Yeti Monte Carlo at the Geneva Motorshow

RapidRonnie

I have a sneaking suspicion someone on here has a 200bhp + yeti already :rofl:

Try 300bhp + and you're closer to the truth. But that's with four wheel drive.

Love the flat bottomed steering wheel, but Skoda have to spoil the brilliant  sports seats with a silly pattern running down the middle. Looks like a cheap set of Halford's seat covers have been fitted - what a shame, as spoils a very nice interior.

1957740_634012853337502_607127147_o.jpg

Yep, that looks pretty good to me. I wonder what the chances are of it being offered in the UK and how much it will cost? :wonder:

Thats the first Yeti FL Ive liked the look of - love the gloss black (instead of silver) 'guards' on the base of the bumpers - something Ive thought about doing to mine in fact. Liking the interior too and the red paint works really well with all the black details. :)

• Like 1

Why would anyone wanting a car like this, buy it without 4x4?

Because not everyone goes off road and/or pulls a caravan?!

Cheaper running costs, easy entry into and out of the cabin compared to a standard height hatchback and some people just want to make a statement and perhaps feel this is a style they like... theres a few reasons. :)

• Like 2

Why would anyone wanting a car like this, buy it without 4x4?

It's a fair question. I thought it was ridiculous too. But it actually made a lot of sense for us in the end.

It's a perfect height for loading and unloading toddlers.

It's got great ground clearance and short overhangs so it doesn't scrape on the entrance to our drive.

The saving on the purchase price for a Elegance 1.2 TSI is huge compared to the L&K 1.8 TSI or Elegance CR170, which are the only 4x4 models I'd buy.

Still good enough for us in the snow once winter tyres are added.

Lower tyre wear.

It's a foot shorter than an Octavia so we can park it across the top bit of our drive without overhanging the pavement (hard to describe why but this is a real bonus for us).

Love the flat bottomed steering wheel, but Skoda have to spoil the brilliant  sports seats with a silly pattern running down the middle. Looks like a cheap set of Halford's seat covers have been fitted - what a shame, as spoils a very nice interior.

Surely the alcantara / leather seats would have looked a lot better?

Not a bad little car, just needs the engine to go with it!

• Like 1

Hmm, yeah the seats are sub-optimal aren't they? Shame.

Yikes...  those are horrid. Someone trying too hard to make it look different.

But on the exterior this Monte looks great.  The gloss black details looks fantastic I think - headlights, the "guards" on the bumpers... even the extra silly side valance thing works.

Those seats wouldn't look out of place on a Ford KA Grand Prix Edition!!!!

Truly terrible choice of colours and design - plain black leather sports seats or leather/alcantara would look much better IMO.

I'm not a massive fan of the Yeti but can see where they are going with the MC edition. Superb MC next!

Let's just hope they do not limit the engine to the 1.2 like on the current Fabia Monte

With a decent spec/options list we would possibly consider one over an L&K.

Let's just hope they do not limit the engine to the 1.2 like on the current Fabia Monte

With a decent spec/options list we would possibly consider one over an L&K.

With the exception of the basic diesel engine 1.6 TDI/77 kW, the entire Yeti range of engines is available for the ŠKODA Yeti Monte Carlo: three petrol engines 1.2 TSI/77 kW, 1.4 TSI/90 kW, 1.8 TSI/112 (118 kW) and three diesel units 2.0 TDI/81 kW, 2.0 TDI/103 kW and 2.0 TDI/125 kW.

The Yeti Monte Carlo comes in seven exterior colours: Corrida Red, Magic Black, Candy White, Laser White, Moon White, Metal Grey and Brilliant Silver.

• Like 1