Richard's mk1 Fabia thread. (Yes, I have a mk1 Fabia problem...)

BossFox

Just to keep your mind ticking over, if you want another project, Neil's got a (lovely  :bandit: ) 1998 Felicia Pickup in need of a new home and some TLC.

Bad points - it could do with a clean, might need some welding and has become a pig to start there are a few more 'issues' but nothing too terrible, you get a wet arse every morning, free mushrooms in the footwell and a windscreen that takes 3 days to clear  :rofl:

At least when all the cars are done you will manage to keep the mileage down, is it a car for each day of the week now  :think:

• Like 4

At least when all the cars are done you will manage to keep the mileage down, is it a car for each day of the week now :think:

You should only really count the road legal ones which means I'm fine...

• Like 1

Can't keep up with you and cars !!

Full carbon fibre Fabia

Mate just built a full carbon fibre lotus Elise and that goes with his full carbon puma etc

It would look unreal

Who building this one for you ? Jabba ?

I have a contact that has some wrc moulds not sure what Fabia but Deffo has one of the wrc Fabia moulds

You transport boys are in a different league mate that has a transport buisness just brought a 458 Italia to go with his Bentley one day one day !!

See you at coombe

No I'm organising the Yeti and Fabia myself Clive.

Fabia:

Already ordered the WRC kit, should be here next week.

Yeti:

KW V3 suspension should also arrive next week.

Already have the K04 turbo kit.

APR are being a complete ass when it comes to getting the downpipe here.

Going to pinch the carbon buckets out of the Citigo again as I already have adapters made up from when I used them in the red Yeti.

I have a contact that has some wrc moulds not sure what Fabia but Deffo has one of the wrc Fabia moulds

You transport boys are in a different league mate that has a transport buisness just brought a 458 Italia to go with his Bentley one day one day !!

If you can find out which WRC model it would be appreciated.

I live it a normal house and would feel a complete twonk with either of those cars.

Rather than play supercar one-up-manship I'd rather build crazy Skodas. ;)

There is always someone with a bigger sausage to wave.  If they get their kicks that way.

Not sure if you have already posted this but what's spec are you going for as regards to engine, running gear suspension etc...

Not sure.

Would love a 2 litre petrol as it just seems right in a WRC.

But then I'll want all wheel drive and that'll be another project that goes OTT.

Depends what crashed Audi S3 and TT-S cars come up I guess...

• Like 1

Yeah love your builds

If you need a hand just shout

I have sent him a message will see what he comes back with not sure if it was early one or the new one!!

Yeah agree he only buys them to show his mates

I would be just like you Infact my mrs already thinks I spend to much on Skodas lol should direct her to these threads to show I'm actually well behaved lol

• Like 1

I would be just like you Infact my mrs already thinks I spend to much on Skodas lol should direct her to these threads to show I'm actually well behaved lol

My Mrs just doesn't care.

She's never even asked me what anything costs... :wonder:

I've given up trying to shock her, it doesn't work anymore!

• Like 1

Another red one? :D   What's with pasty's car then? :)

The A pillar has quite a kink.

Can be fixed but not 100% happy about ever selling it on or taking it on track if I am honest...

It might be relegated to parts duties as it has all the front end bits to fix the 56 plate in the same colour.

• Like 1

The A pillar has quite a kink.

Can be fixed but not 100% happy about ever selling it on or taking it on track if I am honest...

It might be relegated to parts duties as it has all the front end bits to fix the 56 plate in the same colour.

Sounds like a plan, but shame to see pasty wagon resigned to the scrap heap ultimately.

• Like 2

Sounds like a plan, but shame to see pasty wagon resigned to the scrap heap ultimately.

Agree.

But the choice of an 04 plate with a side impact hard enough to bend the A pillar or a 56 plate with soft damage to the upper front that's easy to repair...

Both in the same colour.

:sweat:

I did think about using the Pastybits to fix the 56 plate and moving that on, then maybe using the Pastyshell for the WRC.

Who knows...

You not thought about building time attack car and entering ??

You have the skill to enter

Brisky time attack would be awesome

No, turning it into a competition means I'd take it too seriously, spend too much on it and stop enjoying it.

Thanks for the compliment but there is some difference between hooning a Yeti round and a 1,000bhp track built special.