2003 September Numbers

tavia4x4

What are you doing?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What are you doing?

• Arriving Friday, need B&B's/Hotel both nights.
    • Arriving Friday, need camping either or both nights.
    • Arriving Saturday, need B&B's/Hotel Satuday night.
    • Arriving Saturday, need camping Saturday.
    • Doing the Drive on Saturday as a Driver (have passenger seat free)
    • Doing the Drive on Saturday, passenger seat taken.
    • Want pub food/ale on Saturday night.
    • Going to BTCC at Oulton on Sunday, need/have tickets.
    • Arriving Friday, need B&B's/Hotel on Friday only.
    • Some combination of the above, but see below.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may sound a bit weird - but a while ago there was a poll setup where you ticked whether you were staying on the Friday night and/or Saturday night - camping/B&B - doing the drive - not doing the drive - Going to see the tourings cars, and not going... etc etc. Could that poll be set-up again from scratch? It may give a very accurate idea of who's coming to what & their preferences?

• Administrators

Okay to try and get a few numbers, people in the pub need enough sausages for the morning.

Drop a vote (I can see who needs what then) on any of the options that suit.

I'm trying to see how many will be around for lunch on the Satudray night and how many will be on the drive as both pubs are not really geared for 20+ people arriving at once in mid september. I'm sure you appreciate it's best for all, if we have at least a vague ballpark number. Lunch is typical bar lunch, and it's very good in a few folks eye's; isn't it Jon? Anyway sarnies to massive mixed grills are on offer; arn't they Jon?

Evening pub is a good spot, trying to see if we can get the bar with a few goodies for us to "discuss" the day.

Those needing cushy accomodation, travelodge, pub B&B and other B&B's are available, details will be sent to those who need.

If you have a passenger seat going then say and I'll try to match to those who want to passenger and say so.

Try to keep this thread fairly clean, makes it easier to print off :D

It's a poll, go for it.:cheers: :bttt: :drive1:

Will arrive Friday, leave Sat after the drive. Would like hotel Fri but will camp if that's the popular option. Have passenger seat on Sat available - may stay for a quick beer/nosh but won't be staying late.

Edit: had to tick hotel both nights as needed Fri. Forgot to tick "see below" box :o

Arrive Friday, drive Saturday, return home Sunday (not sure if funds can stretch to BTCC as well, although Fen Jr would be happy if I could). Are the various hostelries en-route and post drive children friendly?? If not I'll have to find alternatives.

Looking for twin room @ B&B for Fri and Sat then.

Cheers,

Ahem - did someone move my post? I honestly can't remember posting in here.... oh well?

Friday - will book a half day for the 19th - leave Exeter at about 1pm, should arrive oop North at about 5pm, if I moderate my speed to 75'ish. Bringing along my tent, but if weather is seriously going to be atrocious I may be on the lookout for some cheap B&B. However, my tent has survived some pretty bad weather before, and I always have the car to sleep in, which will be nice & dry... :rolleyes: Beers/food in the evening? I only say an option in the poll for ales/food on the Saturday. Rumours of a barbecue...!

Saturday - Doing the drive myself, passenger seat still free if someone (with no heart problems & a good grip) fancies a risk. I'll be "eibached" by then... :D

Sunday - Doing the touring cars - have no ticket yet, so I don't know if a group discount will be taken advantage of? or, if its just pay on the day. End of the day - going home, very satisfied I reckon... :thumbup:

am i allowed to bring my 8v out to play also as i am a tight c""t anyone willing to share a tent (i am very poor!) not able to afford sunday but if anyone is heading south on sunday i could run up an interesting route to the m1 or m40 as i live in derby

or if anyone is going through my neck of the woods wanna meet up and convoy up there.

Alex:D

Alex, everyone is welcome to come out and play :D

Not sure when I'll be up, but it will probably be Saturday am. I'll probably camp wherever evryone else is on the Saturday night and come back Sunday am, depends on arrangements at home at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Birmingham around 2pm or 3pm could be a general convoy beginning on the Friday afternoon. :thumbup: Anyone know what the first services up the M6 from Brum, or perhaps on the M5 to the west of brum? I think a look at streetmap.co.uk is in order in a few minutes. :D

PS: slight delay on eibach fitting, but still hope to be ready for the National... [fingers & toes crossed]

I have decided that driving down for 3 hours on Saturday morning and then hoofing around 200+ miles of Wales is not a good idea :(

Therefore, in my infinite wisdom, I will drive down on Friday afternoon, leaving between 4pm & 6pm and arriving between 7pm & 9pm (I reckon).

So my requirements for me and my mate Keith are: 1 double room with single beds (ooer missus) and food on Friday night, Saturday morning and Saturday night to chunter with the troops and relay tales of heroic driving from the day :)

I look forward to seeing people again that I know and putting faces to names I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting. See you all in two weeks :D