I Didn't Know The Yeti Did This....!

aerofurb

I inadvertently did it last night.

It was pretty cold and usually I wait for the glow plug to go out. But I turned the key before it had and a few seconds later the light went out, the engine turned over and it started.

Bit weird really. Mine's a FL Euro 6. 

Same here.

It works on mine.

Igntion on, turn key briefly (while pressing the brake) hate that, have to use my stick to press it as it saves struggling to get in and out 10 seconds later to scrape windows. Glow plug light goes out and hey presto.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, SimonVespa said:

Fuel dropped into the red tonight and the sat nav offered to find the nearest fuel station for me! 2017 Amundsen 2.

Clever Skoda :biggrin:

11 hours ago, SimonVespa said:

Fuel dropped into the red tonight and the sat nav offered to find the nearest fuel station for me! 2017 Amundsen 2.

Mine brings this up with 90 miles remaining, my Fabia used to do that at 50 miles.
I'd like it more at about 50 miles or to be user adjustable.

I do believe there is quite a bit more than 90 miles left going on filling up when range is stating 20 miles or so.

When this happens does it turn the satnav on,or do you have to have the satnav on at the time because I can't remember it happening on mine or does it have to be set up on maxidot?

Clever or dumb?

With the new Bolero, if you have shuffle selected and have two or three versions of the same track by different artists, with the same title, it will play all of them one after the other.

It wasn't a coincidence either.

It has happened several times over the last few weeks.

I don't have a Yeti, Yet!  Looking at an SEL Drive, all depends on the ££'s, but my question is this.  With the Amundsen unit, does it actually have to be turned on in order for the Bluetooth phone functions to work?

the reason I ask is in my previous Rapid with the Swing radio if someone phoned me it would come through the car even if the radio was off.  Likewise if I pressed the speech bubble button on the steering wheel it would come to life and ask me what I want d to do. Radio on or off, however, my Uncle had a Rapid Spaceback with Amundsen and I think the radio has to be turned on before any of this functionality will work?

any ideas?  Thanks. 

19 hours ago, Kenny.j said:

I don't have a Yeti, Yet!  Looking at an SEL Drive, all depends on the ££'s, but my question is this.  With the Amundsen unit, does it actually have to be turned on in order for the Bluetooth phone functions to work?

the reason I ask is in my previous Rapid with the Swing radio if someone phoned me it would come through the car even if the radio was off.  Likewise if I pressed the speech bubble button on the steering wheel it would come to life and ask me what I want d to do. Radio on or off, however, my Uncle had a Rapid Spaceback with Amundsen and I think the radio has to be turned on before any of this functionality will work?

any ideas?  Thanks. 

Just been out to check. With the stereo switched off calls come through via Bluetooth. Voice control button does not work. 

• Like 1

Yesterday evening I had the rear interior lights on, and after approx 10mins they switched themselves off, this is probably the same on most modern vehicles but the first time for me to witness it, no more worry of a flat battery with the kids leaving the interior lights on which is often a problem when the lights are delayed in switching themselves off when locking the vehicle at night. 

On a similar note I would like to see a switch up front for switching on the rear interior lights, on the Audi and Kia the light is just above my shoulder so easy to stretch at but the Yetis are quite awkward to reach so would of liked a remote switch

• Like 1

On 06/04/2014 at 23:30, Smokeyjoe said:

On my previous car (an Audi A4) the speed selected on the CC appeared on the Maxidot (equivilent) and the car would keep to that speed during average speed sections on a motorway. The object speed could be set up or down in advance using the rocker switch and the car would respond accordingly (one click per mph). But when I tried this on the Yeti last week I noticed that I had to use the switch to switch CC on and then adjust the speed by watching the speedometer and clicking the rocker switch up or down until the desired speed was arrived at. This is a bit dangerous as you have to watch the speedo for longer than you should to get to the correct speed. Also, on a downhill section, the speed increased by itself, but on my Audi, it would apply the brakes to keep the speed constant.

Have I missed something, or is this the way that the Yeti CC works?

Good point. On my previous car, Nissan Note, I could easily toggle up and down in units of 1mph without having to reset the CC.

The speed was also shown digitally on the dashboard display.

My new Yeti is much less flexible CC wise.

I don't the Yeti speedo.Being measured in units of 20 mph, I have to look down carefully to ensure I am keeping to 30 or 70 mph.

The only digital speed display on the Maxdot is in kph. Is it possible to change it to mph?

If you keep the toggle switch pressed you will accelerate.

You can change the Maxidot reading by finding someone with VCDS and changing the car to Australia. There are numerous threads on here about this. Personally I can't see the point; I just use the KPH readings and convert them. 

As has been said before in those threads you can't use the Australian setting in the latest Yetis.

As for the CC, I've used those in VW and Audi, and much prefer the dedicated switch in those rather than the fiddly one in the Yeti which I rarely use.  

