Will I Have Front Assist?

As I am getting a company car, I've had no dealings with the dealer, only an approx delivery date from the lease company (Feb), the only way I know of the issues with Front Assist etc are though this Forum.

When the Front Assist issue first came up, there was some speculation that cars ordered before it was removed from the Elegance Spec, would still be delievered with F.A. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

The car was ordered on 5th September, has anyone else had a car ordered from around that period, and recently had their car delivered with Front Assist, or is it a complete no no now?

I believe there is a small square radar fitted in the middle of the bottom grill

True, the radar, although small, is quite easily detected in the bottom grill. That's necessary since you'll also have to clean it when it stops working due to mud and bugs. :)

You'll also have FA-related settings in the infotainment system under car settings.

Mine was delivered in early Oct with it. It's a dangerous piece of junk. I hope yours doesn't and you will get a better car. Mine did an emergency brake when nothing was in front of me.  I'm trying to get it deactivated by the dealer (as it switches back on every engine start if switched off in the menu).

Ive never had mine do an emergency brake for no reason. Up until a couple of days ago all it did was warn me if it thought i was too close to the vehicle in front. Then the other day it really did kick in. It wasnt necessary, but i can see why it did. Car in front of me was slowly turning off to the left, so i let myself get a bit closer than normal. He then slowed down more than expected as he did turn off, and although still not a problem (still enough distance), i slowly moved my foot over to the brake so as to leave a bit more of a gap again. But before i could get my foot on the brake the front assist kicked in! So although not totally necessary, at least its there just in case.

The car was ordered on 5th September, has anyone else had a car ordered from around that period, and recently had their car delivered with Front Assist, or is it a complete no no now?

It was removed from standard spec in the October brochure so you should get it.

Ordered mine in July and it was delivered Sep with it fitted. If it was taken out in Oct brochure it might be touch and go. I thought it was removed from cars before oct though??

Got to say I've never had a problem. Triggered it a few times, one where someone suddenly pulled out in front of me on a motorway and a couple when people turning off in front of me. Brakes never applied though, just a stage 2 warning (beep and red warning on the maxi dot).

Personally I'm glad it's there and wouldn't turn it off.

• Like 1

Ordered my elegance on last weekend of september so order was not prosessed until monday 30th september my dealer contacted a week latter saying that both Front Assist and ACC had been discontinued.

A week or 2 latter I was told that Front Assist will be on my car but not ACC.

Car is now with dealer being PDI'ed for me to collect this weekend, only 15 week wait, and Front Assist is their.

Colin.

• Like 1

To not have it I would suggest is no great loss, particularly if it is a company motor.

Personally I dont much like the idea of false alarms or computer judged control that takes absolutely no account of what else is going on around you (particularly for those travelling behind). Other than the fact I feel a little short changed in that Skoda havent reduced the list price od the vehicle to account for the spec reduction or put some other bits and bobs on in its place Im half glad mine wont have it.

• 1 month later...

Got my car today and it DOES have Front Assist. Just for anyone else wondering if theirs will. Ordered 5th September, build week unknown, delivered 3rd March

Photos now added to the other topic (pictures of your octavia 3, or something) :D

£800 compensation isnt bad, given that there probably isnt many Oct. 3's with it

No FA on my October order, but I did get an extra £800 discount as compensation so I'm happy until I drive into the back of someone.

Did you see Clarkson on Top Gear last night? Said the Golf GTi had dropped three insurance groups due to front assist being fitted. You might want to reassess that compensation figure.

Did you see Clarkson on Top Gear last night? Said the Golf GTi had dropped three insurance groups due to front assist being fitted. You might want to reassess that compensation figure.

If the owners don't know if we will have FA, there's no way insurers will have a clue. The octy seems to be only £30 more to insure than my bravo.

How come they dropped the front assist / adaptive cruise control anyway? Too costly to fit or something? Surprising that its not at least an option.

It was being blamed for long waiting times. Odd how they are no shorter after it went.

• Like 1