Richard's mk1 Fabia thread. (Yes, I have a mk1 Fabia problem...)

BossFox

1.8T into one of many Fabias (the yucky green one) :thumbup:

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it.

Then again, I've thought about a lot of things...

• Like 4

So have you got any idea of what's happening to each skoda?

Not 100% but an idea.

I suspect the 4 red Fabia VRS's will turn into 3 with one being a donor.

Then they'll end up as Brisky Bargains for someone.

The whole front of the Pastywagon has already found itself onto the 56 plate Cat D front end one, so that's almost done. MOT booked for Monday.

Other two are mechanical damage and not physical bodywork.

I'm oddly quite taken with the green one. But have to wait until the middle of April for a VIC test! :( (so can't get the V5 or tax it)

Still need a donor for the WRC project too.

• Like 4

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it.

Then again, I've thought about a lot of things...

How about getting the first Skoda Fabia into orbit around the earth?  :rofl:

i think you have enough to try it ;)

• Like 3

I thought one of the 4 red ones was going to be a donor for the WRC?

Or are you on the lookout for another one now? Any luck on the engine front? Still wanting a TTRS 5 pot?

I've given up trying to keep up :D One Yeti (plus the His n Hers ones), one GT-R (two?) a plethora of Fabias, a Leaf and supposedly a CitiGo, but the Malaysians are having more luck finding a Boeing 777 than Richard is with the CitiGo I believe. Did I miss any :D

I thought one of the 4 red ones was going to be a donor for the WRC?

Or are you on the lookout for another one now? Any luck on the engine front? Still wanting a TTRS 5 pot?

Well, it's going to be easier to base it on a non-VRS model as it will be petrol.

And the car that was going to be the donor (PastyWagon) has a nasty kink in the A post, which is more work that I thought it was.

For the cost to get that fixed I can get a whole straight car. (the green one cost me less than the quote to get the A post sorted...)

No idea on an engine.

Crashed S3 or TTS probably, the 5 pot is mega bucks and hard to justify.

Once I've thinned out the current cars I'm going to look for a donor for the WRC.

Unless something ideal pops up in the meantime.

In theory I could use the green one.

• Like 3

I've given up trying to keep up :D One Yeti (plus the His n Hers ones), one GT-R (two?) a plethora of Fabias, a Leaf and supposedly a CitiGo, but the Malaysians are having more luck finding a Boeing 777 than Richard is with the CitiGo I believe. Did I miss any :D

Probably.

Definitely 2 GT-Rs though.

You're right though, it's easy to lose track. :D

• Like 2

Nice to see you can use the Ibiza as a donor if all else fails :) the number of times I've wanted to see a Fabia 1.8t and for it to be a wrc too would be great.

I know you didn't really want to do another 4 wheel drive conversion, but the release of the new s1 could make a suitable base for parts

• Like 2

Wow. I find it hard to keep up with your car purchases but I'm always astounded when I do. 

The missus was browsing mk1 Fabia vRS's the other day so I'll keep my eyes peeled for your adverts. Oh, and if you want to sell the green one... I'm game for odd coloured Skodas! ;)

• Like 4

Got the red 06 plate running today and it wasn't happy.

Short of it is that the turbo is jammed solid, it's really had it.  Would only run with a boost pipe off.

A quick check over revealed the timing belt wasn't too clever either.

So it's in the process of having another turbo put on it, new timing belt and water pump then a service and it should be good to go.

Being a non write off (just sold due to engine problem) it's not registered damaged and the V5c is already in the post.

Hoping to get it through an MOT next week, tax it with the newly arrived V5c and then get it out of the depot to make a bit of space as the last Red Fabia and the Ibiza will probably arrive in the next week or two.

Meanwhile have appllied for the V5c for the 56 plate (Cat D) and it's going for it's MOT on Monday.

The missus was browsing mk1 Fabia vRS's the other day so I'll keep my eyes peeled for your adverts. Oh, and if you want to sell the green one... I'm game for odd coloured Skodas! ;)

If you are happy with a red one I'll be selling these on at cost, it's just a bit of fun really. :)

But it'll be either a high milage or one that's had light damage.  In other words, not expensive.

And my other job is...as a car dealer.  :rofl:

Yes, after this I need to try and be sensible, calm down and look after the ones I've got.

Which I need to get down to five really.

• Like 1