Not quite the first enjoyable day with my new Fabia vrs....

Lofty

This was supposed to be a "got the new Fabia Vrs today and I'm over the moon with it" however, its a request for some help!!!

Got the car back fine, had the rear door panels off the seal the carriers up as its a nice dry afternoon here. Wet-vacuumed the carpet to get as much dampness out as possible then left the car running with the blowers on full. Had the headlights on at the same time (OE factory xenons) to work out if I needed any bulbs round the car, next thing I know, the dash is lit up like a Christmas tree and the car cuts out.

Wont restart, almost as though the battery is flat....

Checked the common earth point and it seems ok, got the battery on charge for a bit to see if it will start again.

Does this point to the battery being goosed or the alternator not giving enough charge?

Drove the car back 120 miles this morning and it never missed a beat, drove lovely, no issues at all, now this!!!

Just been and tried the ignition, no battery light....

Load signal wire from what ive read???

I had the exactly the same problem.  Mine was the load sensor wire.  Really common.  Have a search on here or type it into Google.

• Like 1

Not the best conditions for the alternator to keep the battery topped up.  Give it a charge and don't leave engine running like that again. :P

Hire a dehumidifier if you must try and dry out the inside.  The vents being on full power will only sap the battery more, and won't actually really do anything to remove moisture. :)

• Like 1

Looks nice pal   B)

Cheers mate, needs some real love and time on it, as a base its in tremendous condition, bodywork is as straight as an arrow, no dings or dents or evidence of paintwork. The spec was what id been looking for as well, having Electric Sunroof, Xenons and Heated seats. Can live without the 6CD and cruise for now. It's also got ESP, not the usual ASR as well, also an option I believe.

Glad I held out for a later one, the Sprint Yellow seems much brighter than the Lemon.

It drives lovely as well - when it works that is, a steady 70mph cruise from up north saw 68.8 mpg as an average - even if it was nearer 60 mpg I'm more than happy with that. The full history from Skoda and the lovely interior also is nice.

I will start a project thread in the next few weeks, just thought I'd update the original post.

It was a broken wire on the load sensing side, just as it exits the connector block. It was the blue one that had broken, the other purple coloured one was ok, so I cut them, and bypassed the connector with some identical coloured wire I had in the garage, Soldered and heat shrink wrapped the repairs and secured out the way.

Battery light is now back on the dash. Treated it to a new Battery as well, and it fires up instantly and ticks over for ages no problem.

Lots of other work done, new discs/pads/calipers all round and some rather fetching OE Skoda mudflaps for the front LOL

Just chasing some rattles down now and I suspect theres a water leak into the spare wheel well, going to check the rear light seals, the sunroof drain tube on the n/s/r and the air vents on the back panel. Soon be done!!!!

Matt

I'm going to do a belt and braces repair, replace the battery and repair the load sensor wire/s as well. Hopefully that should put the zing back into it!

Anyway, some pics of the yellow peril...

IMG_7664_zps66ff0ced.jpg

Looks nice. :)

Very nice, like mine more or less, probably a tiny bit tidier or better polished than mine

(as I've had mine from new its has had a few very minor cosmetic "tweaks" in the way of spiders, leather seats, LCR splitter etc, plastidip spoiler, new style badges.....now you've got it you do realise you will eventually be tweaking it lols)

Do you have optional windscreen washer on it too ? I'm sure mine doesn't have a raised bit on the front bumper like that suggesting you have optional washers

Do you have optional windscreen washer on it too ? I'm sure mine doesn't have a raised bit on the front bumper like that suggesting you have optional washers

Optional windscreen washer? :) would make a mess on the bonnet from there I think!!

Headlamp washers will be to do with the xenons I would guess ;)