fabia vrs MPG ?

shakVRS

Hello there I own a 04 fabia vrs. I was abit wiery about the mpg . From empty tank I put 20qwid in and it took it to around half a tank.. I drive it economically when I say that I mean 1st gear to set off slowly and change around 10mph then 2nd up intil 25mph . I stay in 3rd gear up until around 30-35mph.. and so on.. and I cheked the digital reading and says im doing 36mpg and cant seem to get it any better .. whereas I seen ppl say they get 40+ anyy thing on this guys ????

Hello there I own a 04 fabia vrs. I was abit wiery about the mpg . From empty tank I put 20qwid in and it took it to around half a tank.. I drive it economically when I say that I mean 1st gear to set off slowly and change around 10mph then 2nd up intil 25mph . I stay in 3rd gear up until around 30-35mph.. and so on.. and I cheked the digital reading and says im doing 36mpg and cant seem to get it any better .. whereas I seen ppl say they get 40+ anyy thing on this guys ????

MPG has alot of things that will effect it.

Your driving style

Engine health / service intervals, tyre pressures and weight in the car.

Urban driving / motorway driving ect.

I get great mpg from my Mk1 Fabia vRS. Obviously always better on a motorway run.

How true the readings are im not sure. I have one section that goes massive up and down and the other reader gives a stable reading.

Last reading i had was a slow increase up to 69mpg on my way up to Meadowhall / Sheffield, 6th gear 60mph.

Just worth checking the car over, when it was last services, tyre pressures ect. You will also get less MPG this time of year due to additives in the diesel.

• Like 2

Iv recently start driving all economically. But with the vrs u get that urge and u wanna feel the torque put u bak in to your seat.. and yeah I think car is due for a service thats probably it. Ive got the parts for service from bullseye cost me 45 qwid. Going for a service tomorrow at hillcliffe motors in sheffield.

Thanks for the help and ideas tho mate :D

If it was empty, then £20 is around only 3 and a bit gallons, so not a half tank.

(no idea how much your diesel costs a litre, but you probably bought 15-16 litres just)

So maybe 1/2 a tank indicated on the gauge. Not likely to be a tank half full though.

Maybe just try and find out what you get out of a tank full, and over a period of days, or weeks.

Did you go 125 miles or more for your £20, before needing more fuel?

do you fill with the posh stuff and fill the expansion tank?

No posh stuff! I once put 51.23 L of fuel in the car which cost me £71.16 at a cost of £1.389 a litre.

Expansion tank gets filled though :)

• Like 1

My Fabia takes best part of £70 to fill!

Mine takes around £50-55 I use standard Sainsbury's diesel. I always put a full tank in usually until the nozzle clicks, and I never run it to til it's empty, normally til the light comes on.

What do you mean by fill the expansion tank? Sorry to sound dumb but that's the first time i've heard that.

Mine takes around £50-55 I use standard Sainsbury's diesel. I always put a full tank in usually until the nozzle clicks, and I never run it to til it's empty, normally til the light comes on.

What do you mean by fill the expansion tank? Sorry to sound dumb but that's the first time i've heard that.

Have a search mate, you'll get more fuel in the tank by filling the expansion bit

ive driven up to lakes from bolton and averaged about 55mpg thats diving with a passanger but loads of presents and clothes in the boot and back seat with avereage speen 60-70mph, need to search for this expansion tank though now

I am averaging about 43 mpg and that's including doing deliveries for a local Indian take away. Generally my driving us eco but I do like a bit of fun every now and again.

On a 190 mile motorway trip though I got an average of 63 mpg and that was sitting just below 70mph for just about all of it.

I'm happy with that :-)

• 2 weeks later...

When i bought my fabia the lady that had owned it said she had just used it for driving about 18miles each way to her mums down A roads, she had a trip of 4600 miles and had done 44.9mpg. 

In my ownership it has averaged 49mpg, but can get 55 on a drive usually, just occasional overtake and 95mph bits etc that drag it down.