I Didn't Know The Yeti Did This....!

aerofurb

I'm sure pre-FL Yetis did this as well - I didn't know it though!

For what it's worth, I experimented today and after muting, in addition to pressing the steering wheel thumb wheel again, turning the head unit or thumb wheel volume control brings the sound back up.

Finding little things like this please me! :nerd:

• 2 months later...

I just noticed that the padded lid on the storage box between the front seats slides forwards. Gives a better armrest for the drivers left elbow on longer trips, but makes it more awkward to reach the handbrake.

Kevin

It can be raised to different heights as well.

I remember pointing out that the armrest made it hard for me to use the handrake ages ago. I seem to recall I got a good telling off for making a fuss too (yes Graham, I do believe it was you).

But the fact remains I find it extremely awkward to use the handbrake with the rest down - and that's in any state of raised or lowered position.  Not the end of the world as I keep the thing hinged up all the time.  But I still maintain it's an odd design given that at 5. 10"  I'm of average height (albeit not exactly skinny).

I also remember the question of the height of the interior mirror was a hot topic at one time - and I orderd mine with the auto lights option  which had the effect of raising the mirror height a few mm.

How does that work? Just pull?

Kevin

Just lift slowly, it has 3 positions.  Then to lower again lift to the top and down again.

Just a shame that even on its highest & furthest forward position it is neigh high nor forward enough.

Exactly! I have no issue reaching the handbrake and if someone (Superskoda PLEASE!!!!) can make a mod to make the armrest go that extra 3" forward still, it will be perfect.  On the MX-5 the transmission tunnel and the armrest on the door are exactly the same height and full length. Perfect position for both arms.

Windows have to be closed for the mirrors to fold from remote operation though, according to the manual anyway :)

I badly want my mirrors to close when ignition is turned off and vice-versa when the ignition is turned on,

a Honda i had on loan did this neat little task, why not the Yeti? turning the mirror adjustment knob works

but it is very reluctant at times (now tell me there is a post about this somewhere.)

hold down the lock button on your key fob and it will fold the mirrors. When you start up they will unfold again.

That is the trick indeed...  just a pity that if you have a sunroof in doing this the sunblind moves forward a few inches EVERY time you hold the lock button.  Sigh.  So after a fair few times folding the mirrors this way you will find the sunblind totally closed.

hold down the lock button on your key fob and it will fold the mirrors. When you start up they will unfold again.

Elegance only, I believe?  On my MY13 SE, the mirrors fold when I push them in and unfold when I pull them out.  There is a local alternative around these parts to pushing them in by hand and that's to do it with a hedge - a system that is commonly adopted when we meet another vehicle around the lanes.  

With regard to armrests, many decades ago (many!), we were taught that they should only be used (if at all) when the vehicle was stationary.  At any other time the arm could not move quickly in an emergency.  Both hands on the wheel at all times unless they were operating another control. 

The old red flag is still up in the loft, I think  . 

• Like 1

Windows have to be closed for the mirrors to fold from remote operation though, according to the manual anyway :)

I thought that might also be the case  & tried , but the manual is correct - Windows must be closed for the electric fold to work.

This has been discussed a few times about the mirrors auto folding in when you lock the car, but not unfolding till you get in and switch on,  like my son's Ford Focus does.

The result is that there would need to be some Loom chopping & some additional parts put in, ( did ask SUK customer services to hunt with thier tech Dept & got same answer as seen in other posts.

That facility along with the electric boot/hatch close are 2 functions that SHOULD have been included on the L&K spec as it is supposedly the top of the range for the Yeti, but the Superb get electric boot close ( & its not L&K)     :(  

I've discovered the DSG has a little trick up its sleeve.

The ignition key can only be removed if the DSG is in Park.

In any other position you can turn the engine off but that's it.

I've discovered the DSG has a little trick up its sleeve.

The ignition key can only be removed if the DSG is in Park.

In any other position you can turn the engine off but that's it.

'Not a lotta people know that!'. 

Clive knows really that this is in the Owner's Manual, p117 (2012 version) second para...... ;)

'Not a lotta people know that!'. 

Clive knows really that this is in the Owner's Manual, p117 (2012 version) second para...... ;)

Brijo, behave! :p

I struggle to remember what I had for lunch, let alone what's written on page blah, para wotsit! :giggle:

Oh, and it's on page 123, top of column 2 in my 2013 edition. :p

• Like 2

I did know it, in practice, but I confess to having to look it up to confirm that it's  legal :nerd:

While I 'm here, who the heck decided way back that an automatic stick should be pulled back to go forwards and pushed forwards to go backwards?! 

Brian

I did know it, in practice, but I confess to having to look it up to confirm that it's legal :nerd: !

While I 'm here, who the heck decided way back that an automatic stick should be pulled back to go forwards and pushed forwards to go backwards?!

Brian

And then along came the sequential shift, which turned it all on its head again.

I mean...

Auto. Backwards to go forwards and visa versa.

Manual. Forwards to go forwards faster and backwards to go forwards slower ??

It could be worse. They could have made us steer left to go right and right to go left!

It could be even more confusing still....

On a motorbike at low speed, you steer right to go right and left to go left.

Speed up and you steer right to go left, left to go right.

Counter steering is it's name, and strangely, it works.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

The reversing sensors appear to be a bit clever.

If you back up to a wall until the wide bars on the screen of bolero are all filled, you will be just far enough away from the wall to open the tailgate.

Simply clever?

• Like 3

If you back up to a wall until the wide bars on the screen of bolero are all filled, you will be just far enough away from the wall to open the tailgate.

Simply clever?

Teutonic engineering!

Fred

Simply clever?

...or not to, in my case.  Back up until all wide bars, then forward till they cancel - that's my own setting!