How to enable Traffic Sign recognition

Yes it is a Pro discover. 

Not yet found a solution for the errors ..

Browsing the site of VAG CAN PRO, I found that it could be something with Lane assist, Heater and PDC, but all these systems are working perfectly. 

I'm from Brazil and I saw that on the map to South America we have no indication of speed, but already managed to make it work reading cards however the map was not enabled. 

Believe it should be something that can be ignored for not reading the map information.

You need VCP!

I strongly suspect that there isn't any speed sign data that covers Brazil loaded to the camera. I don't know if it is included with the RoW data or not.

Is the Golf 7 available with traffic sign recognition in your region? If it isn't, I doubt that it is available as a feature for your region.

Is Byte 24 Bit 6 enabled on your 5F Infotainment and do you get speed limits displayed on the Columbus from the map data?

If you have VCP then you don't need a label file for 5F as it is documented in the text coding. You need to make sure the Byte 24 VZE is enabled.

The ZDC file is downloadable through the Actywator file management. There are 3 or 4 there for different revisions of the camera. I haven't had to use them, so can't advise on the how. You may be best asking on the VCP forum, you don't want to have to have the camera calibrated again so be careful with the ZDC upload.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I checked the byte 24, bit 6 and I saw that it is active. 

Is there some other bit that ignore the map region for the recognition of traffic signs are displayed?

I ask this because I do not know how I did on one occasion off the map and traffic signs have been recognized.

There must be some regional block that can be ignored.

The camera definitely has a region setting, but this should be correct from the factory. The sat nav detects region as it knows where it is :) as far as I know.

If you reverse all of the changes you made for the VZE (Traffic Sign Recognition) does your Nav Pro display the embedded speed signs from the map data on the Nav Pro screen?

In my map the Discover Pro, never showed any sign signaling speed or any other .. 

As I said in an experiment I did, I took the coding of a Discover Pro European and applied in my ..
The map is not loaded, but the signal recognition worked perfectly. 
So I think it should have a regional block. 
The question is how to ignore the region for the recognition function.

I´m providing the list of adaptations of modules and A5 5F. 

If someone can help me enable the recognition of traffic ignoring the code of the country or region.

Enabled all of this on a mk7 Golf (brand new) this evening.  Worked very well indeed!   :thumbup:

Was that with a Discover Pro?

Did you get any error messages about restricted functionality on the MFD?

I don't suppose you know what revision the A5 camera was do you? - it appears to work fine with the F revision

Was that with a Discover Pro?

Did you get any error messages about restricted functionality on the MFD?

I don't suppose you know what revision the A5 camera was do you? - it appears to work fine with the F revision

As car was a 64 plate I suspect it did have the latest stuff.  I remember the infotainment module was "5F" so assume this was the case.

All Infotainments are 5F :)

I don't suppose you got an autoscan did you?

Or have a look at your c:\Ross-Tech\VCDS-Beta\Debug\CodingLog.txt file and have a look at the part number next to any entries next to module A5

Sorry, whilst I did an autoscan prior to doing anything (matter of course) I didn't save it as didn't think it would be relevant.

Check that file and part number was 5G0 035 020 D (5F)

and A5 was 5Q0 980 653 F

• 2 weeks later...

I did the activation of the Road sign recognition, but does not appear any sign ... 

The MFD always displays this message.
Anyone have any tips ??
I have Lane Assist function normally. 

My car is a GTI with DLA + ACC + Discover Navigation Pro

1kjIrm.jpg

See my reply to your other post. As a high proportion of us are in the UK it is difficult for us to advise on vehicles built for non-EU markets. Can you order traffic sign recognition from the factory in your region? There may well be a reason if you can't.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

So will this work with the standard VRS radio if I got Lane/High beam assist and colour maxidot?

Or do I need the Amundsen sat nav with SD card containing European maps or is it Columbus sat nav with European maps and colour Maxi DOT computer

Edited by aldouk

Thanks, it shoots the monthly lease price up £70 odd a month so I think I'll go without :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk the free non retired version!

I was born with a traffic sign recognition system so not sure I would be bothered about not having it in my car as well. :D

To anyone still trying to enable this - take a look at the coding of the A5 camera with VCDS 14.10

There is a coding for the type of Navigation unit you have, MMI 3G, MIB HIGH etc. You can also select None (hint hint)

This might be the answer to the restricted functionality messages :)

Of course, having a MIB HIGH (Columbus) mine works perfectly :)

• Like 2