Enabling boot closing from keyfob and interior button using VCDS

Hi!

I have done the adaptions for closing the boot from key fob and interior button. It works, BUT I have to press AND hold down the button while closing, and the boot stops about 40 cm before it is closed, then I have to press and hold the button again until it is closed.

Is it supposed til be this way? For safety reasons maybe, that you have to press and hold again??

It is an original factory fitted electric boot, the car is O3 Estate 2015.

I presume you still have to hold the button down until closed?

Yes I have to hold down the button, also after it have stopped until it is completely closed. The same if I use the interior button.

Du you have to hold it down as well?

Nope, mine closes all the way in one go

Do you know if it is a question of coding? Do you have to hold the button while closing?

Thank BTW for the thread with tried and tested coding  :blush:

From the remote or the interior button a single press of about half a second opens and closes fully. There are different options for short and long press in the adaptation though, which ones did you enable? Make sure it is Tap you have enabled.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

From the remote or the interior button a single press of about half a second opens and closes fully. There are different options for short and long press in the adaptation though, which ones did you enable? Make sure it is Tap you have enabled.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much!

It was another function (something with 'activating....') I had enabled. With the 'tab-function' enabled it works perfect with just a tab, and it dosen't stop on it's way down.

Thanks andyvee!

May I ask what was wrong?

When  You activate the boot closing  there  are two choices: TAP= long press, and TOUCH=short press.

I had accidently enabeled BOTH, this gave a strange behaviour much like rola here:

I have done the adaptions for closing the boot from key fob and interior button. It works, BUT I have to press AND hold down the button while closing, and the boot stops about 40 cm before it is closed, then I have to press and hold the button again until it is closed.

If this happens, You must deactivate the TOUCH one, as andyvee explains here:

After that all will be fine.

ArvidG

• Like 1

Hello

I found this video elswhere on the forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvcZJvJ4sCU

It looks like he is locking the car AND closing the lid with ONE press on the FOB(Top lock button)!

Anyone know if this is programmable on Octy III ?

If so, is it also possible to do this with KESSY (Keyless entry) by touching the doorhandle?

ArvidG

(Maybe a job for You andyvee? :D )

Edited by ArvidG

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi folks!

I drive a 2008 VW Passat wagon. Does this mod only work for the facelifted (B7) model?

I try accessing the 6D Module with security code 12345

But I get an error code saying the code is not compatible with the module.

I REALLY want to be able to close the rear hatch using my key FOB, or even the switch located on the driver door, but it looks like this is only for the updated wagon.

Any advice?

Welcome

Hi folks!

I drive a 2008 VW Passat wagon. Does this mod only work for the facelifted (B7) model?

I try accessing the 6D Module with security code 12345

But I get an error code saying the code is not compatible with the module.

I REALLY want to be able to close the rear hatch using my key FOB, or even the switch located on the driver door, but it looks like this is only for the updated wagon.

Any advice?

Do you actually have the electric boot option? (the button in the door that ‘pops’ the boot off the catch is not the same thing) it should open the boot fully.

Anything pre 2009 is different... but that is not to say there is no way of doing it (IF you have the electric boot)

• 5 months later...

Is there anyone in Northern NSW (Australia) who has VCDS who can do this for my MK3 Octavia Scout? Closer to Armidale the better!

If not I'm down in Sydney once a month, so if anyone there can do this (happy to pay a donation) that would be awesome.

It drives my wife nuts that its not enabled by default :notme:

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I've tried to enable boot closing with key and interior button. But i cannot change the setting. I'm using an original cable with vag com pro (vag-tech). I can't figuer out what i'm doing wrong. Can someone help me with a instruction or a link to

Currently i own à Skoda octavia combi MY2016 with a electric boot.

Thankyou in advance