So what you been doing to your VRS lately?

Big Lee

Front mount intercooler fitted

CAI fitted

SAI pump removed with resistors in place

Calipers and caliper carriers repainted

Clay bar and polished

Stage 2 remap next on list oh and cambelt and water pump

SAI system removal. Better sooner than later, the pump came apart due to the rivets being completely perished.

pWizT83l.jpg

Rob was right, the SAI combi valve was a nightmare to remove. I ran out of patience with the screwdriver.

jlDneHvl.jpg

Creations Motorsport blanking plate fitted and block and valve cover cleaned.

bccPyqpl.jpg

Next up, fitting turbo-back exhaust.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's Maston Rubbercomp from a company called Maston Paints Oy (from Finland). I really prefered their stuff over Plasti Dip. The finish is good, albeit a bit "rubbery" but that came due to me painting over a completely dry layer. Before that the finish was really glossy and a bit like powdercoat. What I really liked was the nozzles of the spray cans which made the job easier.

JSb1XzLl.jpg

I see you're based in Germany so you can probably get Foliatec paint easy and that stuff is highly rated.

Back to the subject, out of boredom (and :rain::wall: #Skodalife) waiting for parts for my car to arrive I dipped my grille surrounding today in gloss black. Looks OK but I need something more. I'm contemplating buying some wide arches and going for it.

ER8zq0Cl.jpg

What kind of wide body? WRC?

Well I've been looking for a Octavia WRC EVO 3 kit for a while and you can get them from some dark places i Czech. Since I've got a WRC rear wing I need something to balance that. But maybe I'll just roll my arches or buy some generic wide arches.

The WRC kit looks the *******s! Except for the front bumper which is a bit too EVO like. But combined with a normal bumper (like the rear) it would look awesome! I found some things too, wonder what it would cost (or worse, how much it would cost fitted...).

Well the EVO I kit looks wrong. But the EVO II amd III kits looks spot on. The best bet would probably be to go to Czech and get it done there. I think they know their stuff and it probably won't cost more than half a leg. I've personally had it up to here with local garages with technicians who probably can't put on their pants in the morning.

Saw a Fabia WRC last weekend which got me back in to the hunt for some WRC looks.

Edited by Sissipaska
  • Like 1

Just drove nearly 2 hours and now waiting for my front wheel arches to be modified by Dreamworks in Baarlo... Wednesday the car will be shipped to the body shop from some touching up at the front... New (but old model) front logo also fitted now...

• Like 1

DSC_0324%202_zpsths4sikv.jpg

Alloys need a refurb to tried out the spare today just to see what the colour looked like. Went for 'Steel' from Simoniz as I wanted something darker than the standard silver. It's not quite as dark as I thought but I'm pleased. WIll be doing the other four in a couple of weeks.

My step dad helped me with it, turns out he's really good with a spray can and I also found out that he spent years spraying cars and did an apprenticeship in it many years ago.  Handy.....