So what you been doing to your VRS lately?

Big Lee

• Administrators

When I last did my bump strips I used the heat gun... Made all the plastic go white now in patches, used AutoGlym bumper treatment which has worked well but again doesn't last long.

Washed and polished the car today, cleaned the engine bay too. Ran out of light today so will sort out the bumpstrips tomorrow.

All ready now for RetroRides this weekend. Get my yearly fix of old skool!

When I last did my bump strips I used the heat gun... Made all the plastic go white now in patches, used AutoGlym bumper treatment which has worked well but again doesn't last long.

Washed and polished the car today, cleaned the engine bay too. Ran out of light today so will sort out the bumpstrips tomorrow.

All ready now for RetroRides this weekend. Get my yearly fix of old skool!

Try the Mer bumper plastics stuff in a blue bottle, I remember it being very good. Halfords don't seem to sell it any more as Im sure they'd rather push the pricier auto glym. But I found it gave as good an initial shine and then lasted longer.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Try the Mer bumper plastics stuff in a blue bottle, I remember it being very good. Halfords don't seem to sell it any more as Im sure they'd rather push the pricier auto glym. But I found it gave as good an initial shine and then lasted longer.

Cheers! Will take a look at that. :)

• 2 weeks later...

i have just fitted a cold air induction kit ,sounds miles better than standard airbox 

i also got all 5 wheels powder coated too,

for a 2003 octavia vrs with a full service history and only 73,000 miles 

having only paid £675 for the car i think i got a bargain lol

i have just fitted a cold air induction kit ,sounds miles better than standard airbox 

i also got all 5 wheels powder coated too,

for a 2003 octavia vrs with a full service history and only 73,000 miles 

having only paid £675 for the car i think i got a bargain lol

IF YOUR CARS LASTS ITS A BLOODY BARGAIN

• Administrators

Far better than those clip on jobs.

Plus they actually work unlike the OE fitted crap 

That's it!

So much easier changing blades, and I can't complain getting these with blades for £26.

yp1ep.jpg

just wrapped my chrome grill really like it in black.   only worry i have is there anyway to protect it from stone chips a lacquer maybe???

just need a new badge now!

IMAG0212_zpse5xeybk6.jpg

Edited by dan281082

just wrapped my chrome grill really like it in black. only worry i have is there anyway to protect it from stone chips a lacquer maybe???

just need a new badge now!

IMAG0212_zpse5xeybk6.jpg

Looks good, black and chrome badge will look the nuts, part number for it courtesy of moi in the part numbers thread. Not sure about protection, you'll find the wrap pretty resistant to stones I think. Not sure what would take to the surface...

• Administrators

I find things like that to do when the Mrs is doing my nut in as well ;)

Wise man, this is what mine ended up looking like.

orukvt.jpg

15zky6a.jpg

Next I want to get the inlet polished.... :)

Edited by DeanVRS20VT
  • Like 1

so boring day waiting for my son, decided id tackle the fix to the sai pump. 3 of my rivets had deteriorated,  not a job to tackle if u dnt have the right tools!!  pain in the ass to get to the bolts, but all done best part of 3 hours,   did a readiness test on my little gizmo and passed never passed on the sai before so mustve worked!   next job new auxiliary belt which looks tight to do in the engine bay. any tips on this one?

so boring day waiting for my son, decided id tackle the fix to the sai pump. 3 of my rivets had deteriorated,  not a job to tackle if u dnt have the right tools!!  pain in the ass to get to the bolts, but all done best part of 3 hours,   did a readiness test on my little gizmo and passed never passed on the sai before so mustve worked!   next job new auxiliary belt which looks tight to do in the engine bay. any tips on this one?

The usual affair mate. Draw a map before you take it off. The gap is narrow but was just big enough to get my hand down and start the loops, just be sure you're covering all the grooves. I had a big adjustable spanner on the tensioner.