Rubbing strips?

staib

I'm talking about those moulded rubber strips that can be stuck (?) to the sides of cars/doors to protect them from typical car park dings.

Anyone know whether there are any specially made or suitable for a 5dr Citigo or other VAG clone?

Our dealer had suggested a few months ago that these were on the horizon but I haven't seen anything yet...

Cheers,

Nick

Try this link for the Up! as they don't list them for the Citigo.

I think they are for the 3 door. but would need to check if available for the 4 door models.

http://www.partscats.info/volkswagen/en/?i=cat_vag_models&brand=vw&number=2264&set=2266&ein=2013&f=723&hauptgr=1234567890&hg=8&grf=085300723&bf=85300&hgug=853&ug=53&parent_id=3671667

I ordered a set from Automotiva UK last night. They advertise they are £36.50 plus £3.99 postage. However I was charged £25.00 postage instead!

I contacted them today and got a quick response saying 'Sorry a slight glitch in my order'. They are now refunding the difference. 

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got round to fitting the Automotiva side protectors. I fitted them so the top edge of the strip lined up with the crease line on the door

post-32484-0-07512600-1394383450_thumb.jpg

post-32484-0-18705100-1394383474_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Either your fronts are on the wrong side or mine are? Mine has the radius on the front part at the bottom and yours are on the top. Are the back ones the same way round?

• Like 1

Owens,

You've got it right. What an idiot, never mind they are staying as they are. When I looked at my photos I thought something looked wrong but just put it down to to the photos. It's the front ones that are wrong. 

• Like 1

They are on the crease line of the door which is the part that sticks out the most.

I guess you cannot cater for all shapes and sizes of doors (that are going to hit you), and the likelihood of being dinged is by a front which is normally straight up and down on its edge. I guess I am just paranoid....

I guess you cannot cater for all shapes and sizes of doors (that are going to hit you), and the likelihood of being dinged is by a front which is normally straight up and down on its edge. I guess I am just paranoid....

If the damage is from a car door, I agree. Unfortunately over the years most of the damage to my doors has come from shopping baskets and supermarket trolleys and the side protection strips have not stopped the damage. I now try to park on the edge of the carpark where people do not push trolleys between rows of cars.

For the price the side strips look OK.

Mike.

Me too! Its funny, you can park in the furthest space from the front of the supermarket, still get inside within two minutes, and then see these people endlessly driving round and around the entrance trying to find a space...  

• 1 month later...

I just ordered from Automotive :-)

Me too  :hi:  Looking at the pics they look better on the car than I would have thought. I think that ridge along the side lends itself to having rubber strips below. The Citigo is also quite tall so the strips help to alleviate that.

• Like 1