Bluetooth drop out

The built in mobile phone Bluetooth link on my 2013 Octavia works perfectly with my Samsung Galaxy phone. However, when driving through some parts of the country the link fails. The only way of restoring it is to stop the car, switch off engine, remove key and then re-insert key and restart. Is this a common problem? Any solutions?

If I have 2 phones in my car both using Bluetooth (1 on a call through the car and the other streaming music through the car), the quality of the music goes to pot for the duration of the call.

It depends on the Android version, seems android 4 has a lot of Bluetooth problems...

It does, my HTC ONE X has awful call quality, it was fine with my previous Octavia. And HTC have dropped support for it so no more updates, stuck at 4.2.2

If only they would release 4.3 or even KitKat for it as the Bluetooth stack was standardised from 4.3 from what I can find out.

Samsung have a lot better Bluetooth implementation, it even supports rSAP.

Thank you for the comments - I will try the suggested app. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy SIII and is the only one in the car. The same phone in my wife's Fabia using an added Parrot Blue Tooth system does not have the same problem when driven through the same areas where my Octavia Blue Tooth fails. 

I have also had problems with Bluetooth since my phone Google Nexus 4 got updated to KitKat 4.4.

Bluetooth keeps turning itself off, only way to turn on again is power phone off then reboot. 

Thinking of going back to previous Jelly Bean 4.3 Never had a problem with that.

Alan

I have been using it for a week now and have nothing wrong to report. My mobile is Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android version 4.3, the bluetooth in the car works like a dream so far.

The first time I paired my mobile with the car, after I parked and stopped the engine, the Bolero asked me whether to remember the device and I clicked Yes. This should be standard I think.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've just taken delivery of my new car and I'm unable to connect my S4 with the vRS (Bolero). Any tips?

I make my phone visible then scan for devices on the Bolero unit. I haven't had any problems with it on my previous car (a 2011 BMW 320D).

Thanks in advance :-)