Get your beads out

Sparkly

There are some oils in polish, so it will bead for a while

However...inspect it with a stong light.....

My B in Law had a Bodyshop machine polish his car...I couldnt believe the amount of scratches and swirls that were still there afterwards

I spent a day on it and finished it properly...then applied some proper protection

• Like 1

My B in Law had a Bodyshop machine polish his car...I couldnt believe the amount of scratches and swirls that were still there afterwards

I spent a day on it and finished it properly...then applied some proper protection

Thanks Chris.

I intended on detailing it anyway so i figured if they had a crack at it before me it might save some time. I was fortunate to see the car the day after they garage got it, so it was un-prepared and the bodywork was in very good condition anyway. The usual carwash swirls and a couple of blemishes on the bumper were the only “defects” really. The bumper was going to be repaired by them regardless so I blagged the full car polish as a sweetener if you like.

They tackled the swirls quite well, they say they spent 2 hours on the machining so my expectations were relatively low anyway. It isn’t perfect do I will have a crack at it when I get time off work. On the subject of decent protection I need to get something in replace of the Dodo Juice SN.

I’ll put some pictures up once I’ve spent some time on it.

• Like 1

Can't believe your brother in law got the body shop to machine his car rather than hand it over to a super duper expert like yourself...odd. Just wondering were you an english teacher before you retired.?

• Like 1

Can't believe your brother in law got the body shop to machine his car rather than hand it over to a super duper expert like yourself...odd. Just wondering were you an english teacher before you retired.?

Why would he change his nationality after retiring? :nerd:

• Like 1

OCD..Im not a super duper expert, just an enthusiast offering a service

He was having some bodywork doing on the car..he was duped by them into polishing it for him

I showed him the swirls after expressing my surprise that he had this done...he was annoyed to say the least

I polished it up over two days for him during the Summer Hols

20130505_151517_zps19cca2dc.jpg

It did bead well ....apparantly!!

BTW...I was a PE teacher

OCD..Im not a super duper expert, just an enthusiast offering a service

He was having some bodywork doing on the car..he was duped by them into polishing it for him

I showed him the swirls after expressing my surprise that he had this done...he was annoyed to say the least

I polished it up over two days for him during the Summer Hols

20130505_151517_zps19cca2dc.jpg

It did bead well ....apparantly!!

BTW...I was a PE teacher

Oh ....fair nuff. Did he own a bmw before?

I washed the Octy Sunday afternoon and found that I had enough time to give it a once over with a coat of Megs Ultimate Quik wax.  It looked great on the drive on Sunday evening, when I had finished, but it rained plenty on Monday morning, so I nipped out to get a quick shot of the resulting beading.

P1030932_zps8777ef52.jpg

Its a product that I like very much.  Easy to apply and wipe off, can be used in full sun (we should be so lucky) and no white marks on the trim!!

• Like 2