Dog guard and boot liners. Again!

Ok, with my car being hopefully being built next week I really need to get a dog guard and liner sorted.

I'm a fan of Hatchbag liners having had 5 previously (and I've not keen on the fabric type ones as the hair sticks - hatchbags wipe clean!) and thankfully they are due to start production of the standard floor version this week but we're currently trying to work out if Canton (and the extra right hand side cubby) will be an issue as I can't see them making a different one just to cater for that option.

As for the dog guards, I've yet to find a decent picture of the Skoda one fitted (in particular the roof lining figments that require drilling) and the after market ones that are vehicle specific are few and far between. Travall are STILL 3 to 5 months away from producing one (along with the divider) according to the email I received from them today.

Has anyone had dealings with guardsman dog guards? They list one and a divider too but no picture yet.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Oh and I realise these items are not OEM approved and will no doubt invalidate my warranty but that's a risk I'm willing to take ;)

And yes, I'm being cheeky! B)

• Like 1

Thank you for posting those pics timecroot. Please dont take offence to what I am about to say but this is the first time Ive actually seen the dog guard installed and I can honestly say I am so glad to have waited and not gone ahead with getting an OEM one fitted. Compared to my old 03 plate estate and dog guard, this (imo only!) really devalues the inside look of the car.

I dont care how long it takes, im waiting for travall or someone else to produce one that simply fits in like my old one did. No drilling! (but im happy to drill for mud flaps lol)

• Like 2

Cheers for the pictures.

Good for thought indeed. Why Skoda didn't design fitments into the mouldings in the first place I've no idea. Jag did it in the x-type and the Octy will have a few more commercial applications than the x-type. Looks like the dealer did a good job though.

I wonder if there isn't enough clearance behind the seats to clip in there since is screws into the side mouldings instead.

I'm tempted to wait for Travall too simply due to the fact they do a divider too. Great for keep dogs away from shopping or camping gear with food!

If only guardsman would get back to me!

Hi, vrs tdi estate build week 4 confirmed so expecting delivery early March. Been told that once the car's in they can order a dog guard within two days so would be interested to see what you come up with. Thanks for the pics, have asked dealer if rear seats will still fold flat-ish but, as usual, still no email reply...

Also gone for Canton and just the rubber mat so my woofer will have to share with subwoofer :giggle:

• Like 2

Yes the seats are not effected by the guard, in hindsight I could live without it!

The car was not my order and only took a day to source and secure! I personally would have added bixenon lights and MDI I am looking a sd card instead of my ipod

I do see a mesh guard in the skoda books, May be worth a look

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Travall.co.uk have a new guard at last for the vRS estate. £119.99 and you dont have to drill it in to the roof like the daft skoda one.

Thanks for that. Last I check they said it would be 3 - 5 monts away and that was only a couple of weeks ago!

Cheers! Fingers crossed the divider isn't too far behind.

When I spoke to Travall a couple of weeks ago I was told 5-6 weeks (not months) which wouldn't be too far away from (fingers crossed) my VRS arriving....would be helpful if they would give a consistent answer

No probs guys.

Just noticed it say out of stock 1-2 days delivery ...also mk7 Golf out of stock but looks like they have had both but sold out.

The pics definitely show a new Octavia mk3 estate.

Edited by mikeoz

Does anyone know exactly how the Travall dog guard fixes to the estate car?

Travall2.jpg

Travall1.jpg

Some of their photos seem to show 2 long rods reaching down the back of the rear seat, presumably fixed to one of the boot anchor points, others show no apparent fixings at all.

Each one is custom made for that model so they can differ. The pics above show what looks like a volvo suv and the bottom 1 shows the octavia estate. So they have different fitting styles.

The company is pretty helpful if you give them a ring about fitting.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I know a few people were after the Travall guards pictured above..thought you would like to know they have been in contact with me to say they are back in stock for those that are interested. ?

Thanks

Mike

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have got the Travall guard. It's very easy to install and seems robust. The guard is attached to the rear seat catch loops. The dogs haven't tested it yet but it is very similar to the one we had in our Passat which has worked fine for 3 years.

Richard

• 1 month later...

I've got a Trans K9 cage in the boot of my FL Octavia which has been tried in a demo Mk III and fitted fine the cage is made to fit in with seat contours etc they also supply bumper protectors and other items worth considering

www.transk9.com

Miz,

What's the guardsman one like? I have to say I was tempted but haven't got round to getting one yet.

I'll have to let you know, collect car this Friday, not sure when the dog guard will arrive, but as soon as I have them both I'll post pictures and review.

I also have the OEM dog guard. It is very solid, easy to remove (if needed) and allows folding of rear seats and access to the ski hatch without removal. The only time I have needed to remove it was when picking up a tumble dryer for my mother, and it took less than a minute to unscrew the fixing bolts.