Error: Start-Stop System

Sounds like the CAN gateway is missing some code ........

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sounds it to me too... I don't have much faith if they can't even code that properly.

No power draw message tonight either. Odd.

Need to get the laptop and VCDS out tomorrow night.

• 2 months later...

Well when I posted here back in November the fault never appeared again so I did not book it in. But alas last week it happened again and then every time I restarted the car. So I booked in and got he car back the same day but I am sure it will come back again. Therefore I am trying to pursue a replacement car because after 4300 miles and with this many faults it is simply not acceptable!

• 2 years later...
On 27/03/2014 at 20:51, andyvee said:

Hi

Anyone else had the below error on the Start Stop system?

Mine has had a software update that supposedly would cure this but hasn't, and it has now been escalated to the factory as SUK don't have a resolution.

I am aware of one user who rejected the car on the grounds of safety for this and another error. When the error happens, the following error code is logged which doesn't sound good to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine (J623-CKFC)       Labels: 04L-907-309-V1.clb
   Part No SW: 04L 906 021 DT    HW: 04L 907 309 D
   Component: R4 2,0L EDC   H83 4943  
   Revision: 00H83H22    
   Coding: 011D0012032501090000
   Shop #: WSC 73430 031 00999
   ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM20TDI01104L906021DT 002003
   ROD: EV_ECM20TDI01104L906021DT_SK37.rod
   VCID: 7AF1C4CAFD9E51CED53-802F

1 Fault Found:
21125 - Invalid Data Received from Airbag Control Module 
          U0452 00 [032] - -
          Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Mileage: 28426 km
                    Date: 2014.03.13
                    Time: 18:08:17

Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0 

This is happening about once a week at the moment.

post-61868-0-60983500-1395953391_thumb.jpg
post-61868-0-59448700-1395953400_thumb.jpg

So, has anyone else had this error and manage to get it fixed, or even worse not get it fixed?

Feel free to PM me a Registration number and Skoda case number if you have, anything that will help get it fixed.

Hi ive had the same error recently. Did you get this resolved? Skoda tell me they will have to check the system but it might not be recorded as it intermittent? 

Edited by grahamh138

Yep, they randomly replaced modules until the problem went away. Took them a couple of weeks, then again it was the muppets at Simpsons doing it so not surprised really!

It ended up with a new BCM and CAN Gateway at least.

Mine only happens now and again. Yesterday I started the car and there was a massive vibration and then it said stop start error. I've also had a traction control light and air bag light come on for no reason. Let's hope skoda find the fault when they plug it in? 

There will be plenty of fault codes logged for them to look at and scratch their heads. If you have VCDS don't clear any fault codes before it goes in to them. If you have a dashcam fitted that is running when the ignition is off I would remove it first - the Battery Control Modules don't like the constant drain on the battery, which eventually can have an impact on Start/Stop as the battery deteriorates.

I've also had problems with Start/Stop system error in a brand new car. It had spent almost a month in the garage (a few days after I've received the car), until they had figured out that the cause of the problem was some loose connector causing airbag module to fail.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MATTLUMBARD said:

@andyvee

I have just had this same error pop up on my 2015 Octavia VRS petrol today. Im assuming that I have to go to dealer to sort this out? It wont reset itself?

Thanks Matt

Check your battery is charged up - if necessary hook up a battery charger but read the handbook as you don't connect the earth to the battery but to a 'post' on the bulkhead.

If the error doesn't go away after a couple of days, or just keeps coming back, then book it in.

5 minutes ago, andyvee said:

Check your battery is charged up - if necessary hook up a battery charger but read the handbook as you don't connect the earth to the battery but to a 'post' on the bulkhead.

If the error doesn't go away after a couple of days, or just keeps coming back, then book it in.

@andyvee

Ah so the battery could be the fault? I still have warranty left so would that be covered do you think?

9 minutes ago, MATTLUMBARD said:

@andyvee

Ah so the battery could be the fault? I still have warranty left so would that be covered do you think?

Don't know if they would cover the battery, but it might not be that anyway.

It is a good starting point though to make sure the battery has a good charge.

You aren't running a dash cam are you?

2 minutes ago, andyvee said:

Don't know if they would cover the battery, but it might not be that anyway.

It is a good starting point though to make sure the battery has a good charge.

You aren't running a dash cam are you?

@andyvee

No mate no dash cam. Im not very mechanically minded to be honest and i dont have the tools to check the battery. I think if it continues i will just consult Skoda. I appreciate the info and advice though. Since joining this forum its been invaluable to me

28 minutes ago, andyvee said:

If you don't have a battery charger then if the error doesn't go away just get it booked in.

Last thing you want is something going wrong this time of year.

@andyvee

Luckily i have just come out of work and the error seems to have gone. Hoepfully its reset itself or something. Will keep an eye on it. If this is a known fault surely Skoda should sort it out?

my octavia is booked in for 2/3 days next week to sort out the quirky errors that have cropped up, the tech guy afreed with me the battery could be the problem for some of the fault messages, i will let you know if they say it is and what they do about it, my car is 12 months old

• 3 months later...
On 3/27/2014 at 20:51, andyvee said:

Hi

Anyone else had the below error on the Start Stop system?

Mine has had a software update that supposedly would cure this but hasn't, and it has now been escalated to the factory as SUK don't have a resolution.

I am aware of one user who rejected the car on the grounds of safety for this and another error. When the error happens, the following error code is logged which doesn't sound good to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine (J623-CKFC)       Labels: 04L-907-309-V1.clb
   Part No SW: 04L 906 021 DT    HW: 04L 907 309 D
   Component: R4 2,0L EDC   H83 4943  
   Revision: 00H83H22    
   Coding: 011D0012032501090000
   Shop #: WSC 73430 031 00999
   ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM20TDI01104L906021DT 002003
   ROD: EV_ECM20TDI01104L906021DT_SK37.rod
   VCID: 7AF1C4CAFD9E51CED53-802F

1 Fault Found:
21125 - Invalid Data Received from Airbag Control Module 
          U0452 00 [032] - -
          Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Mileage: 28426 km
                    Date: 2014.03.13
                    Time: 18:08:17

Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0 

This is happening about once a week at the moment.

post-61868-0-60983500-1395953391_thumb.jpg
post-61868-0-59448700-1395953400_thumb.jpg

So, has anyone else had this error and manage to get it fixed, or even worse not get it fixed?

Feel free to PM me a Registration number and Skoda case number if you have, anything that will help get it fixed.

Hi andyvee,

I seem to have the same fault code as you had long time ago. Sorry to bring this old thread to live.

Trouble codes: 
        U045200 - Invalid Data Received From Restraints Control Module
            Intermittent

another way of saying is Invalid data received from Airbag Control Module. fault code U0452 00

I got a booking with Motorline Skoda Dartford for major service..Do you think i need to mention these fault codes to them..so that they will update the car software...I already told the receptionist about few faults i have in my car and she added £120 (for inspection and diagnostic for those faults) on top of £320 (Major service+MOT) . but when i red the major service checklist  found Diagnostic report + software update is included in the major service.

I have also checked the halfords major service check list and it really attracted me £259 (major service+MOT) but they didnt say about car software update or diagnose the car. I dont know what would be the best thing to do..oh by the way other fault i have in the car is

P047F00 - Exhaust Pressure Control Valve "A" Stuck Open
            Intermittent