The rozzers.. what do you want to know?

Jon_woo

Have you ever tried to stop anyone by shouting "Come 'ere you slaaaaaaaaaaag"?

No but i have chased someone shouting every swear word under the sun and "YOU BETTER HOPE I DON'T CATCH YOU"

Running isn't really my strong point, im not over weight by much im just not a sprinter, i am more of a drive along side them until they run out of puff guy

• Like 4

Would you recommend the job to family members or friends?

Despite everything that goes on and the recent cuts and changes to pay and pension i would still recommend it to anyone that has always wanted to do it.

Despite the PC brigade and the health and safety office dwellers trying to take all the fun out of it, its still fun going on blue light runs and taking naughty people off the street, our playing "i fought the law and the law won" over the van loud haler  :bandit: 

And...... did you?

No but the dog man did via the dog :rock:

Don't be daft , he would have dropped his doughnuts :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

How rude, i will have you know we do a week long course in hooking doughnuts on the aerial of our radio, one day training and four health and safety/diversity around the subject

• Like 3

No but the dog man did via the dog :rock:

How rude, i will have you know we do a week long course in hooking doughnuts on the aerial of our radio, one day training and four health and safety/diversity around the subject

How do you stop the dog eating the doughnuts?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I honestly couldn't do a job where we were being collectively slagged off by the media and politicians on a daily basis. It's an extraordinarily difficult and complicated job, and being constantly criticised by armchair experts who don't know the first thing about it would really get on my tits.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, your own top brass trying to put your head as a trophy on their office wall to further their own careers. :finger:

• Like 4

I honestly couldn't do a job where we were being collectively slagged off by the media and politicians on a daily basis. It's an extraordinarily difficult and complicated job, and being constantly criticised by armchair experts who don't know the first thing about it would really get on my tits.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, your own top brass trying to put your head as a trophy on their office wall to further their own careers. :finger:

Just get used to it all in the end and ignore most of what goes on. I dont know if its the same as other stations/forces but the report room where all the front line officers type up their work etc is pretty much a no go for anyone else in the station.

CID will not dare come down to our officer and choose to send an email instead

This one floated across Farcebook.....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152124040619855&set=vb.326987674854&type=2&theater

Essentially: the police are removing a child from a domestic premises (for it's own protection), and transporting him/her in a patrol car. The questions that are raised:

Shouldn't the child be in proper child seat? (It would, as suggested, be rather ironic if there was an accident and the child is injured during transport.)

What happens to "the duty of care" if there is an accident? (Not just in this case, but in general when transporting a member of the public?)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152124040619855&set=vb.326987674854&type=2&theater

Essentially: the police are removing a child from a domestic premises (for it's own protection), and transporting him/her in a patrol car. The questions that are raised:

Shouldn't the child be in proper child seat? (It would, as suggested, be rather ironic if there was an accident and the child is injured during transport.)

What happens to "the duty of care" if there is an accident? (Not just in this case, but in general when transporting a member of the public?)

Im not in a position to answer this or comment on that footage :sweat:

There are now comments on this vid that answer your question. Yes they "should" but there are exemptions.

Not sure if this has been covered as the thread is getting too long to trawl through or if you will be in a position to answer as it is cross constabulary and more akin to traffic policy and it appears you seem to not be traffic orientated from the posts I have read but here goes anyway!

There seems to be a general run down of the motorcycle units in the various constabularies with any ending them and others combining them with others or utilising the availability of other areas units.  But little seems to be actually being said about it in the press.  Can you add anything to what is going on?

• Like 1