My citigo runaround

gazzcross

hello to all, ive been looking at the forum for a while while i was waiting for my citigo to be delivered and finally took delivery 3 weeks ago after the 12 week wait from factory. im 18 and this is my second car however i still have my first car as its a classic which ive put alot of work into however it doesnt like everyday use nor winter weather which is the reason for buying the citigo!.

ive bought the citigo elegance 3 door 60ps model in night blue,

and i also ordered -

the entertainment pack

sill protectors

floor mats

Roof bars

bike carrier

silver sport stripes

rear sport spoiler

black alloy wheels

its a cracking little car and made even nicer with the modifications i made (in pieces on the same day of delivery :giggle: )

Alpine Ezi-DAB add on radio kit

usb port for the above

wind deflectors

changed all speakers for better sound quality

sound deadening in the boot

Space saving sub woofer (fits inside spare wheel)

lowering springs

white osram headlight bulbs

white drl bulbs

rear window tint

interior light swap with LED bulbs

painted calipers red

yellow tint on fog lights

soon to be fitted BBS RZ alloy wheels

i'll upload a picture for you all to comment and opinionise :giggle:

i absolutely love the car and the go kart feel it has and cannot believe how spritely it is for a 1L car!

thanks for having a mooch

GC

Edited by gazzcross
  • Like 3

I shall post pictures when I get back from work,

The speakers have all been changed for better quality Sony 3 way speakers which give a nicer sound than the original paper ones,

The wheels was an afterthought and i'll post a picture of them, I ordered the black wheels at the same time as ordering the car and after the 12 week wait I changed my mind :p

I wanted something different which is why I chose the blue with silver stripes

Thanks for the nice comments!

these are the wheels that will eventually go on the citigo, BBS RZ 15" 6J genuine VW BBS,

DSC_0026%255B1%255D.jpg    

And this is for eyecandy, this is my previous project which took me a year to complete and was my daily drive for a year and a half :)

IMG-20120923-00110.jpg

i will upload some pictures of the other bits and bobs when it is light enough outside such as the rear spoiler, the space saving subwoofer and the DAB radio kit.

Edited by gazzcross

Looks well and loving the mods... Have you changed the whole head unit? I'm about to put together a system for the wife's Sport so interested in your setup.

Love the moggy too, my mate has been restoring one for the last SEVENTEEN YEARS lol.

i decided to leave the headunit standard so i still have the functionality of the PID unit and to be fair the standard head unit is pretty good.

the moggy is fun to drive and its not surprising how long it takes some people to restore one when we have day jobs :p luckily i was on a shift pattern when restoring that one so i had plenty of time to tinker :p

So how have you got a signal for the sub? Is it an all in one or with separate amp?

Yeah his moggy is a running joke with us lot, started it when he was sixteen and as his Dad is big into American cars etc he has gone hot rod stylee. It is really good to be fair and will actually be done for this year lol

We're only up the road in Northwich :) 

Show him the picture of mine :p I started that when I was 16 to use as my first car :p

The sub is an all in one type, its a pioneer spare wheel sub, I ran the feeds to the front to get the permanent live and switched live and the audio feed came from the rear speakers :)

Love what you've done with the car, looks fantastic.  That's a great colour combination.  I know you said you ordered the car with black alloys but am I going mad or are those the Apus alloys in the picture?  Might just be the angle... Might just be my eyes... :wonder:

• Like 1

Love what you've done with the car, looks fantastic.  That's a great colour combination.  I know you said you ordered the car with black alloys but am I going mad or are those the Apus alloys in the picture?  Might just be the angle... Might just be my eyes... :wonder:

you are correct they are the apus alloys just in black, the dealer swapped the silver ones for black ones during the pdi :p and the dealer was kind enough to give me the silver alloys aswell so i actually have 3 sets of wheels :p

• Like 2

Hi Gazzcross,

Very impressive, like your photos.

Just one word of caution - make sure your insurance company is kept abreast of your alterations, especially if you are lowering springs or altering the suspension in any way. In the unfortunate situation of an accident you don't want them to weazle out of their commitments.

Shanco

• Like 1

you are correct they are the apus alloys just in black, the dealer swapped the silver ones for black ones during the pdi :p and the dealer was kind enough to give me the silver alloys aswell so i actually have 3 sets of wheels :p

That was jammy!  I didn't know they did the Apus in black.  When mine arrives it'll just have the silver ones.  My son has been going on and on about getting the black alloys as the car is white with tinted windows but I couldn't stretch the pennies quite that far!