The rozzers.. what do you want to know?

Jon_woo

I don't know about any other force but mine doesn't see a single penny of a ticket that is issued, i think we simply get x amount of money a year from the government for a variety of different traffic type stuff

That's a fair answer. It's a question that most people at some point would've said to another or thought.

I've found with your local bobbies they actually treat instances with a bit of common sense and fairness, but with a traffic cop their too quick just to issue a ticket without taking individual circumstances and variables into account.

Why are some officers very polite and some complete ******s?

A traffic cop waved me over the other day, he was rude, arrogant and just a ****. Felt like I was in front of the headmaster back at school for misbehaving. Just glad I gave as good as I got!

Typical North Wales police.

Have you ever heard of something called the Stansford prison experiment? Check it out it may explain the psychological meaning for your question.

Edited by theezenutz

Quietly filming doesn't, filming and gobbing off whilst the officer is trying to deal with someone else does

Yeah, that's fair. My point was that it's the gobbing off and not the fact of filming that's obstructive. (word chosen advisedly since Obstruction is forming a legal opinion on how badly the individual is affecting the Officer's execution of their duties)

We're forever being told "if you're doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear from $thing"; I'm asking why the police are so afraid of being filmed in the general case if they're acting within the law.

Funny you should be picky about video footage... 

Following on from 2skodafamily's question, I have a massive financial interest in g4s and i'm a solicitor with mates in the cabinet. Am I allowed to wear a police uniform? 

• Like 1

Following on from 2skodafamily's question, I have a massive financial interest in g4s and i'm a solicitor with mates in the cabinet. Am I allowed to wear a police uniform? 

No, you have to be Chief Inspector of Constabulary before you get to wear a uniform without even vaguely earning it!

how much education of law is an average officer given before they start dealing out tickets or prosecutions?

IIRC I did about 15 weeks basic training - classroom and role play stuff - before going to my station.

For the next three months I was partnered with a training officer who observes and guides you.

Then it was another couple of weeks of classroom stuff before being let out "on your own", though depending on your progress and available staff you may end up back with the same training officer.

During the first two years there were a few more classroom sessions (1 or 2 weeks), and you also have a personal development plan that you need to complete to prove your competence.

IIRC I did about 15 weeks basic training - classroom and role play stuff - before going to my station.

For the next three months I was partnered with a training officer who observes and guides you.

Then it was another couple of weeks of classroom stuff before being let out "on your own", though depending on your progress and available staff you may end up back with the same training officer.

During the first two years there were a few more classroom sessions (1 or 2 weeks), and you also have a personal development plan that you need to complete to prove your competence.

A bit OT, but how has the ability of Tutor Constables to actually tutor been affected by the cuts? How can you debrief each job when you're running from job to job like a blue-arsed fly?

A bit OT, but how has the ability of Tutor Constables to actually tutor been affected by the cuts? How can you debrief each job when you're running from job to job like a blue-arsed fly?

No idea. I left quite a while back.

I do know that towards the end of my probation period, out of a theoretical response shift of 16 PCs I was often the second most experienced with less than 2 years service, and on a couple of occasions I was the most senior. Being partnered with someone a few months behind you and having nobody to turn to for advice can be quite daunting.

• Like 1

Ok I have a legit question....

Are you consciously aware that some drivers of certain vehicle makes are worse than others

Just my opinion but round here,and this is regardless of financial status the top 3 worst drivers would be

1) vauxhall 2) Audi 3) ford

Kinda like a mental bar chart!

Not around here, every other car has something wrong with it

Around these parts if you can manage going from job to job without cracking and managing the paper work etc then you are good enough

• Like 1

Do you need more police officers on your team?

Do you all need to have taser?

We are very very short, we are meant to have 38 fit for patrol and we have 16.

Not everyone has taser but more and more courses are being rolled out

• Like 1

Jon_woo - Not that I know you or had any dealings with you but I would like to say thanks for the job that you do and fully understand the strain you guys are put through.

Boils my blood to know you guys are having cut backs along with the NHS, in my opinion job roles like this should get as much support as possible as one day we will need you both!

Don't have to thank us mate, maybe just a coffee and a biscuit if you see us standing on scene guards :blush:

• Like 4

The OP is attempting to give us an insight into his work and why they do things a certain way.  Let's not turn this into a topic criticising the Police over any alleged incidents that have taken place of which the OP has had no involvement in.

Thanks for the clarification and the removal of the offending posts.

The OP is attempting to give us an insight into his work and why they do things a certain way.  Let's not turn this into a topic criticising the Police over any alleged incidents that have taken place of which the OP has had no involvement in.

That's fair enough but I think people have a right to know that this is going on. By our Police force paid for by us to serve us. This incident will never make it anywhere near a mainstream news outlet

I also wanted to ask if he was aware that it is happening. Also whether it is a decision made by the individual officers of whether they are ordered or pressurized into doing it.

I'm sure he would understand the negative press that Police Officers will face after a blatant abuse of their powers,  I am not hating i'm just a concerned taxpayer who wants to know that the people that are chosen to protect us,  are not displaying/using criminal actions/behavior against innocent civilians.