Show us your pussy... cat, dog or other pet..

HotRod

Awesome pets - Showed SWMBO some of them and she has asked if anyone wants to get rid of them, she will happily adopt them (all)..

Loving the dogs n cats (never thought anyone would own a bloody lion)..    There's an in car security system, just leave it on the passenger seat :)

j0hn - does your cat have extra toes?

He does indeed have an extra digit on each paw. They're basically thumbs on his front paws and just an extra claw on the back. It's a genetic mutation called polydactylia. It's quite common apparently and I believe they get called Mitten cats because they look like they're wearing mittens.

He does indeed have an extra digit on each paw. They're basically thumbs on his front paws and just an extra claw on the back. It's a genetic mutation called polydatylia. It's quite common apparently and I believe they get called Mitten cats because they look like they're wearing mittens.

Cats with opposing digits?  holy cow..  we're stuffed now.. 

• Like 1

He does indeed have an extra digit on each paw. They're basically thumbs on his front paws and just an extra claw on the back. It's a genetic mutation called polydatylia. It's quite common apparently and I believe they get called Mitten cats because they look like they're wearing mittens.

Cool, I've heard of it but I've never met a cat with extra toes -Our cat is a rescue and when we were looking, there was one that had extra toes that apparently had people fighting to adopt it and was long gone before we got there.

We got ours when I spotted the first pic I posted on a work noticeboard - I think he was 8 weeks old then. The lady that was offering him didn't say Tigger had thumbs until I went to collect him (although I'd had my suspicion from the photos) in case it put us off. Poor fella.

His brother had thumbs too apparently but the sister didn't.

This is Mr Ash, photographed at Christmas in his festive outfit with my stepdaughter Olivia.  He's eleven and of indeterminate breed (his known bloodline includes Springer Spaniel, King Charles Spaniel, Border Collie, Lurcher and there are probably others too - he's a real Heinz 57).

He likes riding in cars and will jump straight into any car that has an open door!  He also chases his tail, catches it, then runs round in circles.

post-106089-0-86535600-1391648217_thumb.jpg

Here's him relaxing, his second favourite hobby after eating.

post-106089-0-22458100-1391649309_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This is Bilbo, a rescued boxer. typical of the breed, absolutely crackers.

IMG_0171_zps1b7719c4.jpg

I think he's in training to be a bat

batdog_zps9f1378f6.jpg

• Like 3