Pay a little more.....get a LOT more. Change of car.

Lamboluke

Amazing isn't it. Currently pay £217.00 per month repayments for a loan on a 09 plate 1.2 corsa and £33.00 per month insurance.

As of Tuesday for an extra £100 on the car and £20 per month on insurance I'll have a brand new octavia vrs. I know times are hard in general for the country but I think this is a steal.

Free road tax for first year, only £30 after. No mot for 3 years and service is included.

Anyone else seen the light with a new car?

Edited by Lambluke

I currently pay, £153 a month, (over 3 years all together and had a £4500 deposit) for a second hand 09 VRS LE. I pay insurance yearly which is around £6-700 (22 years old 3 point mods declared) 

I would personally go for the Octy, so much better than a corsa in every way!! 

oh no, it's not the beige is it :peek:

Looks like a beige door card. Has it got the beige glove box and centre console with black dash?

No such luck unfortunately. :(

Would have been worth another £50 with the full beige!

73hs.jpg

• Like 4

Amazing isn't it. Currently pay £217.00 per month repayments for a loan on a 09 plate 1.2 corsa and £33.00 per month insurance.

As of Tuesday for an extra £100 on the car and £20 per month on insurance I'll have a brand new octavia vrs. I know times are hard in general for the country but I think this is a steal.

Free road tax for first year, only £30 after. No mot for 3 years and service is included.

Anyone else seen the light with a new car?

Is the Octy on a PCP?

If so you are paying for the depreciation rather than the whole car.

So you are better off short term, but long term have less of a deposit next time so will pay more for the same vehicle.

• Like 1

What is the balloon payment at the end of the finance deal though? That is always the killer. I miss the sort of payment plans that got with my car where you saved for a reasonable deposit, payed the repayments and then owned the car outright at the end.

Edited by Matt Bodycombe

PCP deals are very popular with car makers now and it's no great surprise.

You pay the depreciation on the car during it's heaviest period, then hand it back.

Unless you want to down trade to an older/cheaper model (which most people don't) you don't have a big deposit left in the car and don't want seriously higher payments... So you start another PCP, and another, and another etc... giving the car firms a regular supply of income while bolstering their sales figures every time your PCP is up.

• Like 1

Private sales rocketed in 2013 and now 3\4 of private sales are on finance deals compared to about half in the period before 2007.

Low finance rates and the average PPI payout of about £3,000 are cited as driving this trend. It will be interesting to see what happens when PPI compo starts to recede this year.

The most I've ever paid monthly on a car is £192 for the VRS.

I've no intention of paying more anytime soon. Next car will be sub £10k.

I don't like debt and finance and only use it when I have to so agree with you Aspman. I am not bothered about keeping up with the Jones and a depressed secondhand market means there is lots of quality stuff out there cheap. My intention is to run my Disel Fabia Vrs into the ground (only has 63k on it anyway) and get something fun as a second car seconhand of course. Once you get sucked into these plans they are very difficult to get out of. Ford is notorious for this for one.

I went with my mate Simon (Beryl's Chief Pilot here) when he went to look into buying a Roomster TSI and no matter how smooth the salesman's patter was we both agreed the finance was expensive and he would be better off buying secondhand which he did.

I bought this for £300.

Outright.  Today! :D

q1wm.jpg

Isn't this the blue the old 3 wheeled invalid carriages were?

_68436167_ac_invacar2_zps53f948a2.jpgpg

so when do we get to see the build thread?

• Like 1

The only good things about a  PCP is that you can get into a car you can't really afford

Until the time comes when you either have to pay the gfv, find loads more to put down to finance another, face bigger monthly payments, get a smaller cheaper car............ or catch the bus.