A baby Jeep from Jeep (Juke sized)

Not sure about that, or it would have been a 4x4 Roomster surely? That fits the bill, not pretty, but pretty useful. My Roomster was far more useful for loads, and interior seating space, than my Yeti.

The Renegade brochure arrived in the post. Looking at the price list & options for the Trailhawk - base OTR price £27,995. Added options similar to what I'd want on the Yeti and got just over £29K - the same price as an Elegance 170 DSG spec'd with similar options. I'm in no hurry to change, with nearly two & half years of warranty remaining, but I may well give one a test drive when they come out.

Has there ever been a 4x4 Roomster?

The Roomster Scout was NOT a 4x4.

Sadly not, just the Scout faux four by four, whose low profile tyres made the ride too hard for me. I do miss my Roomster, if only it had been higher.

but back on track, I like the look of the Jeep but I wonder on interior space. I remember testing a new Cherokee in 1996, I bought a Vitara 5dr instead, I didn't bang by head in the Suzuki.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a sit in one on Friday. Not a patch on the Yeti, feels cheap and pretty small inside, poor visibility. Not interested at all. Nothing clever about the rear seats which a real strength of the Yeti.

I also had a look at one today.  I agree that the interior is less roomy than the Yeti and the rear seat configuration not as clever.  However I really liked the interior quality and think just a tad better than the rather bland Yeti's.  I am also a fan of the look of the car outside and the engines / gearboxes look good.  The acid test will be how it actually drives but I am certainly interested and will be taking one for a test.  Looking at the configurator, I think the 170bhp 4x4 Petrol Limited in Commando (the car seems to suit more subdued hues) might just be my next car!  

• 1 month later...

Yes you'll note that this thread was started TWO DAYS before that one way back in 2014....  So you can post this double thread reminder back in that thread ta. This one was first.  :)

Sorry, i never posted as a reminder,

just another thread that gives opinions and some pictures on a AWD Alternative,

Odd how Yeti members can post none Yeti threads, and others post on them,

then Yeti Owners complain like with the Suzuki C-Cross became Vitara thread.

Not a welcoming place the Yeti section.

• Like 1

Yeti owners are the very personification of charm and good manners......why only the other day one helpfully held up a two fingered gesture to me to signify the distance in feet that he was tailgating me by...lol :x :p

Edited by faradaycage
  • Like 1

That's ok. Apology accepted. The way you posted was as if you were going on (as numerous people do) about Yeti people yet again having the audacity to have their own chats. Trust me we're a very friendly bunch and just a bit more into 4x4s and off-roading than the rest of Briskoda. Hence posting 4x4 related things just here.

Apologies if I read your post incorrectly.

Recently took 3 close Neighbours to "Costco" North Lakes Qld/Aus.

All were impressed and more than happy, that my "Snowman" being a small vehicle could accomadate their purchases.+

When I filled my Tank after 700 KM,  1. How much it  didn't cost & asked how I could get 700KM out of 58L tank.

Mariek says she is buying one as her next car :) I liked the look of the Trailhawk but it's not cheap and probably more Off-roader than I need. There are a lot of jeep Gimmicks dotted around the interior, which you can view as fun or annoying depending on your tastes. I would have been happy with one, but in the end saved a fair bit of money and went for the new smaller Vitara. If I wanted a modern, economical 4x4 that can actually go off road with a fair bit of aplomb, I think I would very likely bought a Renegade, even though I don't like any of the current colours very much.

I have just read all the new threads after a day of house improvements- 3 of which are about non-yeti SUVs - I am on my second yeti in succession and a genuine fan I have just checked my oil and at 11.5 k just added the first oil other than at service and crammed 200 ml in-so quite a contrast to the alarmist oil consumption thread. Some love Yetis above all- and I have to say I am very content with mine. Others hate them or all VAG products. I like to keep an open mind. I liked my old Vitara, a 1990, which was great fun but very crude by modern Yeti standards. My Sharked 1.8 L&K  provides me with swift, reasonably refined transport with a good degree of adaptability and nice handling. I like a car which has more capability than I have ambition and after 4 years of yeti ownership I am not looking for a change.People who post in a particular area of a forum are likely to have a preference but should not seek to freeze out others who visit-but equally visitors should not be insensitive to the fact that they are unlikely to be welcome if their purpose is to criticise the vehicle which most sub forum members have invested much hard cash in.

• Like 2

I was setting off home for lunch when a posse (collective noun?) of four Renegades drove past, with a couple of the new Cherokees for good measure. We seem to be on an auto test route, as I've seen quite a few mules & disguised cars around here. I thought they looked very good, particularly the yellow one :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had a look at the 500x in my local Fiat dealer yesterday.  It looked to be very nicely finished and with a more attractive & modern interior than the Yeti.  The packaging however was nothing like as good as the Tardis like Yeti - the rear tailgate is lower and the seating not as flexible.  I didn't drive it but from what I gather the turning circle of the 500x/Renegade is a lot worse than the Yeti's.  Tempting but I'll stick with my Yeti for now.