KESSY locking Q

Does KESSY auto lock when you just walk away from car with the key fob in pocket etc.

If yes, do you get a confirmation indicator flash (I assume you can turn off unlock/lock beeps like on Superb)?

Cheers

Steve

It is not autolocking, push  or swipe on the doorhandle is needed, it is not like the Renault system

Edited by blokart

It is not a push, or wipe / swipe, simply a touch on the small indented patch. No force, no swiping. Unlock is hand to the inside of the handle, again no force, no swipe, just touch. No auto locking either.

Edited by fireftrm

It is not a push, or wipe / swipe, simply a touch on the small indented patch. No force, no swiping. Unlock is hand to the inside of the handle, again no force, no swipe, just touch. No auto locking either.

having read this reply with great interest, went straight to my car to try, thinking this is not correct. The principle is right but on my car it is the exact opposite...... and which I believe is more logical !

I grab the handle as you would to open the door and that unlocks it, to lock.....you need to touch the small indentation.

I also must confess that I have been struggling with this because I was also doing it the wrong way round.

Others with the system might like to comment. If not hope this helps. 

Despite what the video shows, fireftrm is correct. No swiping is needed. You only need to touch the indentation to lock the car. If you think from the engineering point of view, it would've been quite a task for the handle to require a swiping motion and not just a simple touch. ;)

One morning I started up in order to get some heat in the car before going to work and after a while I went out to put some stuff in the car. Not having the key in my pocket I was unable to open the car. It had locked itself. Had to go get the key in order to open the door.

Edited by gogolplex
  • Like 1

One morning I started up in order to get some heat in the car before going to work and after a while I went out to put some stuff in the car. Not having the key in my pocket I was unable to open the car. It had locked itself. Had to go get the key in order to open the door.

Thats pretty neat i like that.

One thing that's useful to know and that I haven't noticed being mentioned anywhere in the manual or in other presentations of the system is that it works with gloves on. Rather useful not having to take your gloves off in winter time just to open/lock the car.

Isn't meant to work with gloves on.......the manual says it doesn't, specifically mentioned as such.

The swipe is definitely wrong, well unnecessary. The manual agrees with me too. Rather odd way he opens the door too, hand from under the handle, yes it works just seems wrong. Naturally I hold handles with my hand entering the gap from above. His swipe is so made up! PS no need to press the brake either, presumably that was a DSG car, as it is the clutch I have to press! Bizarre video, wrong in instructions and set for a DSG Elegance alone....

Edited by fireftrm

I ordered Keyless because I have it currently on my Laguna and I was worried I'd forget to lock it, but I didn't realise you still had to press something to lock it anyway. Never mind.

The Renault is great, just walk away and lock, but it does have the disadvantage that if there's other people in the car and you get out it locks them in then sets the alarm off when they move - lol. I guess the skoda's system doesn't have that problem at least.

That advert is pretty funny - I wonder if they advertised the role of 'retard' in RADA or something to get him.

Edited by Dr_Pepper

I've just read the manual and it states:

•  Some types of gloves can impair the function of the grip sensor.

I've tried it tonight with my gloves (rather thick ski gloves) and it works just fine to lock/unlock.

Edited by TudorM

Having come from the Renault system I do miss the walk away function....but from a security and practicality point of view the Skoda system is IMO better.

If I left the Renault key in the car and walked away the car did nothing just stayed unlocked. At least with the skoda you have to do something to lock the car... Also when cleaning the Renault the bloody thing would lock as you walked around,checking the oil the alarm would go off because the key would go out of range. Know there was a maintenance setting.

Either way I wouldn't have a car without keyless, as I do a lot of air travel for work not panicking where your car key I'd is priceless.

I've just read the manual and it states:

•  Some types of gloves can impair the function of the grip sensor.

I've tried it tonight with my gloves (rather thick ski gloves) and it works just fine to lock/unlock.

even works with a thick lambs wool wash mit !!!

I wonder if mine is faulty - in cold or rain, it only works 50% of the time touching or swiping the indentation, and I end up having to click the key button (not tried WITH gloves).

When you tocuh the handle have you ever also had your hand on the handle itself? I was doing this for a time, until I read the manual and realised that you musn't touch anywhere else at the same time. Also the key location is critical, sometimes in the back pocket stops it working and I need to move to a front one.

I have also locked and unlocked it many times while washing it, never once actually touching the handle, just a sponge. So it probably works with most gloves!

When you tocuh the handle have you ever also had your hand on the handle itself? 

Yes, my 2.5 years old daughter does that all the time, confusing the heck out of KESSY. She can barely reach the handle, but she enjoys the system so much that she's become the designated car locker/unlocker.  :happy: