Winters on !

Finally got round to putting these on. Merc W204 alloys with spigots to fit vag centre bore.

Interesting that. They look like they could be Skoda alloys. Are they 17's ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Decided to keep my winters on all year round from now on.

I'm a low mileage user of around 6k per year, I don't drive around like a looney, I normally corner at reasonable (bordering on 'sedate') speeds, and have read other forums where people have kept them on yr-round with no obvious adverse effects.

I figured (like a lot of similar like-minded people) that I'd have changed the car before I need new tyres anyway, so I thought why go to the extra expense of getting my summers put back on for 6-7mths!

I'll see how it goes....

A bit of a funny way to look at it, but for those considering leaving winter tyres on... Take a look at a British Gas van next time you see one. They run Michelin Alpin Winter tyres all year round.

A bit of a funny way to look at it, but for those considering leaving winter tyres on... Take a look at a British Gas van next time you see one. They run Michelin Alpin Winter tyres all year round.

Not sure what you're getting at there Phil tbh...??

Decided to keep my winters on all year round from now on.

I'm a low mileage user of around 6k per year, I don't drive around like a looney, I normally corner at reasonable (bordering on 'sedate') speeds, and have read other forums where people have kept them on yr-round with no obvious adverse effects.

Depends on the tyre , some winter tyres have poor stopping distances in the dry.  I picked the Continental TS850 due to their overall performance including the dry - you could use these all year round

I promised myself a set of winter  tyres when I next changed cars after a few dodgy journeys a couple of years ago - not sure when to change back to my Continental summer tyres though

• 1 year later...