Parrot kits

Vrs84

Any one able to give some info on these?

Are they worth it?

I cover about 25k a year and currently use a headset or earphones but find these can be a bit fiddly.

What do you guys make of the parrot kits?

Thanks in advanced

Neil

Parrot are virtually the defacto standard for hands free.

To give you an idea, Kenwood embed them in theirs and after years of Alpine developing their own hands free they gave up and now also embed Parrots too.

I've recently installed a second hand CK 3100 into mine and its worked perfectly.

I would highly recommend them

Thanks for the info so far guys. What about fitting? Is it straight forward or best to get some one to do it for me. Should have asked this earlier. Sorry

Ive got the mki9200 fitted in my Vrs,

I have to say IMO its the best £120 ive ever spent on my car,

Like Satys says its crystal clear sound,

What with SD card & flash drives what more can you ask for!

Oh ye bluetooth streeming means I can play spotify to my hearts content!

I only do 8-9k miles a year so would never have fitted one myself, but my second hand Octy came with a CK3100. Really impressed with it. Very easy to use and integrates well with the standard radio.

Thanks for the info all. Kai just to clarify, your saying that the kits can be liked up to the radio? So I can integrate it with my bolero??

Thanks again guy's and Merry Christmas

Neil

I only do 8-9k miles a year so would never have fitted one myself, but my second hand Octy came with a CK3100. Really impressed with it. Very easy to use and integrates well with the standard radio.

Dosen't really matter how many miles you do  Must be better than a Fine and points

I once bought a car with a fitted parrot it was annoying every time you start engine to drive off after about 10 secs the radio went into mute while the parrot did it's syncing with the annoying parrot bong, nothing I could do about , it was basic set up so I didn't have the ugly parrot screen sat standing proud , no matter where you fit the screen there is not one place where you could say it looks ok there and it blends in. Personally it's worth the extra and buy the proper bluetooth or put your phone in loudspeaker or use an headset,

Do you have an AUX port?, if so, then there are some cheap solutions to your problem that work very well. 

This is pretty good

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kinivo-BTC450-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-input/dp/B009NLTW60/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388002596&sr=8-1&keywords=btc+450

This is a nice Parrot solution (but double the price)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parrot-Minikit-Bluetooth-Mobile-Smartphones/dp/B008SRVHO0/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1388002626&sr=8-9&keywords=Bluetooth+Hands-Free

The only integration is that it uses the front speakers and mutes the radio (when the phone rings it switches from the radio audio to the phone audio) no other functions are available.

The cable I have two of is this one (not from this source though) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-Fabia-Octavia-Roomster-Parrot-SOT-Lead-SOT-976-/350399814964

bought a jabra cruiser 2. clips onto the sun visor lasts about 2 weeks (not used much) on a charge. can also feed out an fm signal to the radio

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=jabra+cruiser+2&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=33185003270&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4835639171002153734&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_5264bnkw5f_b

The wife has one of these (CK3100) in her 2008 Octavia Scout (iPhone & Blackberry to Stream MP3 Stereo)...

parrot-ck31001.jpg

It works better than my more expensive Nokia kit in my Superb (iPhone & Blackberry to Bolero)...

Nokia-CK-200.jpg

Edited by silver1011

You really can't go wrong with a Parrot kit, they are the default choice for many people for very good reason. However, for the sake of options, also look at iO and Bury, who both offer very good 'installed' car kits.

I was really, really impressed with the Bury C9060 that came with my VRS and I had an iO Play in a company car that was very good too.

I have the 9200. With the right cables it can be made to link directly into the bolero as aux in under the media menu. It's not perfect but it works well enough. I have hidden the screen away in the cubby in front of the gear stick so when not in use just close the lid and its gone! Hands free is perfect and voice activated to answer call, it even informs you who is calling.

I got it as I had no end of problems with the vag unit in a previous car which never quite worked right.

The unit is cheap at 120 ish and the cables cost about 40 quid off eBay. I fitted it myself and although it wasn't hard it was a bit fiddly. Well worth spending the extra and getting someone to fit it if you have the cash.

got an older version that came fitted in my vrs when i got it. far far easier that any headset earpiece etc 

get one you wont regret it

will def get one fitted when i eventually get a new motor

• Like 1