Our new yeti has arrived... With the wrong wheels and roof colour!

joiner andy

Also if your current dealer is now offering £14 as a trade, then that is only £1000 below what you are asking privately (£15500 ono - so assume you would take £15k), so the £2500 offered, is a bit of a red herring really in this instance. 

Take your dealers offer of £14k as not far off trade/book price (or try and squeeze a bit more with a threatened cancellation), as you might not sell the Yeti soon and for a price you want. If you order elsewhere, the £14k p/ex on the table now could be considerably less in 3/4 months time.

We have already discussed the wheel options so it's really a "No Brainer" decision - and you can drive your new FL next week and not in 3/4 months time.

A sorry tail, always check what you are signing, I always like to support a local dealer where I can and have to say Motorline in Kent were very good last year when I bought my Yeti.

I checked my initial order form and my part-ex details (reg, model etc) were all on it and the agreed trade in price was included in the cost calculations.

I'm surprised a dealer could change the signed/agreed order form (contract?) by such an amount as in your case after the event.

Were all the details on the order form you signed?

I checked my initial order form and my part-ex details (reg, model etc) were all on it and the agreed trade in price was included in the cost calculations.

I'm surprised a dealer could change the signed/agreed order form (contract?) by such an amount as in your case after the event.

Were all the details on the order form you signed?

No - he did not check them, just "assumed" they were correct. No p/ex listed.

• 1 month later...

Nothing much to update loskie. And I have been working 7 days a week so haven't had much time to post. We can't get the Matterhorn wheels that we wanted as dealer can't get matterhorns at the moment. They will hold the discounted price if I can sell Annapurnas. We collected our new car ourselves at the weekend as the dealer said the transport company wanted another £500 to take our trade in yeti back down,

Initially we were quoted £500 delivery which jumps to £1000 ! So we drove down . Love the 170 engine and the jungle green is as nice as we hoped! Facelift looks great .

Not so keen on the painted rear bumper below boot and around the side of bumper. Both likely to get marked .

All in all we are delighted to finally get our car which lives up to our expectations !

Initially we were quoted £500 delivery which jumps to £1000 ! So we drove down . 

I think I might avoid this dealer!

I bought mine from 'Skodastore' which as most people know is Rainworth Skoda. They offered free delivery nationwide ....OK in my case it was about 3 miles....so they collected me from home

Hi Truthseeker,

profound apologies for not answering your post/question of 01/03/14. I'm only just going through this posting.

The bottom line payment was £14K. The dealer offered me the £5K discount in November when I saw the car in the showroom but, I had to wait till February 2014 as they had just registered it.

The offer on my Freelander was against a different 3 year old used Skoda. The dealers manager said he would have to adjust the trade in offer at the time of the Yeti purchase, which seemed fair at the time. That's how bad I wanted the Yeti.

The mileage on the Yeti on collection in February was only 15 (fifteen) miles. They did offer to park the Yeti in their yard and not use it, which seems what happened. And they kept to the offer on my P/X they made back in November. I did add nearly 4000 miles onto the Freelander.

For me, it was a good deal. I would not have be able to afford to purchase/order a new Yeti, the £5K was the deal maker.

Edited by thingy

No - he did not check them, just "assumed" they were correct. No p/ex listed.

Perhaps as/if there was no part-ex listed on the original order form, the dealer was quoting a one way delivery as they were not expecting a south-bound Yeti.

I've never found a 'courier' that carries anything for nothing and hence the increase.