Any 6' 3" (190.5 cm) or taller Yeti Drivers out there

ddyer79

Always been keen to own a Yeti (especially now facelifted) but wondering whether it would feel cramped after a while. I know it is not as cavernous as my current Superb, but interested whether taller drivers have found it ok.

A 15 minute test drive doesn't help really - I can get comfortable quite easy, but what is it like after 2 hrs etc., as I often have long commutes.

Thanks

I'm 6'2" and a bit and had no problem when I test drive a pre-FL Yeti.

There was still loads of room over my head and ample to push the seat back. Didn't feel cramped around the arms.

If anything, I was disappointed with how little space the Superb offered over the Octavia (pre-FL on both).

I don't think the Yeti adds anything to an Octavia other than headroom.

I find living with a car and test driving a car quite different experiences.

Over time, for example, I have come to find the seats in my Superb quite uncomfortable.

I am almost convinced having been looking at the Yeti for ages and especially now that I have seen the new model in the flesh, but it would be encouraging to find some taller drivers out there enjoying their Yetis over considerable distances.

6'1.5" here.

Had my Yeti for a year/7500 miles. Several long trips of 3 hours plus and no issues at all. Never did need the seat all the way back, and I am not a driver who has his/her face pinned up to the steering wheel ready for my head to be taken off by the airbag either. 

^^^ What they said.

I'm over 6ft and like my seat set as high as practical ,i.e. I can still see under the rear view mirror.

I still have about 5" of headroom.

My seat is nowhere near fully back and the longest time I've sat in it was 6 hours (all the way down to Cornwall.)

No discomfort at all.

Well....a bit stiff on getting out .(advancing years.) :yes:

6ft 2" here with a F/L  like you came out of a longer lower car, just driven Yorkshire to Berkshire absolutely no problems at all and i have a niggly back.

The style is more of a "sit up and beg " type of ride but very comfy.

One thing you can do, which I've found quite effective, is just to sit in one for an extended period of time.  Read a book, listen to music, play with the gadgets, but it's not essential to be on the move to test a seat.

One slight drawback of the Yeti seats (but similar in most VAG cars I have been in) is that the seat squab side bolsters are a bit too close together for even averagely built men.  Most people won't notice this, but it has the effect of rolling your thighs inwards very slightly. In some circumstances, this can cause problems.

Im 6ft3 and feel like im having issues in my loan yeti. Although its just because i feel really close up to the wheel/screen. Might just be me being stupid but cant seem to get the seat to go back. But there feels like theres loads of space. Especially with a panoramic roof.

Looks like this question was made for me to answer! I'm 6'4" and I've had my pre-FL Yeti SE Plus 2Wd 2.0 TDI 110PS since October 2013 and covered over 7000 miles (I'm a community nurse and it's the only vehicle in our family). I've covered many short journeys (up to 70 miles) and maybe a dozen trips of 100+ miles. I've had no issues with the seat comfort, it has good support and you don't feel that you're sitting on top of the seat like in some cars. I do have the seat all the way back and at its lowest setting and my teenage daughters occasionally moan that they're a little squidged when sitting behind me. They also feel that the rear seats aren't as comfy as in our last car, a Honda Accord.

The only pain for me is having to (manually) adjust the seat after my 5'1" wife has been driving....

Edited by fastestlouigie

There is no problem with space/headroom for tall drivers, I'm 6' 2" had my Yeti for four years and had no trouble at all. If anyone can remember the test on Top Gear many moons ago, it was one of the things Clarkson was delighted with, and he is 6' 6" or 6' 7"

I'm 6'4" and I find my pre face lift Yeti very comfortable. I've covered over 20,000 miles with no problems including an over 9 hour drive back from Scotland (with regular stops)! I have the seat as high as possible and as far back as possible. The seats are firm but comfortable. I hope that helps.

My lads are '6 6" and '6 5" and neither have any problems driving our Yeti on occasions

The one owns a Lexus, the big ugly hybrid thing and expected to find our Yeti a bit downmarket but I note he is now considering buying one for his business use after driving ours.

Funny that, I found the Lexus RX300 to be one of the very worst cars I've ever been in for headroom, although I've not tried the newer RX450h. Lexi are pretty terrible generally for tall people in my experience. Slightly off topic but the car that surprised me most on head and leg room was the Porsche 911 (997 and 991). I'd totally have a 997 if I didn't have so much to spend on the house over the next few years. Recent shape Passat is excellent for tall folk, so are the mk2 new minis. Other terrible cars for tall people - Fiat 500 with a sunroof, mk1 focus and 90s Jag XJ.

I'm 6-2 and the 2nd driver is 5-0 .

My leather electric memory drivers seat has turned out to be very useful as the seat is required

to be in the absolute opposite positions for us....ie full back and low & high and forward with rake

and lumbar support also different.  Slight snag....due to the distance the seat has to travel, a bit of a

wait is sometimes required.

No issues at all with fatigue/comfort.

6ft 3inch here and no problems at all with the Yeti. My problem usually is that I have a very long back in relation to my legs (I wear med length trousers but find shirts etc to be huge problems)

The amount of adjustment on the Yeti seats is crazy - it is great for me and SWMBO (who is 5ft4)

I have actually found that if I actually move the seat all the way back and down I end up too far away from the wheel and pedals. Even with the seat raised with 2 operations of the level I find the headroom to be about 4 inches.