18 hours ago, nugbuv said:

Good point. On my previous car, Nissan Note, I could easily toggle up and down in units of 1mph without having to reset the CC.

I don't the Yeti speedo. Being measured in units of 20 mph, I have to look down carefully to ensure I am keeping to 30 or 70 mph.

The only digital speed display on the Maxdot is in kph. Is it possible to change it to mph?

You can toggle up and down on the yeti. Tap the rocker switch to increase or decrease by about 1mph. It doesn't add up several taps though. On a previous car if you did 4 taps it would increase by about 2 miles an hour. The Yeti doesn't respond again until it has achieved the new setting.

Having kmh on the maxidot is great. Just remember what a true 50mph or 70mph is in khp and it is much easier to set to this or check your true speed. eg I know 86kmh is an exact 50mph, 119kmh is an exact 70mph. (allowing for speedo error, these are calibrated and correct in my vehicle, perhaps not in yours)) If this was mph you would have to remember that 54mph for example is exactly 50mph allowing for the error built in etc, and at a glance you would think you are speeding.

I actually noticed a feature on my TomTom recently having had it for ages. In an average speed area it gives you a cumulative average speed on the display. This tallies nicely with the above settings for speed as well.

(The speed shown on a sat nav is nearly exact apart from the slight effects of gradients, as otherwise the distance to go and anticipated journey times would be wrong, so is a useful way to find out exactly what speed you are doing and how big the speedo error is. I think mine is around 76mph on the speedo at an exact 70mph, and this will increase slowly as tyres wear.)

On 22/02/2017 at 19:55, nugbuv said:

I don't the Yeti speedo.Being measured in units of 20 mph, I have to look down carefully to ensure I am keeping to 30 or 70 mph.

Using the toggle switch to adjust the CC set speed definitely works, I use it a lot.  It's not in 1mph steps though, more like 1kph IME.  Not having the CC set speed showing on the Maxidot means you don't necessarily realise that the car has registered the toggle, because you can't feel such a small change in speed.  That said, IME the Yeti's CC only holds speed to within a couple of mph either way; if the CC itself isn't accurate to an exact number of mph, why bother displaying a number that suggests that it is?

As Graham says, pressing and holding the toggle will smoothly increase or decrease the CC set speed (although there does seem to be a little bit of overshoot).  It certainly won't  register multiple presses of the toggle in very rapid succession - you need to leave it a second or so between each press.  This is one instance where I suppose having the CC set speed displayed might be handy, but TBH I'm so used to it now I don't even think about it.

The issue (or otherwise) of the 20mph intervals between markings on the speedo has been done to death on here.  It doesn't worry me at all: somehow my brain manages to cope with the fact that 30mph is bang in the middle between 20 and 40...

Similarly, getting mph on the Maxidot has been discussed here before.  The answer is that you need VCDS - or someone with VCDS - to make the change.  A fairly straightforward Google should turn up the steps that need to be taken.  Again, not a change I've ever felt the need to have done - and in fact I've actually found it useful in the same way that Kenfowler3966 described.  And of course the Maxidot speedo is just as inaccurate as the main one.  But each to his own.

• Like 2

I repeat, MPH can't be enabled in the Maxidot in the latest Yetis.

Nugbuv may not have an older Yeti (or others looking for this change) so this "advice" needs to be more specific and accurate.

Edited by VAGCF

Well it looks like I've got to eat humble pie here! 

Some previous threads had reached the conclusion that the large MPH display could not be achieved with the facelift Yetis even using the Australian setting.

Other recent threads now say that this can be done, so apologies from me.

Chris 

On 21/02/2017 at 11:17, jonnyboy78 said:

Yesterday evening I had the rear interior lights on, and after approx 10mins they switched themselves off, this is probably the same on most modern vehicles but the first time for me to witness it, no more worry of a flat battery with the kids leaving the interior lights on which is often a problem when the lights are delayed in switching themselves off when locking the vehicle at night. 

But I recently failed to close tailgate properly , "locked" car ( or rather it probably didnt lock) and front inside lights were on several hours later. 

2 hours ago, rarrar said:

But I recently failed to close tailgate properly , "locked" car ( or rather it probably didnt lock) and front inside lights were on several hours later. 

On my Yeti if the doors or tailgate are not locked correctly the indicators will not blink when arming the alarm, so at least you know that one of the doors is not making the limit.

21 hours ago, jonnyboy78 said:

On my Yeti if the doors or tailgate are not locked correctly the indicators will not blink when arming the alarm, so at least you know that one of the doors is not making the limit.

True and now look for indicators flashing; tailgate seems more difficult to close on my new FL model and not as obvious that it is "open". Never had any issues with previous model in 5 years. I assume it is a matter of getting it adjusted ?