Summer tyre storage Skoda

I have just had 4 winter tyres (225 40 R18 Continental Winter Contact TS830 P) fitted at my local Skoda dealer which cost £585 but when I collected my car I was surprised that my summer tyres where no where to be seen and was told that they have gone to a tyre hotel.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this and do you have to pay for storage when you come to get the summer tyres put back on. They did not mention anything about price and it also did not say anything about tyre storage on my bill I am a bit worried that I will come to change my tyres back and they will say what tyres or give me a tyre storage bill when I could have just put them in my garage.

ŠKODA is running a winter tyre storage programme to allow customers to store their winter and summer tyres when they are not needed.

The programme costs customers just £120 (inc VAT) for a 12-month period, including two periods of storage and two collections. This means that customers can store their summer tyres during winter (we recommend between October and March), and their winter tyres during the warmer months (March to October). The cost is the same whether customers wish to store loose tyres or complete wheels, and includes insurance against loss.

Edited by SkodaParts.com

After getting a shock of having to pay £120 I have phoned my local Skoda branch and after much confusion about storage prices if any they have told me that the first year storage is free although they was not very convincing and I think it's more likely they messed up not asking me if I wanted them storing and they have just footed the bill or I will get an over inflated bill in the summer when they change them back.

Looks like it will just have to wait and see anyway.

• Like 1

ŠKODA is running a winter tyre storage programme to allow customers to store their winter and summer tyres when they are not needed.

When did this start and where is it advertised, please? Wanting both my cars fitted with winter tyres (on existing wheels), I asked about tyre storage at Robinsons Skoda in Norwich last Friday and was told they didn't have enough room to store customers' tyres. Also, to change the tyres back to the summer ones in the Spring would cost £90 + vat per car.

I went to my local independent tyre firm, got both cars shod with winters, free storage for all 8 summer tyres, and re-fitting in the Spring will be £50 per car (incl. new valves and balancing).

When did this start and where is it advertised, please? Wanting both my cars fitted with winter tyres (on existing wheels), I asked about tyre storage at Robinsons Skoda in Norwich last Friday and was told they didn't have enough room to store customers' tyres. Also, to change the tyres back to the summer ones in the Spring would cost £90 + vat per car.

I went to my local independent tyre firm, got both cars shod with winters, free storage for all 8 summer tyres, and re-fitting in the Spring will be £50 per car (incl. new valves and balancing).

Tyre programme is not available in Northern Ireland.

£120 to store 4 tyres. You're havin' a giraffe!

That is for the whole year, though. KwikFit charges £60 per season (six months). It doesn't seem as much when you cut it in half...until you double it for the annual charge!

Tyre programme is not available in Northern Ireland.

Norwich is in England.

• Like 1

The programme costs customers just £120 (inc VAT) for a 12-month period, including two periods of storage and two collections. This means that customers can store their summer tyres during winter (we recommend between October and March), and their winter tyres during the warmer months (March to October). The cost is the same whether customers wish to store loose tyres or complete wheels, and includes insurance against loss.

The scheme was introduced at the end of Oct. Theres been no advertising as far as I know, your dealer should give you the option when you order winter tyres off them. They tyres aren't stored at your local dealer, they go to Volkswagen UK for storage.

Obviously the word hasn't reached Norfolk yet! I asked Robinsons' Service Reception for a quote on 8 winter tyres, got that, then was told they wouldn't be able to store the summer tyres for me. Just as well, at that price!

After getting a shock of having to pay £120 I have phoned my local Skoda branch and after much confusion about storage prices if any they have told me that the first year storage is free although they was not very convincing and I think it's more likely they messed up not asking me if I wanted them storing and they have just footed the bill or I will get an over inflated bill in the summer when they change them back.

Looks like it will just have to wait and see anyway.

I wouldn't wait and see - get them to confirm in writing now! If not demand them back and stick them in your or even better your parents garage for free!

Stick them in my garage, I only charge £100, that's 20 quid saved!

You can store them in my garage for £100 :-)

£100 me too!

And they will be stored like this.

How can anyone refuse!

960BDDE5-7A6D-4ED0-B13D-AD9C95628705-202

We need to start a Briskoda Tyre Storage group!

With enough volunteers across the country - we can franchise the idea internationally later :-)))))

I'm sure Aldi and Lidl sell those tyre trees every so often.

But then is there anything aldi and lidl don't sell every so often.