Reliability/build quality issues?

Are you saying that Skoda have refused to give you the DISS report or is it that the Ombudsman has asked for the report and they have refused. If the latter I'm very surprised that any Ombudsman would have stood for it.

Which particular Ombudsman body are you dealing with?

Is the vehicle being bought under a finance agreement and how old is the vehicle?

The car is on finance, 15-16months old now, but the fault was reported a few days after delivery.

Skoda UK refused to give the information to myself, or to provide it directly to the ombudsman.

It's the financial ombudsman and they've requested the information from the finance company but have been told that they might not be able to get it. As its a different company, etc.

if they don't provide it, the ombudsman goes with their original decision to side with VWFS and not me.

Edited by iDENTITi

What does this say about skoda and VAG? They don't care about losing smalltime sales, I'm sure just as with (arguably the dullest brand on earth) Audi and also VW the corporate beancounters are more concerned with fleet sales or whatever they are called these days.

I'm quickly running through the entire skoda car range in courtesy cars as my car prefers to be at the dealer more than in my possession. What i will say about SUK is that it's tough to get the correct resolution when what you purchase is clearly substandard but when you persist enough financially it can be solved. I received £1500 cash (not brand credit) back. It wasn't so much of an apology but a very clear admission by the brand of a monumental error.

Having read all 10 pages (i am off today !), it does fill me a little bit of worry about buying a new VRS Octy DSG.... Not for the car being faulty but for the way in which SUK and a lot of dealers either appear to have zero clue about the problems with these more complex cars or as said before, they just don't care enough to deal with the problems and keep a customer happy, either way its a bit of a lottery when buying a car it seems.

What does this say about skoda and VAG? They don't care about losing smalltime sales, I'm sure just as with (arguably the dullest brand on earth) Audi and also VW the corporate beancounters are more concerned with fleet sales or whatever they are called these days.

I'm quickly running through the entire skoda car range in courtesy cars as my car prefers to be at the dealer more than in my possession. What i will say about SUK is that it's tough to get the correct resolution when what you purchase is clearly substandard but when you persist enough financially it can be solved. I received £1500 cash (not brand credit) back. It wasn't so much of an apology but a very clear admission by the brand of a monumental error.

I got told impolitely told to go away. No compensation, nothing. I've been basically called a liar on more than one occasion too.

All car manufacturers have lemon cars, hardly surprising with the amount of individual parts used to produce them.

The difference is in how the they handle those problematic cars. Skoda appear to be gaining a bad reputation in this respect.

• Like 1

The difference is in how the they handle those problematic cars. Skoda appear to be gaining a bad reputation in this respect.

I don't think they are in comparison with all manufacturers. The volume of complaints, even in forums such as these where people are more inclined to post problems, are very small in comparison of the volume of cars sold.

This is the same with any forum for any manufacturer

So, deadline for vwfs to provide the information was yesterday, and shockingly they haven't yet.

So the ombudsman had sided with them, and I lose.

Tell me again how them failing to provide all the information results in me losing my case?

• 3 weeks later...

So sorry to hear of your dilemma, ruins everything when you get arsehole dealers, I hope you get luck with what you are doing today.

Another thing you could do is make up a huge sign stating your problems and put it on your car somewhere and park it right in front of the dealerships main doors, also call the local paper and see if they are interested in covering your story.....they really don't like bad publicity!

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd update this.

Ombudsman ignored all evidence I gave them, and ruled in VWFS favour.

Cars still broken, vindis had it for nearly two weeks ending last week. Replaced the head unit, touch screen is now broken.

Power drain is still there, and they said if it comes back they'll replace the battery and charge me for it (£200+vat!)

Still blaming the camera system, even though it's removed... And SUK have told me I can't hard wire it, but I can hard wire a tracker if I like... Logic. There's none. Also if I attempt to do so it'll void the warranty for the electrical system. But I'm free to do so as its my car, apparently.

Also DPF was investigated as it regens every 150miles and has soot in the tail pipes. Normal too apparently. I was told it's even normal if it constantly regenerates as its down to "driving style".

Best bit? Someone opened one of my doors wearing a diamond ring while it was with them, you can imagine the carnage.

I'd be better off banging my head against a wall.

I haven't read every single post in this thread but it sounds like a total nightmare. Having had 7 months of hassle with an Octavia i took delivery of in march and finally getting a replacement vehicle a month ago (following an email to Skoda UK's MD) i can understand a little of what you are going through. But yours sounds even worse than the hassle i had. I am still not completely happy with my replacement as to me it sounds as though the exhaust is blowing. Having owned Skodas for many years it is truly disgusting to see how owners are now being treated. I find myself wishing i had simply kept my Mk2, but i could have nice shiny mk3 for the same price per month so why not. lol. 

I think this will probably be the last Octavia i have and may even be the last Skoda, although the wifes citigo seems like a cracking car...................so far. 

Hope you get your issues sorted. 

• 1 year later...

I haven't read every single post in this thread but it sounds like a total nightmare. Having had 7 months of hassle with an Octavia i took delivery of in march and finally getting a replacement vehicle a month ago (following an email to Skoda UK's MD) i can understand a little of what you are going through. But yours sounds even worse than the hassle i had. I am still not completely happy with my replacement as to me it sounds as though the exhaust is blowing. Having owned Skodas for many years it is truly disgusting to see how owners are now being treated. I find myself wishing i had simply kept my Mk2, but i could have nice shiny mk3 for the same price per month so why not. lol. 

I think this will probably be the last Octavia i have and may even be the last Skoda, although the wifes citigo seems like a cracking car...................so far. 

Hope you get your issues sorted. 

I am in the same boat, loads of issues since I purchased my car in December and almost a year later not all are fixed. I to wish I'd kept my Mk2 and saved my money :(

Can you PM me the address of the MD at Skoda please roblatus? I'll be typing something up to send across.

Cheers

Sorry to be a party pooper!

I have an Octavia estate, 1.4 tsi purchased new Jan 2015 now with 44000 kms. Have to report it is as perfect as any car can be. No faults, no rattles or squeaks, pleasure to drive (I have the manual) and extremely economical between 4.4 and 4.7 litres/100 kms. Seems very well built and I hope to keep it 10 years. Not worried about resale value, I keep my cars until they wear out.

Only problem is dealer servicing, very poor and incompetent. As soon as warranty is up I will do my own maintenance as I always have but I will service every 8000 kms.

Regards

Roger

Sorry to be a party pooper!

I have an Octavia estate, 1.4 tsi purchased new Jan 2015 now with 44000 kms. Have to report it is as perfect as any car can be. No faults, no rattles or squeaks, pleasure to drive (I have the manual) and extremely economical between 4.4 and 4.7 litres/100 kms. Seems very well built and I hope to keep it 10 years. Not worried about resale value, I keep my cars until they wear out.

Only problem is dealer servicing, very poor and incompetent. As soon as warranty is up I will do my own maintenance as I always have but I will service every 8000 kms.

Regards

Roger

To date (30 months, 30k km) I share your good experiences but incidents like those reported here do occur and with all brands, Although Rolls Royce might disagree:)

The issue I am almost expecting with our vehicles is the dreaded water pump failure. Pretty much all VAG vehicles seem to suffer from it at some point.