The rozzers.. what do you want to know?

Jon_woo

Being a plod and a member on here i thought it might be a laugh/learning curve to have a thread where you can ask about something you have always wondered about when it comes to 'the fuzz'

Not a "can you get me off three points" thread but more of a "why do cops do this that way" etc. Obviously im not going to explain something that would show myself or the force in a bad light.

If mods etc dont think its a good idea then delete away.

I will start, i always wondered growing up what was under the hood of a patrol car.

Answer - 1.3CDTI 100 BHP with slightly uprated disks and pads :think:

• Like 3

So how long have you been a serving officer?

basically asking when you passed out of Police College.

& would that be, not in Scotland where different laws mean Police Officers do things differently.?

(But are still fine upstanding members of the community.)

My rank is PC

My role is first responder/response teams

What do i do - Everything called through to 999 except gun crime and serious offensive weapon jobs

How long? - Coming up for 7 years

And yes i passed out of training school in England... although my mate is from Scotland and goes on all day and night about how policing is different over the border.... we tell him to wind it in and make the tea :rock:

• Like 3

why do the police always grab hold of the lapels of their vests :think:

Trouser pockets looks untidy IMO, any human being will find something to do with their hands if standing around long enough. Just so happens the hands fit snug in there and it keeps them warm!

Ideally for personal safety reasons its a big no no as you cant stop yourself from falling over should someone push you, had great fun being shown this in training school, being launched onto the crash mats

• Like 1

I have been told on a few occasions that if I police car has a light out they cannot stop you as their car is not deemed fit for the road? Is this true or a big pile of steaming horse manure?

Trouser pockets looks untidy IMO, any human being will find something to do with their hands if standing around long enough. Just so happens the hands fit snug in there and it keeps them warm!

Ideally for personal safety reasons its a big no no as you cant stop yourself from falling over should someone push you, had great fun being shown this in training school, being launched onto the crash mats

Sounds like cow tipping.

• Like 3

I have been told on a few occasions that if I police car has a light out they cannot stop you as their car is not deemed fit for the road? Is this true or a big pile of steaming horse manure?

I'm no expert when it comes to every last detail in legislation BUT i would say that's incorrect, you could still get a ticket but i dont know a single cop that would give a ticket for this if they had a light out themselves.

Our cars are checked every weekend

• Like 1

If I was really really rich and I stole money of really poor people to make my rich friends even wealthier. Would that be considered a crime?

Stealing is a crime sir.... something our force takes VERY seriously. If you call our non emergancy number we can get an officer to you sometime in the next 14 days?

• Like 3