I Didn't Know The Yeti Did This....!

aerofurb

ah yes, me 

the CC user on the gravel

actually, there's more gravel than tarmac all in all in the country.  most of what you see is paved, 

but there's a lot to explore. 

some gravel is hard packed, smooth, and you can use CC just fine as long as you're watching what's coming up, but that's true on any road surface.

also, for the note above, I was playing to see what would occur, not going too fast, not half asleep

not texting, 

just seeing what would happen... 

I think it's really smart that if the car detects traction control activation, it cuts the CC.  Traction control activation could happen on a tarmac'ed road with wet, slippery, oily, snowy, etc surfaces.  doesn't everyone agree?  If cc didn't switch off, imagine the consequences.

another thing I observed:

if it's dark out, and you press unlock,

the lights come on.

but if you start fooling around, they won't come back on again ( at least for a short while, I was not patient enough to time that)

interesting, perhaps they thought if someone is just clicking and clicking, it might be a child toying with the fob ( or a bored adult)

and to keep the battery from going down

Hi I'm an Aussie, (Don't hold that against me)

I have used Cruise Control on Gravel Roads, Dirt/Mud outback & my favorite place "The Beach"),

It has "never"  failed me ever, + I travel  to what I consider a Safe Speed for the conditions.

Plus on original topic. I use Cruise control, have Original Tyre's and have worn down but haven't

hit the Buttons in between the tread 55,000 KM (34,375 Miles)

so I recon I'm good for another 10,000 KM or so.

Bolero Radio. When using the i-pod 'selections' of artists, although it starts with 'A' and you can use the down arrow but it's really slow going through all the 'A's etc WELL you can touch the screen and drag to the letter you need. Simples!

Only owned it 2 years.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The 2 speed warnings can be an extra help to avoid points.

1-usual speed warning on maxidot i have set to 30mph

2-winter tyre warning i have set to 70mph

when these speeds are accidently exceeded a bong is heard and maxidot says"set speed to fast/winter tyres speed to fast" message can be over ridden with a press of the steering wheel right rotary switch.otherwise slow down to the set speed and the warning message goes away.

Not that i drive at high speed,well not know as based in uk  :clap:  and have a yeti.

• Like 2

No need to hold it. One 'click' of the button is +1 km/h. Same for slowing down (using the lower button).

One click seems to be more like plus or minus 2kph on mine.  Never really understood why.  Although it does seem to limit itself to 1kph at anything above an indicated 120kph.  All rather odd, but you get used to it.  Maybe the CC on the earlier ones (mine is a 2010er) was calibrated to the eastern European smidgen.

Edited by ejstubbs

If you stall the engine at low speeds, just depress the clutch and it starts again.

The addition of Halogen high beam lights to the xenons is a huge improvement over the pre-FL xenon headlights.

• Like 2

If you stall the engine at low speeds, just depress the clutch and it starts again.

The addition of Halogen high beam lights to the xenons is a huge improvement over the pre-FL xenon headlights.

And they're bloody bright with good useable light pattern too.

Yes, the best lights I've had on any car.

I found out about the first thing a little while ago. Got baulked when entering an island and stalled it. Whilst reaching for the key I pressed the clutch and it started - took me by surprise really!

That's one way the characteristics of diesels have changed - years ago it would have been almost impossible to stall one.

Only if you have stop-start (I don't, but this works on my Audi).

Why press it 10 times to go 10kph faster? Or say from a 50 limit to 70 on the mway. Press hold release done.

Perhaps I wasn't clear - I was pointing out that you don't need to push-and-hold the button to get the feature to work; however as you point out, pushing-and-holding effectively works as a key-repeat for quicker speed changing (for down as well as up).

The 2 speed warnings can be an extra help to avoid points.

1-usual speed warning on maxidot i have set to 30mph

2-winter tyre warning i have set to 70mph

when these speeds are accidently exceeded a bong is heard and maxidot says"set speed to fast/winter tyres speed to fast" message can be over ridden with a press of the steering wheel right rotary switch.otherwise slow down to the set speed and the warning message goes away.

Not that i drive at high speed,well not know as based in uk  :clap:  and have a yeti.

James, can I just clarify this, if you've a minute? I have an SE. I've been right through the MFD and can see the speed settings options for use with winter tyres. But I can't see anything to set a general speed warning? Some of the urban roads round us seem to be designed to catch out the unwary and a beep at 30 would be useful.

But is the setting only aimed at winter tyres?

TIA.

I have an SE. I've been right through the MFD and can see the speed settings options for use with winter tyres. But I can't see anything to set a general speed warning

If not showing in MFD go to "Settings" - "MFD Data" and tick the box for "Speed Warning". It should then be possible to see it and select a warning speed in the MFD.

• Like 1

If not showing in MFD go to "Settings" - "MFD Data" and tick the box for "Speed Warning". It should then be possible to see it and select a warning speed in the MFD.

Ah, the penny drops. So ticking it in MFD data then adds another setting to tick in the main MFD?

Right. I'll try that tomorrow.

Thanks both.

I just noticed that when the Auto lights function is on, when the lights do come on there are two LED's by the front reading lights that come on, easier to see than staring down to the light switch. I don't know why they removed the lights on lamp in the instrument cluster.

• 3 weeks later...

Talking of lights, I wondered why the xenons did that cross eyed thing in their little dance.

Found out tonight on a dark, twisty lane.

They move sideways to light to inside of a bend as you turn the steering.

Simply clever.