Enabling cornering fogs with VCDS - updated for vRS

Google will translate the page for you.

http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/seat-leon-5f/abbiegelicht-ueber-nebelscheinwerfer.php

The vRS has 2 bulbs per side, so needs some additional adaptation. The full sequence for a vRS is (tried and tested)

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

Change the 4 channels listed below - scroll to just over halfway down the long list of adaptation channels to find them. Do them one after the other, and do not come out of the adaptations until you have finished. If you do, you will have to close the controller and go back in and enter the security access code again.

post-61868-0-60251500-1388249285_thumb.png

post-61868-0-98908900-1388249286_thumb.png

post-61868-0-01279900-1388249288_thumb.png

post-61868-0-12050800-1388249289_thumb.png

For a non-vRS, only the first two need doing as you only have one bulb each side

• Like 3

Guest Cossiecol

It would be good to know if anyone has done this on the Vrs.

Also would Skoda take a dim view of adjusting things like this if it was in the garage and noticed?

Anyone with a vRS wants to pop round I'll see if it works. Can't see why it wouldn't.

The worst Skoda would do is put it back to how it left the factory.

Sound Actuator volume can be adjusted as well for those that don't like it.

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

Please excuse the dumb question but can I do this through the infotainment device? Thanks.

Don't know as I don't have a vRS, but I dont recall the option to turn them on and off in the Infotainment on my Elegance.

I thought the cornering fogs were standard isn't it apart of the cornering lights?

As far as I was aware UK spec vRS does not have cornering fogs, it was a misprint in the brochure. They do have the AFS Xenon headlights though. The difference is that cornering fogs operate at a lower speed before AFS takes over.

As far as I was aware UK spec vRS does not have cornering fogs, it was a misprint in the brochure. They do have the AFS Xenon headlights though. The difference is that cornering fogs operate at a lower speed before AFS takes over.

Oh I see !

Thanks I didn't realise! Will have to check this out.

Anyone with a vRS wants to pop round I'll see if it works. Can't see why it wouldn't.

The worst Skoda would do is put it back to how it left the factory.

Sound Actuator volume can be adjusted as well for those that don't like it.

Expecting my vRS very soon will have to book it in with you to make the adjustments, at your convenience     :love:

Daft question time but does this VCDS enabling activate the full corner fog function as per the factory set-up; turn steering wheel or indicate and the fog comes on on that side (up to a certain speed) or both fogs come on when you select reverse :wonder:

TP

I'd quite like the corner fogs on mine, and also 'last drops' wipe for the front and rear wipers and the passenger mirror dipping when in reverse.... Anything else useful that can be done? :)

Daft question time but does this VCDS enabling activate the full corner fog function as per the factory set-up; turn steering wheel or indicate and the fog comes on on that side (up to a certain speed) or both fogs come on when you select reverse :wonder:

TP

Dont know TBH. The adaptations are a bit of a mystery at the moment, only one way to find out!

• Like 1

On my car(not vRS) I can activated cornering fogs, mention that my car not have activated cornering from factory(for this I had to pay 100euro). After coding, the cornering can be enabled/disabled from bolero.

• Like 1

On my car(not vRS) I can activated cornering fogs, mention that my car not have activated cornering from factory(for this I had to pay 100euro). After coding, the cornering can be enabled/disabled from bolero.

Hi, where did you activate the cornering option - some service ? (seems the private message - has an issue currently) 

I'm interested because i'm also from GL.

Thank you,

Edited by xoft2003

Do both come on when you enable reverse? I still need to try this on a vRS.

I'm game, aslong as you promise not to blow my car up. Is there a thing else you can do at the same time aswell?

A few things, maybe. Not sure what is already enabled on the vRS at the mo. Got a 'test subject' lined up for the cornering fogs - whereabouts are you Neily03?

I'm in Frodsham, Cheshire but don't mind traveling up to you.

Not a million miles away then. Sometime just before the New Year?

Sure, I'm free during the day Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.