Battleship Grey

Wow

Spotted a Battle Ship Grey VRS Estate yesterday and it looks great. I imagine pictures do no justice!

One disappointment though is the fake exhaust! If Jaguar are happy with not using a fake why do Skoda insist?

I think this is a pretty good set of photos of Steel Grey:
http://www.the-car-addict.com/2013/08/Gallery-Skoda-Octavia-RS-Combi-Steel-Grey.html

For the exhausts, its probably just to keep the rear-bumper common with the TSI (which has twin exhaust).

I don't mind it and can't say I noticed it in the flesh.

On my Mondeo ST diesel there was only 1 chrome exhaust & even that was fake as the box exit was before the bumper to help dissipate the smoke... :)

One positive thing I've noticed on the fake exhaust is that it gets less dirty, therefore easier to clean :happy: ..... You're right it is a bit naff, but its nothing to get worked up over. 

• Like 1

I was really worried when i placed my order last August as the Skoda publicity shots looked so so bad (I based my decision on building it on the website, shots of the Audi RS6 in the same colour and on the hope it would be a bit rare) and when I showed the Skoda shots to my friends they said it was horrible and tried tried to talk me out of it. There wasn't much love even on here for the Meteor Grey either going back to the posts of last August /Sept but I'm so glad I stuck by my decision and I'm now forever getting positive comments on the colour.

I must admit it is exceedingly difficult to get a digital camera to capture it as it looks to the eye. Digital sensors really don't seem to be able to work out what it should look like.

Mine is the TDI and it would be nice to have the twin exhaust to go with the trim but I'm not to worried about it and if it means Skoda doesn't have to make a specific bumper for the TDI and thus keep the cost of the diesel down, then I can live with it  :happy:

• Like 3

I've had my TDI Meteor Grey hatch a week now, my wife hates the colour but I have had 3 people specifically stop and talk to me and say how unusual I like the colour. It is and will remain a Marmite/Vegemite choice.

• Like 1

When I first saw some pictures I wasn't sure but the more photos I saw the more I liked it, I have seen up close a meteor grey estate whilst waiting at a set of traffic lights and in the metal it looks good.