Heated screen

JCP

If I hadn't gone for an ex demo in 2010 this would have been an option then but my L&K came with it-an important part of a terrific value package.

Last two days first use with Ice on screen first thing-dynamite!!!!! Press button and in the time it took for the phone to pair and the radio to come on a flick of the wipers and fit to go.

Heated screen and xenons just the two most valuable accessories 

• Like 3

:hi: WRONG,  heated screen, heated seats according to SWMBO, get in start engine, seat on then heated screen on only in that order apparently.

• Like 1

Nothing better than heated seats and screen in this weather.

Turn key, press 3 buttons and by the time I've scraped the side windows it's good to go with a nice warm bum to go with it. :)

Nothing better than heated seats and screen in this weather.

Turn key, press 3 buttons and by the time I've scraped the side windows it's good to go with a nice warm bum to go with it. :)

heated steering wheel would be nice too, not always having gloves...

• Like 2

The spec on my current Yeti has created a 'must have' list for any future vehicle - not that I have any plans to change for a while!

I can't believe almost 3 years have passed since the interminable 8 month wait, but in all honesty I'd wait again for a vehicle which meets my needs so perfectly!

The extra mid range 'grunt' and suspension mods have turned it into a very competent and safe cross country mile eater :thumbup:

I think they missed a trick here not having a remote start up. I would qute like to start the car from the living room and finish the last cup of tea while everything demists and warms up!

Apparentley illegal here in the UK unfortunately.

briwy,s comment about remote start being illegal is interesting as a lot of police cars are fitted with a system where you hit a switch and can then take the ignition key out and the car keeps running (so as the battery doesn't go flat when all the lights are on at an accident ect). if any one gets in and touches the brakes/throttle/clutch the engine immediately stops. I can't see the difference between a remote start and this system. Having said that,  manufactures say just sitting with the engine ticking over is the worst way of warming the engine up.

briwy,s comment about remote start being illegal is interesting as a lot of police cars are fitted with a system where you hit a switch and can then take the ignition key out and the car keeps running (so as the battery doesn't go flat when all the lights are on at an accident ect). if any one gets in and touches the brakes/throttle/clutch the engine immediately stops. I can't see the difference between a remote start and this system. Having said that,  manufactures say just sitting with the engine ticking over is the worst way of warming the engine up.

That system is called EARL. Engine Anti-theft Run Lock it does allow the engine to remain running with the ignition key removed and can only be driven off when the ignition key is re-inserted.

It cannot be set unless the handbrake is applied.

Without the key, the engine will stop and the steering lock engages as soon as the handbrake is released.

The major difference is that the vehicle cannot be driven away with EARL but a normal vehicle can.

The offence committed is Quitting a motor vehicle while whilst the engine is running.

It carries a fixed penalty of £30

I've had heated windscreens before- fantastic - and a good safety option.

Pity it wasnt available on the Greenline model I now have.

? That's a surprise. You would have thought it would be an option across the range.

Unless Skoda think it would affect the green credentials

? That's a surprise. You would have thought it would be an option across the range.

Unless Skoda think it would affect the green credentials

I believe a larger alternator is required which , like a spare wheel, would push the CO2 over the magic 119 figure and up a tax band