Faster vRS?

Hi all,

I don't always get time to keep upto date on here if what's planned and up in coming.

Are there any rumours/plans of a higher output vRS? Similar to the cupra etc?

Yes indeed, i have ordered one only this weekend.

Dealer tells me current status is the engine block is still in raw material form and is 200ft down in a mine in asia.

Hes confident of a bw of wk 27, in the year 2027.

• Like 4

No rumours at the moment, unlike they have with the Leon where there is still a rumour that they will release the Cupra R although judging on the price of the 280 Cupra, you'd be better off sticking with either the S3 or Golf R!

You know me mate, I'd be right behind you in that que, however VAG are all about sales and I'm not convinced with the direction they want Skoda going in, more budget and less performance hence no Fabia VRS anymore, that a higher performance variant will be offered, after all, the VRS TSI is as quick if not quicker than a PP GTI, has more or less the same leg space and boot space as an Audi A6, so if Skoda made a VRS R type car would leave all the other cars almost redundant  :rofl:

Although, anyone on here hears different, please let me know as I'll start saving now!

• Like 2

and based on the price of the new 2015 WRX bang for buck just got a whole lot more competitive. Auto trans listed as Golf only available in DSG here (NZD):

VRS TSI DSG $49,000

VW Golf GTI DSG non perf pack $61,000!!!! yep retarded!

Subaru WRX  auto $50,000

I drove the new WRX in the weekend. Is more capable dynamically with AWD than a TSI VRS but still not as big, torque is slightly higher up in rev range so TSI motor is better and more economical, and interior still looks like a child designed it but still. If you want an AWD car for all weather performance it's hard to beat at that price.

VW over here is in dream land, just nobody knows what a VRS is, and the 6 month wait now for a new one isn't helping either. People can't believe it when I say my VRS is pretty much a Golf GTI less $14k and with more spec and room!

Edited by snala

There was an article in one the German auto magazines about a Bonneville Octavia vRS edition.

This article talks about a 300bhp vRS.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/305791-2015-octavia-bonneville-special-vrs-true/#entry3652279

I assume this information is just rumour rather than an official Skoda release.

Touring cars put ~300bhp through the front wheels, and there are road -going offerings from other manufacturers that already offer 250-270bhp. 1st and 2nd gears will struggle, but trick diffs and being gentle with the right foot will allow for such power levels. 0-60 times will not improve much by adding ~80bhp to the front wheels but in-gear acceleration times within 3rd and above will be much increased. There are also some advantages of FWD over 4WD. FWD is typically 50-70kg lighter and there is much less mechanical resistance/drag. 4WD will of course be faster when traction is the limitation (low gears), but once moving FWD will pull harder.

I an not saying FWD is superior to 4WD or RWD, just that it is not slower within all scenarios.

I wonder when someone here is going to ask if it is possible to retrofit a 280 bhp Cupra R engine into an Octavia vRS? :giggle:

I'd be more interested in nicking the diff from a GTI PP. ;)

It needs the Cupra's engine tuning, the mechanical diff, and the active suspension. AWD would be nice too...

and in the UK autofolding wing mirrors...

Edited by Zillio

As nice as all the above is, it all adds a fair bit of weight so ideally, they'd need to keep the weight if possible below 1.4t,...hec, if they could, I'd get the kids to walk if it meant having no rear seats to keep the weight down if they made a VRS R  :rofl:

It's destined not to happen guys, press release involving big wigs at skoda said that skoda had to remain a mass sales manufacturer and wouldn't be making any major dynamic changes to the octavia, also that they wouldn't be extending the vrs umbrella accross the range which I personally think is a huge mistake! A vrs yeti, superb, rapid or citigo would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's destined not to happen guys, press release involving big wigs at skoda said that skoda had to remain a mass sales manufacturer and wouldn't be making any major dynamic changes to the octavia, also that they wouldn't be extending the vrs umbrella accross the range which I personally think is a huge mistake! A vrs yeti, superb, rapid or citigo would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't quite see a Superb VRS working but I do love the idea.