Ally's Skoda Fabia VRS Estate TSI

Ally_bassman

I've been really impressed with them so far. Cannot argue at under £60 per tyre! They grip well, clear water efficiently, and after 3,000 miles are wearing evenly and not too quickly. (This may be down to the 80% motorway miles I do)

When the Conti's on the rear (Still the original tires lol) at 3mm I'm going to swap them to MA-Z1's too!

• Like 1

Thanks for the pics Ally! That looks 100% better than stock ride height!

I've pinched one pic -.hope you don't mind, I'm going to post it on Cliosport to counter all the 4x4/arch gap comments I am getting :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the pics Ally! That looks 100% better than stock ride height!

I've pinched one pic -.hope you don't mind, I'm going to post it on Cliosport to counter all the 4x4/arch gap comments I am getting :)

Ooh where's thee cliosport thread? Link? I didn't start a fabia thread on there

• 1 month later...

Looking really good Ally, nice to meet up with you mate.  Just glad to see all of the mods I got off the car are going to Brisky members.  Next meet I'll leave enough time to grab a Big Mac and Coffee and have a proper natter.

Feeling a bit guilty I didn't give you a sample bottle of tyre dressing whilst I was there though :giggle:

• Like 2

Looking great with the spacers Ally..!!!

Cheers mate, it's made a real difference to the look and 'stance'. The Estate suffers from narrowness syndrome more than the hatch, so the filled wheel arches help.

Feeling a bit guilty I didn't give you a sample bottle of tyre dressing whilst I was there though :giggle:

Wait what!?! You should feel guilty, I do love a freebie. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Little update:

I've put nearly 2,000 miles on the spacers already! :sweat: Working away coupled with my normal commute means that I can now comment on life with the spacers fitted.

I am happy to say that there is no unusual vibrations but the steering certainly does feel different... it's hard to put my finger on it but I have come to the conclusion that it is slightly lighter but less numb. You get a sense that you know what the front wheels are doing more. With actual handling differences, there are none that I can feel when cornering but I certainly think that the ride is less crashy. I think this is down to the wider track making the suspension handle high speed compression hits better. A bit like a longer handle on a screw driver making it easier to open a paint tin lid. :nerd:

Overall i'm super happy with them!

I have recently got a new job which will see me earning more money and a halved commute! :sun: So naturally it get's you thinking about the future and the age old story of more money = buy a better car......But after going round in circles I have decided that I am not quite ready to move on from the Fabia. I do love it too much.

So my thoughts naturally move onto.....what can I do next to her! :devil:

I really want to try a track day and attend Brisky meets so I feel that the next few upgrades need to be orientated around having some fun on track and making the Fabia handle better. So in no particular order I want;

- RARB

- Upgrade the brakes (312mm kit or just pads and fluid)

- FMIC

- Replace Dampers

- Bushes

- Custom downpipe??

- Remap instead of TMC box

pyrygaru.jpg

• Like 2

Nice Bike you have there Ally...:) I have a BMC Teamlite TE03 one with the same Fox Fork and Love it...;)

Now I need to consider the bike carrier for my Furby so we can meet and try the bikes on the single track..!!

• Like 1

Now I need to consider the bike carrier for my Furby so we can meet and try the bikes on the single track..!!

This I do very much like! A Brisky bike meet. :-)

It's not all about track days...... :-p

Awesome, good choice! You can't go wrong with Fox. My Fox 36 has been brilliant and handled all that I've thrown at it. Single track, uplift days and XC mile munching all in the lovely British weather.... :rain:  :rain: :rain:  :rain:  :rain:  

• Like 1

As this thread is about your car...I need to say that obviously your estate looks brilliant...;)

Back to the bike now...lol...I use mine for the same at the moment but constantly looking for off road tracks and finding out that there are plenty of these in Kent...now I currently work less than five miles from my house, I cycle to work almost everyday (weather permitting). What u should consider Ally is the Wiggle of Wight MTB winter event which is on 29th of November at Isle of Wight. I'm going and planning to test what my bike is capable of...;)

• Like 1