FL orders log

Truthseeker

I guess the FL had a later sale start in Norway than in UK

Really looking forward to a brand new car, only had + 10 year old ones so far.

My current "Frenchie 206" is rolling on her last kilometers now, worn out!

It's my first brand new car as well. My current Mondeo "Bertha" is 6 1/2 years old and still going strong. But my wife had a new Citigo in August, and "new car jealousy" has kicked in!

Ordered mid October Yeti Outdoor 1.2 SE in candy white with black roof, Matterhorn alloys, Amundsen with DAB and reversing camera, spare wheel, heated screen and jets.

Originally given week 50 then put back to week 13 (quite a delay, but not an issue for us fortunately) just checked with SUK and the dealers and the build is confirmed as week 2, so things are on the move.

Guess it will be in the dealers weather permitting around early feb. We have requested a 14 plate and the dealer is fine with this.

While at the dealer I had a look at the facelifted " indoor" version - I think as many people have commented - shame about the round fogs, it gave a bit of character and the new front looks more aggressive now but still pleasing to the eye. The dual beam Halogen headlamps I'm sure will be better which was a weak point on the original. I don't like the lack of door trim strip as I despise door dings, although it probably would only stop a small percentage of these. The seat fabric is better and the 3 spoke steering wheel is good, but otherwise very little has changed.

Good luck with your orders and I hope you are as pleased as we have been with our previous Skodas.

Regards

Jason

Are the door protection strips not still there?  I thought, and pictures I've seen seem to support this, that they are there but now in the same colour as the rest of the car.

Fred

Are the door protection strips not still there?  I thought, and pictures I've seen seem to support this, that they are there but now in the same colour as the rest of the car.

Fred

Black strips are standard on all Outdoor FLs and painted on the City version (Elegance and L&K only) - or so I understand.

No door strips not even painted on the SE "indoor version" I looked at, on the 3D configurator they are only on the Elegance. They are fitted to all the Outdoor version.

SHMBO thinks the Outdoor looks better, I agree with previous comments on painted bumpers an sills.

So, finally picked up the new Yeti today - vey pleased with it. It's a FL 1.2 TSI DSG Elegance in Candy White. Will get some pics when the weather is not blowing a hooley!

Told yesterday by dealer that my FL Yeti ordered in early September was due to be with them today - hopefully we can collect it on Thursday 2nd - finally!!!!

Finally!    :devil:   ;)

Mine ordered same time is probably another month from delivery- just as well it's not a problem.

Did your dealer give you any previous information about the schedule or was it simply "it's here!".

I suspect that is all I will get, so pleased that SUK are keeping me up to date (last I heard from dealer was Week 14 build!)

Did your dealer give you any previous information about the schedule or was it simply "it's here!"

Yes and No! Sometimes we were told what was happening - other times we had to contact them and ask, after looking at comments on this forum (we got most info early on from SUK). Nearer the end the information was fairly slow coming through - the system said one thing (i.e. A build date - only to find it had already been built a couple of weeks prior) - so as I think most people experience, fairly patchy!

Ordered Yeti Elegance 2.0tdi 110PS on 2 December from Listers in Coventry. Received a call the following week telling me that Shark Blue was no longer available (so order amended to Petrol Blue). Another call yesterday giving provisional build date of week five, but told to take that with a pinch of salt as the dates are always fluid. He is hoping that if that build week sticks, it can be here for March 1...

Snap - also ordered a Yeti Elegance 2.0 Tdi 110 (Outdoor) from Listers Coventry at the start of December . Spoke to them this morning , he says build week 7 and they are looking at the beginning of march for delivery.

Finally had confirmation that our 1.2 DSG Elegance is being built this week (week 2) should be with us by the end of the month! That will mean over 8 months of waiting for a yeti! 

I ordered 110PS Elegance 2WD (Brilliant Silver) on 16th December. Dealer has been good at keeping me informed - first build week given was week 6 and this has now been moved forward to week 5. Pleasantly surprised I must say because I have specified a lot of extras. This would mean around 11 or 12 week lead time - just as predicted by the dealer.

Just checked my status and has now changed to..... Status: In Transit from factory to Germany Port  :rofl:

Don't know how acurate these updates are but mine has been showing this status since 23rd December with the build week still showing as week 2.

Don't know how acurate these updates are but mine has been showing this status since 23rd December with the build week still showing as week 2.

I must admit I did take it with a large pinch of salt.  As long as I can pick it up at the beginning of March I'll be happy.

140 DSG 4x4 Elegance outdoor in Metal grey, with various options, ordered 4th December.

Production/build week 3-2014.

Visited the store today, talked with the salesman.

According to the order system, the car was in production now, started this week.

Called the dealer yesterday and spoke to boss (not the salesman, who doesn't return emails) and he said it is still "scheduled" for Week 4 and that none of my options are in short supply. He said 1 week to build it then c. 3 weeks to ship it, etc.

Fingers crossed for late Feb/early March

Got a call this morning from the salesman to confirm Week 4 build date :)

Got a call this morning from the salesman to confirm build date :)

Not something I've experienced  :wonder: even though it's supposedly been built this week.

I guess I'll get a joyous call some time to say it's arrived and I'm supposed to forget the 3 months' silence from them.

Kudos to SUK for keeping me informed and probably avoiding a cancellation.

• Like 1

Not something I've experienced  :wonder: even though it's supposedly been built this week.

I guess I'll get a joyous call some time to say it's arrived and I'm supposed to forget the 3 months' silence from them.

Kudos to SUK for keeping me informed and probably avoiding a cancellation.

Sounds familiar. Having said that the salesman phoned last week after not hearing anything for ages saying that it was being built and from now on he would ring us same time every week from now on to keep us up to date. Hopefully will be here by the end of the month. won't hold my breath. I think some Skoda Dealers could do with going on a customer service course. 

• Like 2