Reliability/build quality issues?

I don't think they're bad cars, there really is just some lemons.

I seem to have gotten two however.

Back on topic.. Message now displayed more and more, still logging same fault code, and no reply from the dealer.

I've also developed a knock from the front suspension over speed bumps.

Also came out to it unlocked the other morning, which was odd.

Locked it when I got my little boy out (I remember because he was asleep and it was rather difficult to get my keys) went out the next morning and it was unlocked. Which if the key had unlocked it by accident, it locks if a door isn't opened.

I think I have it...haha

No you don't but I do have it's MY13 (pre mid-Jun 13 build) sibling! All good for me except ride quality and ongoing case with SUK and dealer to rectify what in my opinion are shock absorbers that whilst not technically faulty, are IMO not fit for purpose!

• Like 1

No you don't but I do have it's MY13 (pre mid-Jun 13 build) sibling! All good for me except ride quality and ongoing case with SUK and dealer to rectify what in my opinion are shock absorbers that whilst not technically faulty, are IMO not fit for purpose!

Nope - vRS's were not available when my old car and Matt's were built - my 1st one was a ex dealer demo for the UK launch weekend, so was registered early April 2013.

...and mine was ordered launch weekend, built late April, registered 1st June. I'll post more about the shocks once resolved but waiting for second opinion from dealer principal next week as SUK currently not offering any good will.

I was offered £400 goodwill to spend within the skoda network for my problems. I swiftly told them to reconsider as that was an insult.

You're very lucky. I think I was offered £80-150 (I'd have to check the paperwork) good will, after a rather large fight for that!

My entire car failed last time, can gateway had a fault, and the abs controller had a fatal fault and needed replacing (resulting in having spongier brakes than my 13year old golf)

As another note... My TPMS doesn't work. At all.

Has the car been fixed for you yet?

£400 to spend within the Skoda network? What the hell are people meant to spend £400 on? They offer that because they know hardly anybody will use it I expect.

No it is due to be pulled apart and resprayed this month (i notified them of the problems September 2014), since I have found more problems hence I was pushing for replacement vehicle. True about spending the credit within skoda. I did ask for real world compensation i.E., car price discounted as this would be a more suitable gesture.

I was more along the lines of you wouldn't have much change ......

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Oh right, I get you. No you wouldn't.

The only thing I can see it being useful for, is if you decided to get another Skoda in 3yrs time or whatever, and could use it against that.

Really though, should be a reduction against the current car.

Exactly thats why I expressed a goodwill wish for discounted car price, monthly skoda valet to keep it in excellent condition and also most of the items from the accessories catalogue as there is nothing else of value skoda offer.

Exactly thats why I expressed a goodwill wish for discounted car price, monthly skoda valet to keep it in excellent condition and also most of the items from the accessories catalogue as there is nothing else of value skoda offer.

You do realise that by mentioning a Skoda valet, some forum users have just had palpitations and need a lie down in a darkened room?

It's widely believed that Skoda valeters are the offspring of Satan who wash your car with a brillo pad and use an old toilet brush drenched in domestos on your upholstery which renders your car completely worthless after a single valet.   For some, a car wash takes a day and needs a direct debit to gtechniq or it's just not worth doing.

Your offer seems pretty mean, I'm sure there's room for movement and I'd love a monthly valet... great idea.

• Like 2