Enabling boot closing from keyfob and interior button using VCDS

Can the electric tailgate be programmed so that it will close with the keyfob. My electric tailgate will open with the keyfob but it will not close. My manual for the car indicates that the key fob will not close the tailgate. However, is this actually the case? Can the vehicle be programmed so a press of the keyfob will close it?

Unfortunately I had a problem with the tailgate opening while enclosed in the garage. The garage door could not be lifted over the car and jammed into the wide open tailgate which at this point was suspended high in the air. Before I realised what the problem was I have damaged the bottom of the tailgate (I was really trying to force the door open time and time again. Credit to the car how lightly I got off with this). To add further insult the only way I could enter the garage was cutting open the garage door which will now need replacing. If I could have closed the tailgate remotely with the key fob I would have largely avoided this problem.

Can the electric tailgate be programmed so that it will close with the keyfob. My electric tailgate will open with the keyfob but it will not close. My manual for the car indicates that the key fob will not close the tailgate. However, is this actually the case? Can the vehicle be programmed so a press of the keyfob will close it?

Yes, hence the title of this thread.

Yes, hence the title of this thread.

Yeah, but those screen shots at the front look like a computer screen. Does that mean I have to get it done at a service centre? I just cannot adjust a few settings on the central console like I would for light settings etc.

Yeah, but those screen shots at the front look like a computer screen. Does that mean I have to get it done at a service centre? I just cannot adjust a few settings on the central console like I would for light settings etc.

You need someone with VCDS to do it.

• Like 1

Grizz30 - Not sure how many in NZ have VCDS - might be worth looking on the Golf 7 forums to see if you can find anyone??

We have a couple of members in NZ with VCDS:

RobClubley - Wellington

Simon Cobb - Fendalton

Not sure if these are local as you location is a little vague.

• Like 1

Hi, I've also got VCDS, in Tauranga , NZ

Cheers

Andrew

I guess you are in the NE of NZ then, I am in the Tron.

Not sure how this works. I would have thought my local skoda dealer/service centre would have VCDS. It seems a number of individuals are VCDS capable as well. Surely my local dealer would be the place to call first?

I guess you are in the NE of NZ then, I am in the Tron.

Not sure how this works. I would have thought my local skoda dealer/service centre would have VCDS. It seems a number of individuals are VCDS capable as well. Surely my local dealer would be the place to call first?

I'm over in Hamilton from time to time, will flick you a message next time I'm heading over.

When I picked up my car the (Tauranga) Dealer told me that it wasn't possible to do a number of things (eg closing from the keyfob and button and turning the beeping off) that I knew were possible using VCDS.

Remember dealers aren't all the fountain of knowledge that they should be - I attended the launch of the VRS in Hamilton and they had the petrol VRS labelled as a 1.8litre turbo... :dull:

• 5 months later...