FL Orders log results

merseadog

Ordered 16th Feb, collected today. Due back in Wednesday to finish wiring up the towbar [don't ask]

Otherwise looks very nice and so we are out tomorrow to get a couple of hundred miles on it.

Colin

Ordered 16th Feb, collected today. Due back in Wednesday to finish wiring up the towbar [don't ask]

Otherwise looks very nice and so we are out tomorrow to get a couple of hundred miles on it.

Colin

Pics please

Pics please

As requested. It is Candy White with Silver bars,Rearguards bumper protector [reasonable fit] with Sports seats that I can happily recommend. I ordered without trying these. They are not "bucket" type. They are firm with that little extra side support and a lumbar support. Fabric is a lot nicer than the swirly stuff found on  "normal" SE specification. I tried them out today with a couple of hour run to get some miles on prior to towing in a months time. If the mpg shown is a mix of motorway and country driving and if this is a sign of things to come I will be happy.

Colinpost-113163-0-31844600-1403458687_thumb.jpgpost-113163-0-59894000-1403458691_thumb.jpgpost-113163-0-28568000-1403458696_thumb.jpgpost-113163-0-40914400-1403458700_thumb.jpg

Edited by eribaMotters
  • Like 1

As requested. It is Candy White with Silver bars,Rearguards bumper protector [reasonable fit] with Sports seats that I can happily recommend. I ordered without trying these. They are not "bucket" type. They are firm with that little extra side support and a lumbar support. Fabric is a lot nicer than the swirly stuff found on  "normal" SE specification. I tried them out today with a couple of hour run to get some miles on prior to towing in a months time. If the mpg shown is a mix of motorway and country driving and if this is a sign of things to come I will be happy.

Colinattachicon.gifP1010729-800.jpgattachicon.gifP1010730-800.jpgattachicon.gifP1010731-800.jpgattachicon.gifP1010732-800.jpg

That car looks nice :clap:

• Like 1

Nice, but sorry I still prefer the Outdoor.

Like the seats though.

I thought long and hard at the time of order which direction to take. Choice was eventually based on my desire for a nice high up car. If I had been going for the 4 wheel drive option it would have been an Outdoor, even if one had been available not as an Outdoor [does that make sense]. It would also have been in Jungle Green. Perhaps next time?

Colin

Well I'm mightily impressed and I didn't think I would like all white, indoor, "call those sports seats" etc.;but I like everything! A very nice motor Sir!

I visited my dealer today for the first time (having bought by phone unseen) and was told the car (ordered 30th April) was built last week and has been waiting 5 days so far for a ship load to accumulate - estimated 2/3 weeks for me to get it.  Nice to put a face to a voice, and we had a fruitful chat, more about the independence referendum than my car.

I'll get my 13 years old Golf estate to my private buyer this week.

Edited by dutyhog

Picked up Yeti on Monday ordered on 1st Feb  an Outdoor L&K 170 tdi dsg in magnetic brown. Only had a fairy short drive in it so far but very impressed much more refined than our old Octavia scout.  

Update,

New Yeti collected Sat 21st, assured everything would be OK, but wiring for towbar not completed.

Wed 25th 09:30 dropped off at dealer, after being told would need a morning to finish. Car "ready" 17:20.

The good news is lovely view of van attached instead of sensors beeping suggested coding done correctly. Nice neat job on the fitting of bar and cover in bumper.

Bad news, look at the photos of area around fusebox. Rattle inside trim of A pillar passenger side, and a question I have asked the garage.

I thought the fridge in caravan should only work when the car engine is running, not when the ignition key is in and the dash is live.

I am also assuming that you no longer require that annoying buzzer to tell you the van lights are working, as the bulb failure system has been extended to the van with the coding done.

It is going back in next Saturday, for the week.

Colin

post-113163-0-60890500-1403890075_thumb.jpg

post-113163-0-45508400-1403890086_thumb.jpg

Edited by eribaMotters

Ignoring the crap job in refitting the side of the dash.......

The fridge/battery supply should only be live when the engine is running, but I have known on other makes to it being live when the ignition is on. Not something I approve of!

The indication that the trailer flashers are working is indeed covered by the bulb failure system.

What I forgot to add was I told them:-

"It would be a nice gesture to run a wire from the fuse box to under the on-dash storage box seeing you have messed me about, I can then add my extra 12v cigarette lighter point for a sat-nav"

They agreed.

Colin

My car *should* have arrived with the dealer today (but they haven't let me know either way, despite promising to do so). Assuming it did arrive, it should be ready on Tuesday along with the towbar (went with the dealer fit in the end).

The dealer was very surprised when I told them the car was in the country and scheduled for delivery to them today, as the last info they had from Skoda said that it hadn't been built yet :o

Fingers crossed!

I'm sure once it is all resolved I will be a happy bunny. I'm pleased with the white and silver combination and can see why this is shown so much in the brochure. I've got just under 300 miles on the car now and it is starting to loosen up when the loud pedal is lightly pressed. Sports seats are really comfy, ride on smooth road is good [pot holed roads not so good on 17" rims]. I'm getting used to the maxi-dot, i-pod and phone working well on blue-tooth. Switch-gear all nicely located and feels good [except the twirly knob to adjust mirrors]. I think I've also got the hang of loading the boot vertically [boot full of tools, workmate and industrial vacuum cleaner this cleaner].

Time will tell, hopefully all will be well for 650 mile maiden tow in three weeks.

Colin

• Like 1