Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

Just lowered bruv innit........

(actually, OEM suspension but just went to Wickes and needed to get about 5 bags of 25kg sand, and added 5 bags of 20mm gravel so probably about 200kees in the boot lol, not account for the 200L of compost too haha)

Just as well it was only a minute down the road !

IMG 20160614 1211002961111

Edited by vRSAnt
  • Like 3

As promised!

Wasn't the nicest of day to have the car delivered but I was too excited to care anyway!!!

edit: Sorry about the upside down image :S

post-141566-0-39353300-1465987038_thumb.jpg

post-141566-0-77062400-1465987038_thumb.jpg

post-141566-0-11505100-1465987039_thumb.jpg

Edited by Conn0r
  • Like 3

Very nice! What is the tint % of rear window and how big are the alloys?

Rear windows are factory "sunset glass" option, but not sure of % reduction. Wheels are Skoda 18" Pictoris.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Just getting round to posting some pics after 1 month.......

DSCN12461_zpspujith1x.jpg

DSCN12381_zps91s4kats.jpg

Rear windows have now been "extra tinted" to about 15% as the standard factory sunset tint is rubbish IMHO!

Edited by JezzaS
  • Like 4

Just lowered bruv innit........

(actually, OEM suspension but just went to Wickes and needed to get about 5 bags of 25kg sand, and added 5 bags of 20mm gravel so probably about 200kees in the boot lol, not account for the 200L of compost too haha)

Just as well it was only a minute down the road !

Looks boss that. Should get it lowered man.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Just getting round to posting some pics after 1 month.......

DSCN12461_zpspujith1x.jpg

DSCN12381_zps91s4kats.jpg

Rear windows have now been "extra tinted" to about 15% as the standard factory sunset tint is rubbish IMHO!

Just out of curiosity how much did the tints set you back?

Like yourself I thought the sunset glass wasn't dark enough and a bit overpriced at £200 so I waited and had my wagon tinted to 18% aftermarket. No regrets either!

It actually cost £200 to have the aftermarket tint which is the same as Skoda wanted for their 35% tint which is no where near dark enough. Mine are now about 15% and looks so much better than those I have seen with the factory tint. It looks more like the darker Audi, BMW, Merc tint.

interested to see how many bike carriers you can get on the edge bars. Do you think you could get 4? Also do you have a sun roof and does it open with these bars?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Definitely wont get 4. there is not even room for 3 bikes facing the same way. Middle bike facing backwards might allow 3

13460736_10154258398887806_830656581_o_z

13446289_10154258397992806_367007186_o_z

You'd probably still manage with 3 mountain bikes with the middle one nose to tail. I am impressed with the Thule 598 carrier takes literally seconds to mount and dismount the bikes

Do you guys use stepladders?

Do you guys use stepladders?

Not at all. Not even on tiptoes and I am only 5ft 11

The clamping points are at roof rail level, ie the bottom of the bike wheels, and the frame clamp is tightened by the knob which again is only slightly higher than roof level.

Takes about 20 seconds to mount or dismount the bike, and that's without a kerb to stand on.

With Thule you pay a bit more for great quality and great design

Not at all. Not even on tiptoes and I am only 5ft 11

That's "only" five inches taller than me.

Impossible to balance a bike above head height by holding bottom bracket and a wheel. :'(

That's why I use a removable towball and Thule carrier. :happy:

It actually cost £200 to have the aftermarket tint which is the same as Skoda wanted for their 35% tint which is no where near dark enough. Mine are now about 15% and looks so much better than those I have seen with the factory tint. It looks more like the darker Audi, BMW, Merc tint.

I got mine done for "mates rates" but would've paid Skoda £200 if their tints had been darker.

I totally agree that 35% is nowhere near dark enough, especially when the standard factory tint is 20%.

What paint protection you gone with? Are you talking film or wax type protection?

image.jpg

My new acquisition. Also my first Skoda, really pleased so far with the car. It's gone for an exterior valet and paint protection today and I will have her back on Saturday so will aim for some more piccies then.

JezzaS just have to put it out there - your car looks stunning! What I'd give to have mine as reflective..!

After seeing those pics I'm also tempted about making my sunset glass that little bit darker..

Thanks for the nice comments. I thought for a long time about colour and wheel combinations and wanted something that was not as "common" as race blue or white with the anthracite wheels but it makes the car look a bit more understated and harder to work out what it is, which is a good thing IMHO. So many boy racers have a good look and then realise what the car is before backing off LOL :D I should add that there is nothing wrong with white or race blue, in fact I like the car in both colours but you don't see many in quartz grey which is why I chose it in the end.

I also asked for no badges to be added during the build and so all I have are the vRS badges on the boot and front grill.

Edited by JezzaS
  • Like 1

What paint protection you gone with? Are you talking film or wax type protection?

It's a chemical rather than wax, a Koch Chemie product recommended for my silver car (over his more expensive Swissvax alternatives) by the knowledgeable car nut valeter. He does also do the film type coat but didn't mention that as an option

http://www.crystalvaletdetail.co.uk/nano-treatments.html

This is the car last week just after I picked her up (link until I reduce the size of if the photo)

https://imgur.com/dyLpHvE

https://imgur.com/a/KlrWD

• Like 3