !

If an Octavia is involved in an accident and the rear trims gets damaged they cannot get replaced and the car could get written off?  I think the dealer did not want to pickup the cost.

If an Octavia is involved in an accident and the rear trims gets damaged they cannot get replaced and the car could get written off? I think the dealer did not want to pickup the cost.

That's not what he said, he said they cannot be retro fitted to a car that hasn't come from the factory with them. Replacing like for like is a different matter.

Anyway they're not that amazing, the simply unlatch the seat back, you still have to stretch through and fold the seat down or do it through the rear door....

That's not what he said, he said they cannot be retro fitted to a car that hasn't come from the factory with them. Replacing like for like is a different matter.

Anyway they're not that amazing, the simply unlatch the seat back, you still have to stretch through and fold the seat down or do it through the rear door....

I agree with you, but it is very annoying not to get the correct  build.  I am waiting to see what I am offered in compensation.  Perhaps they will refund the £145 I paid for mats and mud flaps and £30 of diesel !

i noticed these on the vrs estate in the showroom, i assumed that they were std, so my vrs estate wont have them then?, not fussed really as iv never had them before, but i understand your point, and as theyve made the error in not ordering them,then they should make things right at their cost,but i wouldnt reject it personally for that because of the time lines of getting a replacement and equipment fitted, best of luck with getting it sorted

i noticed these on the vrs estate in the showroom, i assumed that they were std, so my vrs estate wont have them then?, not fussed really as iv never had them before, but i understand your point, and as theyve made the error in not ordering them,then they should make things right at their cost,but i wouldnt reject it personally for that because of the time lines of getting a replacement and equipment fitted, best of luck with getting it sorted

They are standard on the vRS estate.

On the configurator they were up to late October coming up as an automatically applied free cost option, for the SE anyway but now they are listed in the main equipment spec under Safety, functionality, comfort.

Hope SUK get their finger out and get onto the factory sooner rather than later if they have started sending them out incorrectly spec'd :wonder:

Two in one week just on this forum is not good.

Would be tempted to tell them to try again myself (have already experienced rejecting a new Skoda for wrong spec) but I don't have scarce equipment on my order to worry about, unless things change in the next few weeks.

Hope you get it sorted,

TP

I think Neily has hit the important point here, they seem a bit rubbish anyway. Compared with the ones on French cars which actually fold the seats completely flat, the Skoda ones don't seem to be useful at all. And while I'm complaining I really can't understand why every other estate car in the world can have a flat load bay and Skoda still can't manage it!

Thanks for the replies.

If you knew my history with Skoda and the wonderment of others that I have gone back for a third kicking, you would understand my disappointment.

Synopsis.

Greenline II, New engine after 6 weeks just before it would have blown up, injector one on new engine fixed, then failed and replaced, injector 2 failed and replaced, injector 3 of 3 failed and replaced, DPF damaged resulting in sensor failing and at point of change to the Elegance it failed with another engine warning light.

Elegance oil level sensor failed after just one week, electric mirror switch fell in to door, rear doors leaked marking seats and electric window pod popped out of door.

I liked the look of the Octavia and the Fabia has been just a little bit too small for us, so I thought third time lucky - it feels oh so wrong.

...why every other estate car in the world can have a flat load bay and Skoda still can't manage it!

You need to spec the raised boot floor and you'll have it.

http://www.dmkeith.com/upload/thumbcache/0x0/images/media-library/E4/515bcb5e05d42.jpg

You need to spec the raised boot floor and you'll have it.

http://www.dmkeith.com/upload/thumbcache/0x0/images/media-library/E4/515bcb5e05d42.jpg

Exactly why I see the levers as part of the flat floor solution.

I have a long item, press the boot button and it opens on its own (electric boot) pull the leaver and slide item in shut boot get in and away.

Now I have to open the boot part slide in open the back door pull the sea, go back push item in close boot and drive away.