Items Missing from the (UK) Spec/Options List

My VRS is currently being build by little the elves at the factory. There were however are a couple of additional options I would have ordered if they were available.

My most wanted would have been:-

i) Electric Memory Seats (I am 6ft5 and my wife 5ft3 so everything needs to be changed manually every time we swap pilots).

ii) VAG E-Diff + Performance Pack (as per VW Golf).

iii) Heated Windscreen for the TSI

iv) 4WD option for VRS TDI/TSI

Skoda could quite easily have taken another ~£3K off of me if these were available. Are there any other sorely missed options you would have liked?

The heated windscreen is now available (sorry!)!

I can't think of many things I'd have liked except perhaps the factory fitted load divider net for the estate. Oh and also rear sil protectors for the vRS.

Oh one more, gloss black/polished wheels rather than the anthracite ones as they're available elsewhere.

I wanted electric folding mirrors as per the Elegance model, and electric adjustable memory seats.

I did get the heated screen, but not sure if that's a blessing or not especially driving into the sun (rare I know) in the morning and again going home as the elements shine rainbow-like in your line of sight.

The heated windscreen on petrol VRSs came back in with the January brochure - I was looking to buy then, and several dealers had missed the footnote.

Besides the performance stuff, and deleted options, I would have liked footlighting and perhaps some more options in the interior trim - it is all a bit dark.

Most definitely the following

1. Folding door mirrors, which go back when you lock the car.

2. Heated front windscreen, not having it on the TSi was a complete load of BS by SUK.

3. The ability to switch off the stupid sound generator via the infotainment system.

4. LED front indicators

5. LED number plate light.

+1 for the trick diff fitted to the Golf GTI PP, we already have the brakes.

I too, would like to be able to switch the sound generator off via infotainment. Like the improved throttle response in sport, but hate the rattle that goes with the thing on sport. can't believe its rattling after just 3 days! There has to be a quick fix for that!

Personally I think the spec that they have as standard on the current vRS is about right, however, the glaring obvious omission as a standard item was normal Cruise Control, OK its a cheap option in the great scheme of things but considering they will be wanting to sell it on to fleet customers etc many of which will only let you take the car as a standard item without extras on it the lack of CC is just plain daft!

As for the options, yes, there are some we are missing here in the UK, I agree that some don't make sense as to why we can't have them, but ultimately if Skoda UK allowed us to have everything then we would all be moaning even more than we are now that we were waiting 30-40 weeks as opposed to 20-30 weeks!

You can't please everybody all of the time.

Two Things I would of loved to have had on my car, folding mirrors Bit of a clanger there Skoda UK on a car that Could be touching Or indeed exceeding 30k.i always try and park as far away from The supermarkets entrance as possible swmbo aint a Fan, but it's Not funny how many careless individuals there are in a carpark. Secondly Cruise Control Long Old Drive from Here in Germany to Dunkirk, used to love driving to the Port in the Superb Estate ( yes Officer it is the 170hp Version ahem!!), Not totally enjoying it in the VRS.

I'm due to change it at the end of November Looks like i shall have to put my Order in soon for the New one The Way Things are going i might be struggling!!.

+1 for the trick diff fitted to the Golf GTI PP, we already have the brakes.

I too, would like to be able to switch the sound generator off via infotainment. Like the improved throttle response in sport, but hate the rattle that goes with the thing on sport. can't believe its rattling after just 3 days! There has to be a quick fix for that!

Sort of with regards to the brakes.....vRS gets the fronts but does with smaller sold rears.....the GTi PP gets quite good size vented rears

The rears are fine. 85% of braking is done at the front, and the fronts will fail long before the rears (unless you drive with the handbrake on). It wasn't so long ago that hot hatches made do with drums on the rear.