Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

13 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Is that stage 2 bits to get that sort of power?

Standard. A very reputable mapper who gets incredible verified figures. Was running around 240 stock on 99 momentum. 

I should add its 290 at the wheels so the 330 is just my maths skills (add 15% to the whp on a FWD manual). Torques up at around 475Nm aswell. 

He reckons these engines are monsters that people severely under rate. 

2 minutes ago, Saints92 said:

Standard. A very reputable mapper who gets incredible verified figures. Was running around 240 stock on 99 momentum. 

I should add its 290 at the wheels so the 330 is just my maths skills (add 15% to the whp on a FWD manual). Torques up at around 475Nm aswell. 

He reckons these engines are monsters that people severely under rate. 

Mines at 302bhp and 467NM just with stage 1 re-map but should take it to stage 2 in October and hopefully 350bhp and 500NM!:biggrin:

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Mines at 302bhp and 467NM just with stage 1 re-map but should take it to stage 2 in October and hopefully 350bhp and 500NM!:biggrin:

Difference is incredible really. Guy reckons a bigger downpipe alone gets an extra 20hp on top of what I have, but I'd need an uprated clutch and that for higher toque to run safely, mines is a base 220 so no LSD. 

1 minute ago, Saints92 said:

Difference is incredible really. Guy reckons a bigger downpipe alone gets an extra 20hp on top of what I have, but I'd need an uprated clutch and that for higher toque to run safely, mines is a base 220 so no LSD. 

Mines got the latest VAQ diff and getting 3"downpipe 3" sports cat Miiltek full system, AIrtec induction kit, air filter and intercooler and uprated the brakelines/fluid to Motorsport spec with the stage 2 re-map to cope with the denser charged air and extra exhaust gas volumes. Seen online that intercooler can give 40bhp increase over stock and other 3 mods could give 30bhp so my estimate should be on the conservative side. Costing £3,850 including the work already done, but should be one the fastest Octy's in the UK with a stock Turbo!:devil:

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Mines got the latest VAQ diff and getting 3"downpipe 3" sports cat Miiltek full system, AIrtec induction kit, air filter and intercooler and uprated the brakelines/fluid to Motorsport spec with the stage 2 re-map to cope with the denser charged air and extra exhaust gas volumes. Seen online that intercooler can give 40bhp increase over stock and other 3 mods could give 30bhp so my estimate should be on the conservative side. Costing £3,850 including the work already done, but should be one the fastest Octy's in the UK with a stock Turbo!:devil:

Should get more than 350 with all that surely? 

Is it a custom map you're getting or just a flash? I went custom as you get far higher than the likes of Apr and revo offer. 

1 minute ago, Saints92 said:

Should get more than 350 with all that surely? 

Is it a custom map you're getting or just a flash? I went custom as you get far higher than the likes of Apr and revo offer. 

Yeah custom re-map tailored specifically to take into account all the work done at AmD in Essex. The 4 BTCC race cars they prepare have an air restrictor to keep power down to around 370BHP!:biggrin:

32 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yeah custom re-map tailored specifically to take into account all the work done at AmD in Essex. The 4 BTCC race cars they prepare have an air restrictor to keep power down to around 370BHP!:biggrin:

That's beautiful :biggrin: any idea of the easiest way for me to get a lsd? Think the 245s have them standard but unsure how simple it is to fit them to a 220.

2 minutes ago, Saints92 said:

That's beautiful :biggrin: any idea of the easiest way for me to get a lsd? Think the 245s have them standard but unsure how simple it is to fit them to a 220.

Can't imagine it's a simple job think the FL230's comes with the electronic diff as well. You can really feel it working going round a corner or roundabout you can get on the power early like a four wheel drive car.

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Can't imagine it's a simple job think the FL230's comes with the electronic diff as well. You can really feel it working going round a corner or roundabout you can get on the power early like a four wheel drive car.

Wasn't it pre-FL 230's got the diff but post FL 230's didn't.

2 hours ago, Saints92 said:

I believe that it is near impossible to put OEM device, but there are aftermarket like Quaife. Not same as VAQ, as purely mechanical, but quite a gadget and improvement. Mandatory upgrade, if you plan to drive strong FWD, especially stage 1-2-3...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nidza said:

I believe that it is near impossible to put OEM device, but there are aftermarket like Quaife. Not same as VAQ, as purely mechanical, but quite a gadget and improvement. Mandatory upgrade, if you plan to drive strong FWD, especially stage 1-2-3...

15 minutes ago, BlockABoots said:

So ive seen a fair few members on here who have added, black grill surround, rear diffuses and front spoilers, black badges. Wheres the best place to get these parts from in the UK? 

Superskoda

eBay

Ali Express

etc....

1 hour ago, Phillips said:

54562803-5979-4134-9F80-2765ED619AD9.thumb.jpeg.c23f1ea287e91b9eaa851c94ad757480.jpeg

10A999B0-0A79-4351-BE42-42D2074F5D3B.thumb.jpeg.c89e8d376b8d1688497158c2439f4d88.jpeg

Looks fantastic!

Mine yesterday:

393DCA6A-D500-4E09-82B4-F11A6D5CAE8E.jpeg

I’ve done the same as you and debadged leaving just the vRS badge on the rear. Looks much cleaner. 

Edited by dunc69
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Nice stance with the new wider wheels and tyres looks like I have spacers just the wider standard track on the 245!:cool:

image.jpg

I always thought yours was Moon White for some bizarre reason.

• Like 1