Spring Action Day @ Castle Combe 26th April 2014 - CLUBSTAND ONLY

devonutopia

I might be able to help convoy the interior to Reading and come home via the A33 if it helps, Richard unless Chris or Charlie et al have room :)

I've asked Jason not to bring it because it's going to be a PITA and I probably will leave the Yeti until Monday.

By the time I get assistance and recovery approved I'll be home late and I'd rather see the kids before they go to bed.

• Like 1

Had to disappear to check on my dad. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello to too many of you but I had a great time and the lad loved it.

When's the next one?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sorry that I had to dash off to, it was nice to meet some of you and put faces to names, it always helps to meet a few of the forum users, we had by far the biggest stand :)

What a thoroughly enjoyable wet and windy day that was :)

Thanks again Jason for a couple of laps round in The Mongrel, second lap definitely felt quicker, what a buzz :D

Great to put a few more faces to names and meet some new folks.

Looking forward to Summer Action day already :)

Yeah, it was great fun today! Didn't get a chance to say hello to everyone unfortunately, but for those who I did speak to it was great to meet you all again.  :hi:

Just got back myself I think it's dinner time. The v6 is filthy again :( 

Yeah, it was great fun today! Didn't get a chance to say hello to everyone unfortunately, but for those who I did speak to it was great to meet you all again. :hi:

Hey Leon, I got to my dad's bday meal at the restaurant and the min I sat down they put my prawn cocktail starter in front of me then a t-bone steak! Result!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hey Leon, I got to my dad's bday meal at the restaurant and the min I sat down they put my prawn cocktail starter in front of me then a t-bone steak! Result!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Check you out! Glad you got back in time though buddy... don't expect a prawn cocktail, nor a t-bone steak when you and Claire come next thursday!!! 

I'm sure we will be at another meet in the near future if work let me have the time off! 

Yeah, it was great fun today! Didn't get a chance to say hello to everyone unfortunately, but for those who I did speak to it was great to meet you all again.  :hi:

Mine stayed pretty clean on the way home :)

Firstly, thanks to Jason for all his efforts. Paid full, I guess, with the biggest stand by far :)

Good to put faces to names etc.

Special thanks go to the Boy Scout and his string :thumbup:

Could have been worse!

Yeah. I heard of your woes on the way down :( hope you get it sorted quickly.

Had to disappear to check on my dad. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello to too many of you but I had a great time and the lad loved it.

When's the next one?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Shame you had to leave early. You missed a bloody good soaking :) I hope your dad is OK though.

Shame you had to leave early. You missed a bloody good soaking :) I hope your dad is OK though.

I had two or three bloody good soakings, I think that was enough. I did enjoy the amusing Briskoda Rain-thru gazebo

Dad managed to get some sleep yesterday afternoon so was in much better shape than I'd expected when I got back to him and was almost human when I got back to him in the evening.

Despite only living 30 miles or so from CC, I covered about 250 miles yesterday

I am not sure that gazebo is meant to repel all rainwater, but if it is....  It's frankly rubbish! :D

To be honest a lot of that rain came in sideways.... so we had to hold the brollies over the cake... most important.

I think a lot of people went home a lot heavier .... all due to cake   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 2

Well, I have managed to fix the broken pole this morning, so at least the gazebo frame lives on! :D  I will need to look into some form of waterproofing spray for the cover.

Nikwax clothing waterproofer. I've used it on bike clothing for years. Treated the garden brolly with it last year and it worked really well.

If you can get the large canopy in the washing machine that is?