Error: Start-Stop System

But don't you get an annoying been every so often?

I presume you mean beep :)

Not sure how it disables it, the VCP guys are pretty clued up and will probably involve more than just fudging the temperature and voltage values. Put it this way, I have Video in Motion on my MIB Columbus courtesy of VCP and it is flawless, so I would expect the same from this.

• 2 weeks later...

My vrs had done ~700 miles and I got the start stop system fault. Also set off EPC light and exhaust management system light. Took to garage and they said it was caused by a fault with the ABS system. Replaced parts and initially seemed fine. Today, about 100 miles later and the SS system has stopped working again and the other two warning lights have also appeared. Phoned garage and they were very apologetic! Is this going to be a tough one to sort out!? ( note: I have also had an issue with an indicator that did not self correct which was replaced and an intermittent 'check right dipped beam' warning which required parts replacing, both these issues seem to be resolved. After be an extremely happy fabia vrs owner with no issues apart from high oil consumption I must say I am wholly unimpressed with the new purchase! It seems to spend most of its life in the garage!)

• 2 weeks later...

My vrs had done ~700 miles and I got the start stop system fault. Also set off EPC light and exhaust management system light. Took to garage and they said it was caused by a fault with the ABS system. Replaced parts and initially seemed fine. Today, about 100 miles later and the SS system has stopped working again and the other two warning lights have also appeared. Phoned garage and they were very apologetic! Is this going to be a tough one to sort out!? ( note: I have also had an issue with an indicator that did not self correct which was replaced and an intermittent 'check right dipped beam' warning which required parts replacing, both these issues seem to be resolved. After be an extremely happy fabia vrs owner with no issues apart from high oil consumption I must say I am wholly unimpressed with the new purchase! It seems to spend most of its life in the garage!)

So the garage have had the car another week and I am no closer to getting it back. They have now changed the turbo pressure sensor and wiring, they have then it taken for a spin and the same errors have appeared. Not sure what they are planning next!? At what point will the garage give up and seek outside assistance? Not sure how these things work! Anyone know how things are likely to pan out? Money back or new car maybe, probably not!? I am currently paying a hefty finance for an octavia vrs but driving a basic rapide. Grrrrh!

Tell them to stop ****ing around and escalate to Skoda technical. I was the guinea pig for the SS error, it took 3 software updates and an escalation to factory level to get it fixed. I am aware of one other car that had the same issue and the software update fixed that one as well.

Mine didn't flag up any of the other errors though, although I believe the other car (which got rejected before it got fixed) did flag up similar errors and they too replaced the ABS unit on that one, although that didn't cure it.

Log a case with Skoda UK and refer them to my case /SD-2013/11-006249

Well this morning I have told the garage that a software update has solved the problem for 2 other people and was met with "we are constantly in contact with Skoda Technical regarding you car and have not been advised down this route". Was also advised that forums are not reliable sources if information! So let's see what they try next....watch this space!

Was also advised that forums are not reliable sources if information! So let's see what they try next....watch this space!

They tend to be more reliable then some main dealers.....

• Like 3

Well this morning I have told the garage that a software update has solved the problem for 2 other people and was met with "we are constantly in contact with Skoda Technical regarding you car and have not been advised down this route". Was also advised that forums are not reliable sources if information! So let's see what they try next....watch this space!

Did you give them my case number, which references the other case as well?

Skoda technical in the UK had to escalate to factory level on mine as they had run out of ideas ......

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

Will do, can you share a link to where I log it? Could not find it on skoda uk website.......

I think he means call Skoda Customer Services direct and talk to someone, effectively, 'logging' the issue.

• Like 1

So unreliable dealers and even Skoda UK staff monitor the site!  I've seen Briskoda on screens ad VAG HQ in Milton Keynes ;)

• Like 1

So the latest news yesterday from the garage (I had to phone them BTW after hearing NOTHING since last Thursday!) was that skoda uk wish to run a diagnosis on the data blocks - which to me sounds like a software problem- SUPRISE!! However, the garage tells me their internet has gone down and they are getting it fixed. Last time the car was in they said their computer had broken, seems like they have a lot of bad luck!? Anyway, today I worked out that I have owned the car exactly 100 days, 34 of which the car has been in the garage. In light of this I finally got around to logging a case with skoda uk telling them about all the issues I have been having. I will update you all on my trials and tribulations as things unfold!

I've had a SS issue twice in 3 weeks/1,100 miles of ownership from new.

Cuts out as expected when stationary but then won't restart. Had to ignition off,move to park, re-start, put back in drive.

I've had a SS issue twice in 3 weeks/1,100 miles of ownership from new.

Cuts out as expected when stationary but then won't restart. Had to ignition off,move to park, re-start, put back in drive.

Does it come up with an Error message on the Maxidot and in the Car section on Infotainment?

So the latest news yesterday from the garage (I had to phone them BTW after hearing NOTHING since last Thursday!) was that skoda uk wish to run a diagnosis on the data blocks - which to me sounds like a software problem- SUPRISE!! However, the garage tells me their internet has gone down and they are getting it fixed. Last time the car was in they said their computer had broken, seems like they have a lot of bad luck!? Anyway, today I worked out that I have owned the car exactly 100 days, 34 of which the car has been in the garage. In light of this I finally got around to logging a case with skoda uk telling them about all the issues I have been having. I will update you all on my trials and tribulations as things unfold!

Just keep chasing SUK now and let them deal with the garage.

At a guess, you need a software update :)

I have an issue with my stop start now which is every now and then. No error messages come up but occasionally the car doesn't engage the stop start. I know about the conditions that need to be met etc, that isn't the issue. When it doesn't engage stop start is normal circumstances and I've got onto the vehicle status section on the info screen, it says 'engine must be running'.

Well, obviously the engine is running so what on earth is the issue?

Anyone experience this?

That's not an error. It is just a badly worded message that the engine is required to remain running, this may be because the battery voltage is too low or a passive regen is happening on a diesel for example.

So, garage phoned me today for an update. They have carried out some 'telly diagnostics' with skoda technical. Skoda technical could not understand the problem or how to resolve so they have logged it with skoda factory. (The garage finally took the case number regarding your issue Andy!). God knows how long it will take for the information to get to the right person at the factory and then for the resolution to be communicated and implemented back down the chain!? Skoda uk have not got back in contact since I logged a case with them yesterday so I will be calling them tomorrow as well.

Feeling pretty deflated now and wandering when I will ever see my car again : ( !?